• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff up classes, nerf op classes - Time to get some balance

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
wow this is a huge facepalm.
If you know how to kite as wizard you can easily kill all of the warrior specs IMO.
Dragoons get almost instanly killed by a wizards combo.
if you kite well enough the paladin wont catch up to you.
same with DK.
Samurais also almost instantly killed by a wizard.
You're so tunnel sighted it makes me sad.

macura

Diamond
If you go head to head with a caster as a ninja even kicking then doesn't garuntee a win, they get mealy 5 second to spam skills kick hit eviscerate hit envenom hit will smash there hp but wizard root bolt fireball icebolt fireball can't even get to them, begiuler piggy fireball deepfreeze fireball gg no re once again
Using kick should never guarantee a win. Overall i do agree that rogues need a slight buff because of all the cc casters can throw at them but part of this is that people are not playing the classes are they are supposed to be played. You are rogues, you need to be sneaky. Like kwong says utilize smoke a lot more. Smoke is less of a move that you use when already in combat but something you use to sneak up on someone. Fighting ninjas this map a majority of the time when smoke is used against me the person uses it while i am looking at them. Becoming invisible will not make the caster forget that you are there, when people do this i just search for them using fireblast. Only use smoke when the caster is not looking at you. If they don't see you using it then most of the time they will be like wtf and think you might have logged or ran off. This is when you stab them in the ass.

The people who seem to be having trouble are ninjas and it would be cool if ninjas were buffed by removing the message from smoke and increasing the duration.

Although warrior specs kill rogue specs from what i can see, ninja is still extremely powerful; when fighting a sammy on the test server the most health they ever won by was 1.5 hearts. I think that one of the problems currently is that all warrior classes run around in full gear because iron and diamonds are easy to come by, they also degrade extremely slowly. However leather is extremely expensive and hard to come by. Whenever i fight rogue specs i never see them in leather armor. I think that this will get better as the map progresses because people will start to make large cow farms and leather will become more available.

(I made the earlier point about ninjas because the majority of people who are specced rogues become ninjas and the people who have posted that they have been having trouble with warrior specs seem to mostly consist of ninjas.)

macura

Diamond
If you know how to kite as wizard you can easily kill all of the warrior specs IMO.
same with DK.
I actually don't agree with this. When sammies pop one it turns from kiting into running for your life and praying for one to end.
Goons spear my constantly and mess me up with a shovel.
Paladins have 2 stuns currently (one of them being an aeo forpull stun.)
Dk put their dots up and do a lot of health however they are the easiest to kill.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I actually don't agree with this. When sammies pop one it turns from kiting into running for your life and praying for one to end.
Paladins had 2 stuns currently (one of them being an aeo forpull stun.)
Dk put their dots up and do a lot of health however they are the easiest to kill.
I agree with macura actually... Its not fun to kite samurais and goons. You have to rely on root sadly.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Paladins had 2 stuns currently (one of them being an aeo forpull stun.)
Well it all depends on the wizard. Mrchucklez fucks me up. paladins need a nerf badly, and wouldnt a full combo on a samurai almost kill them?

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
same with DK.
Note you only said wizard... While wizards can kite foreverrr (better than dragoons can catch up imo, or close to it) other classes have trouble. Pyromancers cant kite for shit and as a pally I just pull all the caster specs in and stun them hard. Sure you cant do that as a DK but you can as a dragoon. Sammys just have to 1 + Strafe to get within range. While this is a team game and I like it that way this shouldnt be a game of rock paper scissors. Some fights you cant avoid (like fights with Dragoons) and you should still be able to win (with skill) no matter what the classes are. You mentioned Treecreepers @Zaspar and most of them are warriors. There are a few of them who arnt but the majority are warriors. I am a paladin an I am overpowered. The other warrior specs are aswell.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
@macura1

I'm a Ninja and I agree with you 100% there is nothing under powered about ninjas.

I think that one of the problems currently is that all warrior classes run around in full gear because iron and diamonds are easy to come by, they also degrade extremely slowly. However leather is extremely expensive and hard to come by. Whenever i fight rogue specs i never see them in leather armor. I think that this will get better as the map progresses because people will start to make large cow farms and leather will become more available.

THIS.

This is the exact reason why people want warriors nerfed or Rogues/Ninjas Buffed. Ninja's don't run around in full leather gear because it's so damn expensive. Warriors can go buy a stack of iron for 32c or go mine a shitton of it and they have plenty of armour.

Leather-

Expensive
Low armour rating
Easily breaks.

Iron-
Medium armour rating
FAR more durable that leather
cheap/ easy to come by.

Joka10

Soulsand
Maybe since alchemists are losing chainmail, alchemists could get a skill that lets them make leather.

macura

Diamond
Maybe since alchemists are losing chainmail, alchemists could get a skill that lets them make leather.
Getting leather should be a farmer only ability. I have no idea how the alchemist cauldron plugin works but i could see alchemists having the ability to make leather armor for less leather than it would take to make it with a crafting box plus a certain regeant to specify which piece is being made. Doesnt take business away from the farmers and there will be a more effecient use of leather that is currently very rare.