• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff up classes, nerf op classes - Time to get some balance

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok, to start off - the balance team doesn't work, I don't get why we have a community driven balance team, it doesn't work, and it will never work. The specs we have on herocraft are highly unbalanced, 50% of the specs are either op or up.

I'll be talking about the up classes, and the op classes. I'll also bring up a few suggestions on how to help balance the classes.

Warrior
All of the specs are too strong except maybe dreadknight(I haven't even seen one this map), the damage buff you did on their weapon damage was unnecessary, the warrior path needed it, but not such a huge buff, and not the specs.

-Dragoon- deals too much damage, lower some of their numbers.

-Samurai- 94 sword damage, full chain, 990 hp, double movement speed for 20 seconds. Two DoTs that is stronger than a Necromancer's DoTs. Does this seem balanced?

Lower sword damage, less hp(instead of nerfing the armor).
Make one a short burst of speed with a low cooldown.

-Paladin- Too tanky, too much damage. Higher cooldowns on skills, lower sword damage.

Caster

-Necromancer- Why are you nerfing necro again? The class was on the weaker side before the drainsoul nerf. Now, a lvl 1 caster's fireball deals more damage, and has a lower cooldown, how is that balanced?

Decay deals 200 dmg over 21 seconds, bolt deals 285 instant damage.
Plague deals 140 AoE dmg over 15 seconds, pulse deals 116 instant AoE damage.

You see where I'm going with this?
Regardless, remove poison. Divide the damage from poison into Necro's two other DoTs.

-Wizard- Too much utility with that 5s slow, the slow in itself is fine, but it lasts for too long, making the wizard able to root, slow, burst and blink away without taking damage.

-Beguiler- Beguiler has a worse root, due to that they might need a slighly stronger icebolt(not 5s duration I mind you.

Rogue

Rogue classes seems weak now because they can't beat any of the warrior classes, nerf the warrior classes - this needs to be done.

-Runeblade- Same one suggestion as samurai.
Needs a health boost, get's destroyed by all classes including casters.

Healer
I don't really have any info on healers, but I think most, if not all are balanced.

I'll be editing the post as we go.
Discuss.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with the Warriors HP and Armour. Warriors specs are the only ones that can wear Iron armor, and on top of that they have higher hp than their counterpart. (Rogue)

I agree with dropping warrior specs hp and keeping their armor. After all warriors are known for wearing armor in battle, taking away their armor would just be stupid.

Sammy needs a Nerf. It's closer to a buff rogue spec than a Warrior spec.

flamingcoop

Stone
ok but i think runeblade needs 1 or 2 more abilitys i know it is fire but they need a fire arrow or somthing like that fire mnight be op but not when you don't have time to cast warriors are op

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Let me make an example of Ninja vs Dragoon, lvl 24 goon vs 34 ninja. Jumped on the goon, got two stuns off, he turns around, disarms me and kills me in 7ish hits. He had 4.5 hearts left.

I'm not the best pvp'er as a rogue, but the amount of health he had left is ridiculous, I also had armor on.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
The Drainsoul nerf on Necromancers were made when 90% of players were unspecced. Some of the nerfed aspects are fine and understandable, but the cd for it is slightly too high, I reckon. Just lowering it 1-1.5s (1000-1500ms) would suit it better.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
As one of the few people who pvped as necro before they nerfed drainsoul I gotta say they were very OP. It was too easy to kite and kill with 150 damage drain souls on a 5 second cooldown. I say keep the large damage nerf they got and reduce the cooldown a little bit. I also support removing poison and buffing the other dots. Spider eye farming sucks.

macura

Diamond
Ok, to start off - the balance team doesn't work, I don't get why we have a community driven balance team, it doesn't work, and it will never work. The specs we have on herocraft are highly unbalanced, 50% of the specs are either op or up.

I'll be talking about the up classes, and the op classes. I'll also bring up a few suggestions on how to help balance the classes.

Warrior
All of the specs are too strong except maybe dreadknight(I haven't even seen one this map), the damage buff you did on their weapon damage was unnecessary, the warrior path needed it, but not such a huge buff, and not the specs.

-Dragoon- deals too much damage, lower some of their numbers.

-Samurai- 94 sword damage, full chain, 990 hp, double movement speed for 20 seconds. Lower sword damage, less hp(instead of nerfing the armor).
Lower the amount of time One lasts.

-Paladin- Too tanky, too much damage. Higher cooldowns on skills, lower sword damage.

Caster

-Necromancer- Why are you nerfing necro again? The class was on the weaker side before the drainsoul nerf. Now, a lvl 1 caster's fireball deals more damage, and has a lower cooldown, how is that balanced?

Decay deals 200 dmg over 21 seconds, bolt deals 285 instant damage.
Plague deals 140 AoE dmg over 15 seconds, pulse deals 116 instant AoE damage.

You see where I'm going with this?
Buff necromancers DoT damage, remove the earlier drainsoul nerf. I'd rather see poison removed for buffs on their other DoTs.

-Wizard- Too much utility with that 5s slow, the slow in itself is fine, but it lasts for too long, making the wizard able to root, slow, burst and blink away without taking damage.

Rogue

Rogue classes seems weak now because they can't beat any of the warrior classes, nerf the warrior classes - this needs to be done.

-Runeblade- Lower the amount of time One lasts.

Healer
I don't really have any info on healers, but I think most, if not all are balanced.

-Bloodmage- Revert the drainsoul nerf.

I'll be editing the post as we go.
Discuss.

Ok pally is being revamped so changes made to it now would be irrelevant.

A caster's fireball does do more damage however you forget that drainsoul restores health to the caster and it is impossible to miss unlike fireball. Also reverting it base to its previous state would be ridiculous.

Decay and bolt are not skills that are supposed to be compared because they are very different. Necro deals with DOTs while Wizard deals with high insta damage with warmups. If you didn't notice wizard bolt now only does 185 damage and has a 1.5s warmup. Decay does not have a warmup.

Also plague is very different than pulse. First of all plague is a far more powerful skill than pulse because it has the range of around 10-15 blocks and lacks a warmup. Pulse has a warmup of 1s and in order for it to be used effectively the caster must run into a group of people. Running into a group of people while being slowed because you are using a skill with a warmup normally does not turn out well for the caster.

To summarize what i am trying to say is that necromancer is not underpowered in any way because they lack warmup on everything except for web. A necromancer could run near someone, aim in their general direction while spamming keys in order to get their dots off and then run away giggling while the other person starts to die very rapidly. I highly disagree with you. And i am not going to be surprised when you finally master caster and make the incredibly shocking decision to go necro.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
ok but the rogue classes need a little fix
Okay, Flaming, you need to justify these claims with something. You can't just spit it out. You say that rogues need to be fixed, What is it that you find wrong with them, and what woudl be your solution to fix it. How would that solution compare to other classes.

flamingcoop

Stone
necro also gets ability to live in nether :) i wish one of my friends were necro i can live there i am farmer can summon animals i have grass and ice so i am set :)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The Samurai One was 15 seconds at the end of Dragon. Also, the Cooldown is 45 sec, so One can't be spammed.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok pally is being revamped so changes made to it now would be irrelevant. A caster's fireball does do more damage however you forget that drainsoul restores health to the caster and it is impossible to miss unlike fireball. Also reverting it base to its previous state would be ridiculous. Decay and bolt are not skills that are supposed to be compared because they are very different. Necro deals with DOTs while Wizard deals with high insta damage with warmups. If you didn't notice wizard bolt now only does 185 damage and has a 1.5s warmup. Decay does not have a warmup. Also plague is very different than pulse. First of all plague is a far more powerful skill than pulse because it has the range of around 10-15 blocks and lacks a warmup. Pulse has a warmup of 1s and in order for it to be used effectively the caster must run into a group of people. Running into a group of people while being slowed because you are using a skill with a warmup normally does not turn out well for the caster. To summarize what i am trying to say it that necromancer is not underpowered in any way because they lack warmup on everything except for web. A necromancer could run near someone, aim in their general direction while spamming keys in order to get their dots off and then run away giggling while the other person starts to die very rapidly. I highly disagree with you. And i am not going to be surprised when you finally master caster and make the incredibly shocking decision to go necro.

First of all, all of the caster specs has other skills that allow them to easily hit their target, all except pyro, which is a melee caster. Wizard has root and icebolt, beguiler has piggify and icebolt. I don't think you get the point that fireball deals double damage, and has half the cooldown.

Yes, necro has DoTs, wizard has insta damage w/warmup. Bolt deals more damage than the god damn 21s DoT, that is not balanced. Wizards also have root, and icebolt if I might add. You got one warmup that you'd use in pvp, I don't see how you fail at the root -> bolt combo.

I got nothing on plague, it just deals little damage while consuming all of a necro's mana. Btw, samurai's DoTs deals more damage than necro's DoTs.

When you run at someone, how do you get away? With a biased web and a skill that dosen't work when people use optifine. You never played necro, and don't make statements about what I do or what I'm going to do, leave that up to me.

Also, fix your post, it gives me a headache.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Now now, before this gets any more heated. Remember this is a DISCUSSION not an argument. Both of you have valid points.

I agree with most of it. Rogues need a serious buff too base damage and hp. I feel the need to turn my back before a fight even begins if he happens to be wearing wearing iron armor an axe, sword, or spade; its just not worth the effort too find out he had half his hp left even after i blew everything on them. I was being chased by c12, he's a dreadknight and find myself getting killed RUNNING AWAY. I got away with half a heart left, and was lucky i was barely out of range. Edit ( that means he was using spells only, not being able to melee me)

I have made this argument before too. Dragoons are the most mobile of all classes, but are just as threatening as 3 ninja's at once. Fights aren't even based on who's better anymore; if your side has more warriors then us.... we are going to lose.

Though, one thing i do not agree with is the one nerf on rune-blades. They have the second lowest hp in the game (in par with pyro's) has no range, and is partially useless till lvl 35. They cant catch up too any of the casters; i get rooted, bolt'd, fire balled, ice bolt'd, then blinks away before i can even hit them. That right there is 9.5 hearts, if my fire shield isn't up, i'd die from fire.

That's just my opinion. I play rune-blade and its quite difficult to win any 1v1's without having the jump on them.
Anything people have told me to try, i've tried. It's much different applying whether someone is op or not on paper, then actually playing them

Then again, i've only began to hit the 35.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
What I was thinking about the One nerf was making it a short length short cooldown skill, making you be more tactical about when to actually use it, and at the same time when you're trying to escape a samurai, him using one wont be a death sentence.