• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff up classes, nerf op classes - Time to get some balance

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
You arent providing specifics - you're providing blank statements - if you want to be taken seriously, give exact numbers, side by side comparisons and I'm not even joking... graphs/charts.

The more FACTS you have the more OBJECTIVE you are. Subjectivity is ignored here.
Well, instead of doing massive nerfs/buffs to classes, start by slowly tuning them. Instead of waiting several months due to trying to hit that exact number, do your calculations, tune it by small numbers, and then keep tuning it until it gets right.

But as you tune a class, tune the other classes that connects to that class. E.g not constantly nerfing dragoon by small numbers while leaving the other warrior specs alone(using warrior specs as an example because they are the classes that needs tuning right now). Ignore this if there is only one class that needs to be nerfed etc.

You could start by reverting the warrior attack damage buff from specs and drop their health by 5%, keep tuning them from where that leaves you, all by small numbers(leave the warrior basic path as it is).
This way you wont get the event where you suddenly have an op class, or a totally weak and useless class(no offense, but this happens way too often).

Let me just use the bloodmage and beguiler nerfs from last map as an example here, got a massive nerf early, took 7-8 months to buff them again.

You wanted numbers, well I suck at giving numbers. But I hope this gives you the general idea.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Casters of any class don't really have much of a problem dealing with warrior's high armor capabilities, Especially paladin. Armor cannot protect from non-physical damage so thats where the R-p-s (rock paper scissors) comes into play. What you would be doing is surrendering that function. fighting Pallies? Send in the wizards! Fighting Wizards? throw some rogues at em!
Paladins are highly capable of tanking a caster with the use of pray. When I mentioned the armor I meant that armor is causing the imbalance between rogues and warriors.

I for one hate rock paper scissors style of balance btw.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
"Snip" -Oudaiesty
Rock paper scissors is just poor inside aminecraft mmo(HC), it increases the difficulty to balance classes by a ton. Why? Because once you buff one class, let's say the rock(warrior), then you'd have to buff the paper aswell(caster), but now the scissor is being beaten hard by the rocks, and the paper is so strong that the scissor has trouble dealing with the paper.

Then you buff the scissor, something doesn't match in the circle, and you'd have to start tuning all again, etc.

So yeah, completely agree with you there.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Paladins are highly capable of tanking a caster with the use of pray. When I mentioned the armor I meant that armor is causing the imbalance between rogues and warriors.

Provide a different/better system other than RPS

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6

I'm just trying to keep the other classes in the rotation so that we don't forget about them when buffing a certain class. Lets not forget that player skill and how they use their abilities can easily throw r-p-s in any given situation. Everyone has a niche environment.

With the use of pray it will be a long fight but a caster if they could manage to maintain distance could do well. hence why I feel bad about having reckoning. Now that I think of it Rogues are kinda Jelly. I honestly wouldn't mind a damage nerf if it makes fights more challenging. (As I said before.) I say this because its natural to the game to have less damage than less armor.

(I would also like to point out that rogue class should probably be faster since they have less armor which would also be acceptable to the nature of the class. Faster meaning lower cool downs and such.)

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
"Snip" -Oudaiesty

Rock paper scissors is just poor inside aminecraft mmo(HC), it increases the difficulty to balance classes by a ton. Why? Because once you buff one class, let's say the rock(warrior), then you'd have to buff the paper aswell(caster), but now the scissor is being beaten hard by the rocks, and the paper is so strong that the scissor has trouble dealing with the paper.

Then you buff the scissor, something doesn't match in the circle, and you'd have to start tuning all again, etc.

So yeah, completely agree with you there.

Yeah that was also something I was getting at, Buffing a class can be dangerous. If there was a way to balance things like super smash bros where its actually a matter of points (More attack? Less of the inverse - defense or weight) This way if we had an objective standard of allocating points to atributes then we could round everything to 1000 pts (arbitrary value) for non specs 1250 pts for specs and 1500 pts for legendary classes. (Just an alternative example much easier to maintain but also its harder to set up initially. The exact inverse of RPS)

Thebeast

Iron
I wonder about the people that are complaining about warriors are actually rouges, saying that rouges are underpowered. At the start of the map a very large amount of people went rouge and they were dealing a ton of damage. If warriors do have to be nerfed nerf the damage only for the fact that warriors have the armour and rouges have the damage. But dont nerf one and buff the other.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I wonder about the people that are complaining about warriors are actually rouges, saying that rouges are underpowered. At the start of the map a very large amount of people went rouge and they were dealing a ton of damage. If warriors do have to be nerfed nerf the damage only for the fact that warriors have the armour and rouges have the damage. But dont nerf one and buff the other.
If you'd read my shit, you'd see that I want to keep the warrior's buff, but revoke the the warrior spec's damage buff, and also nerf their hp by a tiny bit.

Also, I've been switching back and fourth from rogue, healer and caster.
Why warrior specs are op? In a 1v1, warrior vs rogue the warrior always wins, 50% hp left. They are not supposed to be able to do that.

No one has been saying that rogue was underpowered, except maybe that guy that has played on HC for a few hours.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
What I was thinking about the One nerf was making it a short length short cooldown skill, making you be more tactical about when to actually use it, and at the same time when you're trying to escape a samurai, him using one wont be a death sentence.

I use it all the time to push the flow of the battle in the way I want. Its the only way to catch dragoons. If you take one away from me because "i move too fast" then you're basically saying only dragoons and wizards should be allowed any movement modifiers. I use One only one time during a fight.... if you increase the cooldown or decrease the time it wont have any effect besides making me switch to alchemist so i can make speed potions.
*edit* forgot about runeblade, but I guess you want that nerfed too*

To me the entire thread is just you complaining because you're a caster and get killed by warriors when you're standing still. Seeing as you are asking for nerfs across the board.
Why not just ask for the classes that are too weak to be brought up a bit? I'm tired of seeing nerfs hitting 3 to 4 classes in a month and 1 getting buffed, and that class being waaaaaaaaaay stronger because of the other 4 nerfs.

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
I would like to see however some type of objective standard of rating created. An Effectiveness rating system.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I use it all the time to push the flow of the battle in the way I want. Its the only way to catch dragoons. If you take one away from me because "i move too fast" then you're basically saying only dragoons and wizards should be allowed any movement modifiers. I use One only one time during a fight.... if you increase the cooldown or decrease the time it wont have any effect besides making me switch to alchemist so i can make speed potions.
*edit* forgot about runeblade, but I guess you want that nerfed too*

To me the entire thread is just you complaining because you're a caster and get killed by warriors when you're standing still. Seeing as you are asking for nerfs across the board.
Why not just ask for the classes that are too weak to be brought up a bit? I'm tired of seeing nerfs hitting 3 to 4 classes in a month and 1 getting buffed, and that class being waaaaaaaaaay stronger because of the other 4 nerfs.
Did you even read properly? Where do you see "increased cooldown" on One.
If you'd read some of page 2 you'd see my suggestion about One(forgot to update OP). "Shorter active time and shorter cooldown", e.g 5s active 10s cd.
And please, I changed to a caster yesterday. I've been playing as a rogue for a month.

"I use it all the time to push the flow of the battle in the way I want." Aka catch and kill any class.
"Its the only way to catch dragoons" Dragoons is a mobility class, samurai is not. Both classes is op in terms of damage and tankyness.

Thebeast

Iron
Did you even read properly? Where do you see "increased cooldown" on One.
If you'd read some of page 2 you'd see my suggestion about One(forgot to update OP). "Shorter active time and shorter cooldown", e.g 5s active 10s cd.
And please, I changed to a caster yesterday. I've been playing as a rogue for a month.

"I use it all the time to push the flow of the battle in the way I want." Aka catch and kill any class.
"Its the only way to catch dragoons" Dragoons is a mobility class, samurai is not. Both classes is op in terms of damage and tankyness.
Thats why you have said nothing about nerfeing rouges all you want are buffs.

Thebeast

Iron
Are you seri.. are you kidding me. I do not want a nerf on rogue because they don't need to be nerfed, I haven't even mentioned a rogue buff.
No you havent mentioned a rouge buff becuase you have been saying that warriors are to op with their armour, I think that some classes may be a little stronger then others but it also comes down to how you PVP with that selected class.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
No you havent mentioned a rouge buff becuase you have been saying that warriors are to op with their armour, I think that some classes may be a little stronger then others but it also comes down to how you PVP with that selected class.
If you're too ignorant to read through the thread you can leave, please.