• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff up classes, nerf op classes - Time to get some balance

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
All of you trolls spilled way too far away from the topic at hand. This is about balance, not who is better at pvp.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I haven't played as a ranger yet (level 13 rogue), so I'm not sure if this would be too OP against many classes or something, but Rangers need a movement skill. Aren't they supposed to be extremely fast and agile, raining down arrows while leaping from treetop to treetop?

Gills 40 204 2 min For 1 minute you can breathe under water.

This is the closest that Rangers have for a mobility skill, and it most likely used for travelling, not PvP, because Rangers would want to get at a range away from melee attacks. With most rivers and some parts of the oceans in Minecraft, you can be 1-2 blocks down in the water and hit something at the bottom.

If they are meant to be more agile, make them more agile!

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I haven't played as a ranger yet (level 13 rogue), so I'm not sure if this would be too OP against many classes or something, but Rangers need a movement skill. Aren't they supposed to be extremely fast and agile, raining down arrows while leaping from treetop to treetop?

Gills 40 204 2 min For 1 minute you can breathe under water.

This is the closest that Rangers have for a mobility skill, and it most likely used for travelling, not PvP, because Rangers would want to get at a range away from melee attacks. With most rivers and some parts of the oceans in Minecraft, you can be 1-2 blocks down in the water and hit something at the bottom.

If they are meant to be more agile, make them more agile!

Actually as a ranger you want to fight in the water as the person cant hit you because they cant reach you while you just keep hitting them in water. Water is your best friend as a ranger. Even the smallest pool of water can make the difference.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Actually as a ranger you want to fight in the water as the person cant hit you because they cant reach you while you just keep hitting them in water. Water is your best friend as a ranger. Even the smallest pool of water can make the difference.
I never really thought of it like that. Rangers still need a (or another, if you think of Gill as a movement skill) movement skill, though.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not sure Rangers need a movement skill. Try using kick to gain distance then IceArrow (should be up already) and Barrage for an AoE slow that u can run (sprinting) away while using the first time.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I'm not sure Rangers need a movement skill. Try using kick to gain distance then IceArrow (should be up already) and Barrage for an AoE slow that u can run (sprinting) away while using the first time.
But what about samauri ( I think that's how it is spelled) and other people with movement skills that would easily catch up?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger has one of the best slows in-game. We don't have on-par damage skills to make up for the over importance of ice arrow but we are one of the best classes to lock someone's mobility down with. And with an enchanted bow (rare) we are great.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Ranger has one of the best slows in-game. We don't have on-par damage skills to make up for the over importance of ice arrow but we are one of the best classes to lock someone's mobility down with. And with an enchanted bow (rare) we are great.
Yeah but we'd still be better with a mobility skill instead of FireArrow.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
FireArrow in pvp is relatively useless (I sometimes poison arrow, FireArrow once and then run until fire ticks wear off, but it's not ideal to plan on periods of zero arrow damage in a fight), but any replacement of it should be coupled with an ice arrow nerf. Maybe double the mana cost per shot, making it 20%? We want to use all our skills, but we can't because FireArrow is a little underutilized and IceArrow is often over utilized.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
My tought about paladins:
First of, the description is wrong, reckoning is not a slow/stun, it only pull enemies towards you whit a very little damage.

I concider paladin as a powerful but not OP class, we got little damage, and since the HP nerf do DK got more HP than us.
We rely on mana, and after we have used comviction and soulfire do we sit whit 33% remaining mana.
I think this is ok, cause of the buff theese skills do give.

Divinestun:
is the only stun we got, this got 1 secound warmup (I think), and the warmup break on damage (in and out).

Pray and Layhands:
This is the heals paladins got, people still concider Layhands as OP, but if you start lo look at what paladins got, do you find shieldreflect, LH and divinestun. Layhands got around 15min cd, so it is a once in a fight skill.
Pray is alright, not too useful in a fight, you may use pray maybe 2-3 times in a fight (due to the warmup and cd).

Invuln:
Invuln is a great skill, it gives you a break in the fight. You get time to regen stam, or pray once. Since you can't attack others while being invulned does this not really outbalance the class very much (as I see it).

Shield and shieldreflect:
Shield is a passive skill, not really worth using in PVP, cause of the little damage you can do using a door.
However shieldreflect is a great skill, it depends on witch class you are fighting, but it is generally good.

Possible changes:
As I said Paladin is not very OP, but some changes may be nececeary to get it balanced.
I suggest;
lower the stamina cost on divinestun and reduce the range to 5.
remove stamina cost on Layhands, and set the cd in 20min (instead of 15min).
Set the range on reckoning to 10 (instead of 8).

I don't know if this will make the class too OP/UP, but that are possible changes that won't ruin the class completely.

(I would suggest nerfing DK's HP).