• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bows.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
If you want to nerf rangers, nerf their HP. They currently have 99.5hp and iron/chainmail. Just get rid of that and then rangers have at least ONE weakness.
from my encounters their weakness is aiming the bow, but maybe the rangers ive encountered havent been very good.

GraRona

Portal
Come to think of it, I think bows on Samurais would be a good fit. Just not on ninjas. How bout 8 dmg for a fully charged sammy bow?

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Rangers DO have ONE weakness, it's called being trap in a corner. You just need to trap a Ranger in a corner and you win. If you actually become a ranger, you can see how hard it is to aim without any good distance. Rangers need quite a bit of distance to shoot there opponents so they have a chance to fire another fully charged bow and escape and repeat the process. Most people do know that charging straight forward at a ranger isn't the best idea.

@Twidger

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, if we actually get a very specific description of a Samurai. We would know if a bow could fit for it. For example - Rangers rely on there bow and arrows, Beastmasters rely on there wolves and axes, Ninjas rely on there stealth and sword, Mages rely on there spells. If a samurai dosen't really need to rely on a bow, I'm not sure why one needs a bow.

Spicycheez

Portal
Master Rangers don't need skill to play imo. With 25 dmg bow all you need is root, a bow and some arrows and you're good to go.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I would actually approve the bow, as:
  • Historically speaking, Samurai's did use bows
  • It would be an effective replacement for our Star skill :p
It would be nice, just to have a small amount of ranged damage, nothing OP or anything, but i really think it could give the edge on mobs and surprising people in PVP.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Master Rangers don't need skill to play imo. With 25 dmg bow all you need is root, a bow and some arrows and you're good to go.
Stupid Rangers do not know how to use the bow/root.
They eitheir do not know how to aim or they do not know when to use root.
Smart Rangers know to aim and know when to use root.
Smart Rangers knows when to use Root. Smart Rangers use Root as a advantage. They can use root to avoid close combat or they can use it so while the player is rooted, they can back off about 5 blocks and aim from there so they wouldn't have to worry about hitting close combats.

Aiming with a Bow is like Sniping in CoD. If you try and snipe a moving person or a running person, ofc you know you would have to shoot from the front of him because the bullet has a delay before it gets to him. It is like sniping in cod when aiming with the bow except much harder because arrows obey gravity. If you actually try re-specing to Rangers and master it. 1vs1 someone that is a spec without using Root, If you win that means your a smart ranger if you didn't that means your stupid. I have seen videos of people pvp'ing with the bow in Vanilla Minecraft (That means no Heroes, so no root) and they actually aim quite well. I would want to post videos of them but I'm not sure if it will be called advertising since its a video of them pvp'ing with there server on the background. But anyways, Rangers do need pure skill to aim. Planning strategies is always recommended before going in battle - I always plan mines before going to battle. I Root, I back away about 10 blocks, I use FireArrow, and use IceArrow if theres about 5-8 blocks away from me and if I miss and my Root is still on CD, I use Barrage.

nmtonj

Soulsand
Smart Rangers knows when to use Root. Smart Rangers use Root as a advantage. They can use root to avoid close combat or they can use it so while the player is rooted, they can back off about 5 blocks and aim from there so they wouldn't have to worry about hitting close combats.

Aiming with a Bow is like Sniping in CoD. If you try and snipe a moving person or a running person, ofc you know you would have to shoot from the front of him because the bullet has a delay before it gets to him. It is like sniping in cod when aiming with the bow except much harder because arrows obey gravity. If you actually try re-specing to Rangers and master it. 1vs1 someone that is a spec without using Root, If you win that means your a smart ranger if you didn't that means your stupid. I have seen videos of people pvp'ing with the bow in Vanilla Minecraft (That means no Heroes, so no root) and they actually aim quite well. I would want to post videos of them but I'm not sure if it will be called advertising since its a video of them pvp'ing with there server on the background. But anyways, Rangers do need pure skill to aim. Planning strategies is always recommended before going in battle - I always plan mines before going to battle. I Root, I back away about 10 blocks, I use FireArrow, and use IceArrow if theres about 5-8 blocks away from me and if I miss and my Root is still on CD, I use Barrage.

You can run around quickscoping in cod

Spicycheez

Portal

Bind Root to a key, spam that key until it roots someone, move 5-8 blocks, firearrow/ice arrow them, wait a few second, repeat and you can pretty much win any 1v1 seeing that you only need to repeat like 3-4 times :S

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
@Spicycheez - A stupid person would of course would die to that. Theres a word and a action called "running" or "escaping." If you think you can not win the fight, run, don't try to kill the Ranger. If you think you can still win the fight with you being in low health, Don't charge at the Ranger straight forward. Circle Around the Ranger. Smart PvPers know what to do, they always plan strategies and not just charge and hit them.

GraRona

Portal
You guys are starting to veer offtopic. Anyways, I strongly feel samurais should get bows with 8 damage fully charged. 8 damage isn't too much IMO and it would just help a little bit in pve and provide some good sniping in pvp.

Spicycheez

Portal
@Spicycheez - A stupid person would of course would die to that. Theres a word and a action called "running" or "escaping." If you think you can not win the fight, run, don't try to kill the Ranger. If you think you can still win the fight with you being in low health, Don't charge at the Ranger straight forward. Circle Around the Ranger. Smart PvPers know what to do, they always plan strategies and not just charge and hit them.
spam root and im pretty sure that you'll get them then all you gotta do next is ice arrow them so they move slowly, root again because you only gotta wait like 4 seconds then repeat.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
On topic, Samurai would be an excellent class for the bow, as historically they were pretty big users of the bow. Reduced damage (anywhere from 2-10) would be logical, as they are not primarily a bow user. However, their damage could be buffed (from around 5-15) and not be in direct opposition to the ranger. The key difference (and this especially applies to the beast master who already has the bow) is that only the ranger class gets skills directly pertinent to the bow, IE ice arrow, fire arrow, poison arrow, and barrage.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
First off - Star skill was a ninja skill too. Historically speaking, Ninjas had bows too. Google "Ninja with bow" And Ninjas also have shit for armor, and less hp than a samurai. Maybe a weak bow will aid a ninja on working down a samurai from farther distance. Cause 1v1 even with the element of surprise, samurais win against ninjas. Giving them a bow would be ridiculous in my view. Bards + bows = a good thing.

GraRona

Portal
Ninja with bow came up with WAY less images than samurai with bow. Ninjas were the fast stealthy fighters while samurais were the armor clad fighters armed to the point where they couldn't move. Their weapons included bows.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I think Rangers and Beastmasters should be the only class to get bows imo.