• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bows.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Should more classes have them but with less damage?

Ranger does 12-25 dmg with the bow.
Beastmaster does 5-10 dmg

Should we allow for others to use it but have it do 'normal' (less) damage?
Classes:
ninja
samurai
bard

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
I really would like to see a nerf on Ranger's damage. Maybe down to 8-20? Not sure what would be best but Bard should have a Bow but lower damage.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
I think that would be awesome. Kind of off topic but rangers root needs a higher mana cost imo.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Should we allow for others to use it but have it do 'normal' (less) damage?
Classes:
ninja
samurai

No

Bard maybe

Oryinn

Obsidian
Shut your mouths you dirty hooligans. I will have a little chat with both of you later!

OT(Not really): Ranger is Underpowered. (OT for reals)Although I would like to see more classes with the bow. Damage scaled of course.

agentjwall

Godly
I suppose a similar (and rhetorical) question would be:
"should other classes get the Dragoon's spear?"

I feel as if other classes began acquiring the bow the ranger class would loose much of it's uniqueness as a class. I'm not opposed to the idea entirely but I feel that it's the quintessence of the ranger class, making it special.

If it had happen though I think bard would be a 'yes', Ninja a 'maybe', and samurai a definite 'no' (keep it to rouge classes)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the bow is a great opportunity to make classes more interesting, like the bard and the samurai. Of course with scaled damage.

I don't think the samurai's bow should do more than 8dmg, just because it's already a great class. Perhaps we could give the paladin a bow? I mean, when I think of a paladin, I think of a strong warrior with nice armor, doesn't mean he/she can't have a bow.

Perhaps the necromancer could have a bow too? Or maybe I've played too much of that Diabolo2 mod :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I suppose a similar (and rhetorical) question would be:
"should other classes get the Dragoon's spear?"

I feel as if other classes began acquiring the bow the ranger class would loose much of it's uniqueness as a class. I'm not opposed to the idea entirely but I feel that it's the quintessence of the ranger class, making it special.

If it had happen though I think bard would be a 'yes', Ninja a 'maybe', and samurai a definite 'no' (keep it to rouge classes)
We have rouge colored classes?

GraRona

Portal
Ninjas and Samurais do not need a bow even if the damage is dampened

Bard, seems fine to me though. It could also encourage more people going Bard.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well i was supporting it because it's a vanilla feature of minecraft, and it's nice to have them to use on mobs, even if you aren't doing much damage, it really comes in handy. I agree the ninja doesn't need it because it makes sense, but the samurai could have one because it does make sense. However with how the classes are balanced now, they definately don't NEED it.

I still think paladins should get one :p

GraRona

Portal
Well i was supporting it because it's a vanilla feature of minecraft, and it's nice to have them to use on mobs, even if you aren't doing much damage, it really comes in handy. I agree the ninja doesn't need it because it makes sense, but the samurai could have one because it does make sense. However with how the classes are balanced now, they definately don't NEED it.

I still think paladins should get one :p

For some reason I really feel Paladins and DKs should get bows. Kainzo didn't put them in the list to give them bows :(

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
Samurais deserve some sort of a range attack after they lost eggs. If you guys didnt read the damage will be around 10 damage a arrow not ranger like damage.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Yup. Samurai had bows. What a twist! It isn't as though I knew that all along and facepalm'd when it got taken away from them.

Ninja- Nope. Stealth and the strongest melee damage available should NOT need a bow.
Bard- Ambivalent leaning towards Yes. They ARE more of a support class, and staying out of the fray to provide buffs and shoot arrows would be good.
Samurai- Ambivalent. It would be nice for a non-Rogue to get a bow in my opinion, and it's in-character for a Samurai to have it. I'm unsure as to what that would mean for Samurai as a class, though.

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
If you want to nerf rangers, nerf their HP. They currently have 99.5hp and iron/chainmail. Just get rid of that and then rangers have at least ONE weakness.