• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beating up new players

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey guys/gals I know your out there, I just want to know why though?
because the current system benefits new players being killed.

It's a flaw in the system and human psyche.

I want to enable punishments for killing someone, a lawless society is currently residing on Herocraft.

I want Laws / Crimes and the ability for an automated system to set bounties / blacklist players who break the rules constantly. (by murdering/stealing etc)

It's a big undertaking and not something I've yet to produce.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9

I want to enable punishments for killing someone, a lawless society is currently residing on Herocraft.

I want Laws / Crimes and the ability for an automated system to set bounties / blacklist players who break the rules constantly. (by murdering/stealing etc)

This would be something I'd actually love to see in Herocraft... make people ponder a bit over if they want to kill someone. Though this could work the other way around: Someone attacks one, yet the other kills the first one. Of course unless it started at a combat tag, so the one who initiated the combat tag would be the one to get the punishments.

You can add a profession like the police.

agentjwall

Godly

*Random thought* I feel as if you should revive / integrate the KoK into this system <.<

OysterbOy

Coal
woah kan calm Down a bit, black list for killing or raiding ? isn't that a little to much? if you wanted this server to be anti killing then you should have turned pvp off xD but I like the idea of auto bounty like after 5+ player kills a bounty gets put on you and for every kill above # the bounty gets bigger?

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
woah kan calm Down a bit, black list for killing or raiding ? isn't that a little to much? if you wanted this server to be anti killing then you should have turned pvp off xD but I like the idea of auto bounty like after 5+ player kills a bounty gets put on you and for every kill above # the bounty gets bigger?
How about not 5 kills, but a 5 killstreak?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Not blacklist as in banned but will have negative effects like being attacked by guards in spawn or something of the like.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Is it possible to code a placeholder, in the form of auto-bounties for large (25+) kill streaks?

Ideally, Auto bounties would be have an increasing chance to be placed once either a threshold has been passed either #of kills total in a time period, or # of kills in a row on a single person.

If nothing else, an auto-bounty of 50c when someone kills the same IGN 5-10 times in a row, without other kills, would be cool.

I think making the chance random will prevent any possible attempts to avoid this (ie killing a player 4 times, killing his friend 4 times, and stopping at 24 kills for the time period).

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds like discouraging pvp, imo. Unless this is ONLY for camping newer players, or camping the same player over and over (ie: 10+kills an hour). However, there have been players who in the past raged out and ran towards armed players over and over and over.
I dunno, instead of an automated plugin, why not just make the KoK, like Agent said. We need good players, a 'good' guild.