• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beating up new players

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
I wanted to make a religion on this map, but my plans went up in smoke when I A) became reliant on others who then forced me on other projects and B) was too bad at the game to beat out others for resources and, since I'm by and large a peaceful, good-natured player, I usually refrain from attacking others I see, a practice that tends to put me at a disadvantage. So my Herocraft religion never began, because I couldn't get the resources. Dog eat dog and I'm just a mouse.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
We already had a religion last map. It was called Brutalism, and the sole purpose was to worship Brutalacerate. We even had a church/temple/whatever and weekly events for our followers. This wasn't necessarily a "Good" religion, but I see it as proof of concept.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
life-is-what-you-make-it.png

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
We already had a religion last map. It was called Brutalism, and the sole purpose was to worship Brutalacerate. We even had a church/temple/whatever and weekly events for our followers. This wasn't necessarily a "Good" religion, but I see it as proof of concept.

Ha! Belegost still has a shrine to Brutal!!!!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Because you've got the simple thing of loot. There is no benefit to only killing raiders as they're only carrying the bare minimum, where are you look at a noob the chances are they're mining for resources and it becomes very beneficial to kill them for it. Such is an evil act and there is no downside to killing the noob other than looking like a bit of a dick which at this stage most people don't care about. Being good on the other hand yields no benefits in the slightest.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I wanted to make a religion on this map, but my plans went up in smoke when I A) became reliant on others who then forced me on other projects and B) was too bad at the game to beat out others for resources and, since I'm by and large a peaceful, good-natured player, I usually refrain from attacking others I see, a practice that tends to put me at a disadvantage. So my Herocraft religion never began, because I couldn't get the resources. Dog eat dog and I'm just a mouse.
I'm the same way, tbh... I don't attack people unless they attack me, and because they initiated the fight, I lose. I think my KDR at /pvp is like 4/70 or something

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I like this idea. Having auto bounties would make finding and killing the evil people easier for the good people. This would go hand in hand with the karma system. I enjoy pvp in general, but its more fun killing bad guys :D

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
As far as I have seen, Oakenshire just claims to be Good but isnt. Some other Good towns are SkyForge and Alicubi.
SkyForge in particular. Those are typically good folk right there- I can't speak from experience on behalf of Alicubi, though. Never ran into one.

I like this idea. Having auto bounties would make finding and killing the evil people easier for the good people. This would go hand in hand with the karma system. I enjoy pvp in general, but its more fun killing bad guys :D

Haha, the auto-bounties IS the karma system that Kainzo's been talking about, though with a few other things added. Last I heard there's been almost no major progress on that front yet, because Lag's a focus right now, at least as far as what Kainzo himself is doing.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
No towns are good, regardless to what they claim to be. It is near impossible to force all the members of a town to act like a "good" player. Even if they get in trouble for it, most mayors won't kick citizens for doing it. There are certainly good players, but not towns.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
How so? If you can provide some explanation I can work on changing that.
Lately I havent seen much happen with Oakenshire, but before the town went around killing people. Sometimes I asked one of the citizens "Why are you killing people if you are a Good town", and the reply I got is they dont even know about the alignment.

Lately I havent seen much happen with Oakenshire, but before the town went around killing people. Sometimes I asked one of the citizens "Why are you killing people if you are a Good town", and the reply I got is they dont even know about the alignment.
At one point we considered switching to neutral because we would counter attack neutral towns like LO for attacking us, and then hear them whine that good towns shouldn't do that, but decided it would be pointless because there's no official alignment rules. I don't think it's fair to deem an entire town as falsely aligned because of what one member did in the past. We tend to keep to ourselves until a town initiates PvP with us. My question is how neutral towns can raid us without any justified cause, and then when we kill them or raid back, they claim we're not "good". If they were truly neutral they would not initiate conflict with a peaceful town that hasn't done anything in their direction.