• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Arma 2 Combined Ops - Dayz Mod

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
It looks interesting - but very very rough. The zombie AI is poorly done. I'd like to give it a try but I dont see my self paying $30 for this.
Remember, it's still in early alpha. I would imagine these things will improve over time.

Only thing I'd be worried about is that I'd be spending, like you said, £24.50 on a game that's 3 years old.. wouldn't want to go fork out that and no one plays on it much.
Is it an active community? I could easily spend hours and hours on this game if I was in a good dedicated group in a popular server, more players the better in my opinion
$30 is a good price for this game, and a shitload of people play it, especially the DayZ mod. According to their site, there are currently 169,000 unique players playing the mod. That's quite a lot of people, especially considering that it was only released a couple months ago. Also, ArmA 2 has been on the top 10 games on Steam for quite a while now because of it.

Game is stupid. No Mac version/Port.
Why would they waste development time on a sub-par OS that nobody uses for gaming? Especially considering the fairly steep system requirements and niche appeal the game has.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I should be getting this game this weekend - can't wait to play with some of you guys.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey, if anyone cares to join a group, I have a group of 7 people currently. We typically play on US15 Dallas or US 25 if the other one is full or down.

I'll hop on the Herocraft TS tomorrow from 12-5 CST, just poke me if you want to join up. We always welcome trustworthy players.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm on as of now, just join the DayZ channel whenever you guys get on, and I'll tell you what server etc.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
@HeX7 Me and HeX7 are going to formulate a crew, so far its just us (we're both UK, you see)
Just bought the game and d/loading now, I should have it within the next two hours!

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
@HeX7 Me and HeX7 are going to formulate a crew, so far its just us (we're both UK, you see)
Just bought the game and d/loading now, I should have it within the next two hours!

Hopefully you can join up with us, and not have too much lag.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo, if you need help, I'm in teamspeak and willing to help ya out.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
@Jorict
Upgraded my PC today, half downloaded Arma II and the Dayz Mod... and then my hard drive failed 0.0
Now sitting here with a blank hard drive reinstalling an old version of Vista onto it. No files. No Adobe suite. No games. No nothing.
God help me.

Hopefully during this week, if my ISP doesn't get too pissy and throttle me, I'll eventually be able to play with you guys, as I've been planning to the whole weekend.

R.I.P. Galaxial's PC.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Jorict
Upgraded my PC today, half downloaded Arma II and the Dayz Mod... and then my hard drive failed 0.0
Now sitting here with a blank hard drive reinstalling an old version of Vista onto it. No files. No Adobe suite. No games. No nothing.
God help me.

Hopefully during this week, if my ISP doesn't get too pissy and throttle me, I'll eventually be able to play with you guys, as I've been planning to the whole weekend.

R.I.P. Galaxial's PC.
vista? :( ick