• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
False. We keep records of who does what, and those who are incorrigible get banned.

Okay well i only just encountered this problem with logging out very recently, so maybe you have moderated it, but it's often hard to tell warp from recall. if someone warps to donor bank they could lie and say they recalled. You can check logs on key binds for warps when they press that key, yes?

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
but no one has been banned/ temp banned over it, and i see it alot. multiple warnings, but that aint enough

We, the Staff, determine what is or isn't enough punishment. We do as we feel necessary and have been handling everything perfectly fine.

Now, if there is a repeat offender, they may get handled with a tad more rough than someone who rarely does it.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
NOOBS Building on top of your structure,

how do I go about getting a noob moved that has built an overhang and built ontop of my structure area?
I ask him politely prior to building when he asked if he could build by me I said please dos so at a resonable distance I usually say 40-50 blocks, he build directly over a started project and build a overhang to house it.

I dont want to grief the structure, however it really is my claimed area.
I have very poor internet and laptop for the next few days and doing anything in game is impossible.
I hired a player to build a temporary cobble wall to give people a visually represented area of my planned estate

I'm not asking for much, the map is 5000x5000 you all know I love to build LARGE project, its hard to explain to h a noob that mountain 2 squares from me will not be there in a week... they don't understand my massive project ideas.

anyway I want to be polite to him about this, but my internet and laptop and work schedule wont allow me to tell him, and I don't want his structure to grow like cancer all over me while I"m away...

SO PLEASE HELP ASAP.... cuz I cannot... while away

Airbus101

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
Building on or in someone else build without permission: totally griefing! pe it and ask to annihilate his shit if you do marked the area as yours with a wall before

or tire it down yourself, in belgium we have a sentence for that: who build in someone area, build FOR the owner of the area

so what he builded is now yours, make what you want with it, but i'm not from staff, so don't take my words like that, /pe it and see

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks carmeops I love the quote about building for the owner that funny shit.

hopefully the person I hired was able to build the wall and I can sort this all out when I get back.
San Juan internet here was so bad I didn't even try to login, sucks too cuz I had like 8 hrs of good game time which I watched TV instead.

Carmeops wheres your shop this game??? I miss buying your stuff!

Airbus101

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i didn't stole enough yet to make a proper shop ^^

well, i do kinda own Shin Kyoto farm and there is farm product chestshops in it with my name on it, but the price isn't adjusted yet at all, it's mainly for our citizens

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
NOOBS Building on top of your structure,

how do I go about getting a noob moved that has built an overhang and built ontop of my structure area?
I ask him politely prior to building when he asked if he could build by me I said please dos so at a resonable distance I usually say 40-50 blocks, he build directly over a started project and build a overhang to house it.

I dont want to grief the structure, however it really is my claimed area.
I have very poor internet and laptop for the next few days and doing anything in game is impossible.
I hired a player to build a temporary cobble wall to give people a visually represented area of my planned estate

I'm not asking for much, the map is 5000x5000 you all know I love to build LARGE project, its hard to explain to h a noob that mountain 2 squares from me will not be there in a week... they don't understand my massive project ideas.

anyway I want to be polite to him about this, but my internet and laptop and work schedule wont allow me to tell him, and I don't want his structure to grow like cancer all over me while I"m away...

SO PLEASE HELP ASAP.... cuz I cannot... while away

Airbus101
If you were there first - it technically is your "area" - although request assistance from an admin/mod

Bisu

TNT
So I'm killing a guy in his base, then he spawns by his bed.

Option 1: Kill him and keep on killing him every respawn (spawn camping)
Option 2: Destroy the bed so he doesn't respawn, then replace the bed afterwards to prevent griefing.
Option 3: Walk away.

Are options 1 and 2 viable? Just wondering I want to be within bounds of the server's rules and I've heard differently from all sorts of players today while I was doing just that.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
So I'm killing a guy in his base, then he spawns by his bed.

Option 1: Kill him and keep on killing him every respawn (spawn camping)
Option 2: Destroy the bed so he doesn't respawn, then replace the bed afterwards to prevent griefing.
Option 3: Walk away.

Are options 1 and 2 viable? Just wondering I want to be within bounds of the server's rules and I've heard differently from all sorts of players today while I was doing just that.
Option 2 is very okay. Some people will whine, but meh. Make sure you don't put the bed back exactly where you took it from, or the change won't take effect. Next to the spot is okay.

Option 1 is a gray area. I'll say this much: I've never seen anyone banned for doing it (though offenders have been dealt with more than once). It takes the fun away from your opponent, though, which kind of spoils the game. Just show good sportsmanship, and take option 2 if option 3 doesn't suit the situation.

Gabe_180

Dirt
Without knowing how the hidden mechanisms of the server's anti-hax code works, I can say this much with certainty: we have never banned a player for having a hack that they didn't use.

Well this is what I needed to hear, I had a mod installed and when I asked in game if a message poped up on any admins screen saying "moving violation" or "cheat attempt" because when I was an admin in another server we used to get moving violation all the time and it was exteamly annoying. I did not even attempt to use this mod I have it set to F for fly (it's diasabled so I can't use it) and Y to activate other things (also disabled.) I use WASD to move so from time to time I'd hit F, I use T to talk so time to time I'd hit Y.

I was kicked after asking is it alright if I have a mod installed.
Called a crackwhore, unwhitelisted, and unanswered.

I uninstalled the whole thing and told what had happened on your Minecraft thread and got no answer. The only way I got anymore information was through a couple in game friends I talked to.

I tried to be considerate of the admins so I wouldn't bother them with on screen messages and instead got unwhitelisted. I know 2 admins that we're spoken to. Cybersore (something like that) and the owner Kainzo

I did not use any mods, I have broken no rules, I have listened to and respected all staff and I would like a reply.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Well this is what I needed to hear, I had a mod installed and when I asked in game if a message poped up on any admins screen saying "moving violation" or "cheat attempt" because when I was an admin in another server we used to get moving violation all the time and it was exteamly annoying. I did not even attempt to use this mod I have it set to F for fly (it's diasabled so I can't use it) and Y to activate other things (also disabled.) I use WASD to move so from time to time I'd hit F, I use T to talk so time to time I'd hit Y.

I was kicked after asking is it alright if I have a mod installed.
Called a crackwhore, unwhitelisted, and unanswered.

I uninstalled the whole thing and told what had happened on your Minecraft thread and got no answer. The only way I got anymore information was through a couple in game friends I talked to.

I tried to be considerate of the admins so I wouldn't bother them with on screen messages and instead got unwhitelisted. I know 2 admins that we're spoken to. Cybersore (something like that) and the owner Kainzo

I did not use any mods, I have broken no rules, I have listened to and respected all staff and I would like a reply.
I looked for your appeal in the Banned forum, and couldn't find it. In fact, if you've ever posted in these forums before, it wasn't under this name. So... here you go.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I would make a ban appeal here, so that a mod/admin can shed some light on this situation. Nobody answered your question on the MC forums because that's not the place for ban appeals, only applications.

@Doreagarde Damnit! Stole my thunder!

Gabe_180

Dirt
Alright I meant I posted it in MC forums, but that's not the proper place so I moved it to the banned section on these forums, thanks for the help.

Yamil

Wood
I have one question here. Well, not really a question, I just want some information on this "topic." Can someone explain the whole '"rare blocks" situations as I do not understand them. During explaining please detail the "robber's" side and the "block- placer's" side. Thank you.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I have one question here. Well, not really a question, I just want some information on this "topic." Can someone explain the whole '"rare blocks" situations as I do not understand them. During explaining please detail the "robber's" side and the "block- placer's" side. Thank you.
Take a look here and then see if you still have questions about the issue. Remember, this thread is for unwritten rules.

Gabe_180

Dirt
Just having 'hacks' installed is a warrant for a ban. Please read our rules.

I you assume you're referring to the rule that says:
Cheating - Modifying your game to gain an unfair advantage will result in a permanent ban. Please see [this thread] for staff-approved mods.
Originally I had the fly mod to properly administrate on my previous server, not to gain an unfair advantage and I was not caught using exploits of any kind, I planned to ask in game does it bother admins and should I uninstall them but was cut off at an incriminating point in my sentance. From where I am it seems that I'm being banned for having a mod that I cannot and did not try to use, and asking if I should uninstall it in the wrong place.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I you assume you're referring to the rule that says:
Cheating - Modifying your game to gain an unfair advantage will result in a permanent ban. Please see [this thread] for staff-approved mods.
Originally I had the fly mod to properly administrate on my previous server, not to gain an unfair advantage and I was not caught using exploits of any kind, I planned to ask in game does it bother admins and should I uninstall them but was cut off at an incriminating point in my sentance. From where I am it seems that I'm being banned for having a mod that I cannot and did not try to use, and asking if I should uninstall it in the wrong place.
You were banned. We get it. You posted a ban appeal. Discuss how unjustly you were treated in there, and not in this thread.

stickm8

Coal
Ok guys i've got to get this one sorted out
Block jumping. I heard from several mods/admins (mainly brutal and punisher) that it was illegal.
I'm sick of these people getting into our base by this method so can i have confirmation legal or not?
If it's illegal whats the measure of proof that you have to have before action will be taken.
Thanks