• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Handful of Suggestions

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Geez, it was just an example. It would still suck when the raiders have a huge number over the defenders.

That can happen now. What do you want to be done? Do you want to make it illegal to ''raid too much''? This is a hardcore server. :L

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
That can happen now. What do you want to be done? Do you want to make it illegal to ''raid too much''? This is a hardcore server. :L
I don't want it to be illegal! It just would suck if someone kept on spawning near your town/base/house/pumpkin...

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Because without it, raiding (or warfare, as you so call it) sucks. You just die and that is it. It hardly lasts long and is pointless. Long-term PvP is much more enjoyable. Both sides have a laugh at it, there isn't all this ''you suck at PvP'' business.

''Town Vs Town''s are really dull now. Hardly anything happens, you just have two parties fighting in /ch shout. Beds would encourage people to actually fight. People these days are too damn scared to jump out and attack because, (like I said before), they don't want to walk hundreds of blocks to get back to their stuff. Since graveyards were introduced in Dragongarde, people saw less PvP and more box towns/hiding. PvP has really gone down hill.
Fun for some perhaps if you enjoy that sort of thing. Not everyone does. Herocraft is trying to be a place that everyone can enjoy. I am so sick of the "this is a hardcore server deal with it" argument. PvP does not equal hardcore. It is one aspect of the server. it is NOT the focus. What you are basically saying here is "this is what I want to do for fun if you don't like the it you suck leave". What a shit attitude. For some people find g ways to avoid PvP or frustrate the pvp people is the fun. The whole point of towns is for people to have a place.to be safe. This thread is really starting to.remind me.of the "impenetrable towns suck" thread or the "bring back bed spawning thread" both topics were discussed and found wanting. Your other suggestions in the first post have merit and are worthy of discussion. This horse how ever is dead. Please respect the dead and stop desecrating the body.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Fun for some perhaps if you enjoy that sort of thing. Not everyone does. You seem to be the only one who doesn't like it so far. Herocraft is trying to be a place that everyone can enjoy. 16 people liked the main post. I think there is a majority in which should be put under more focus. I am so sick of the "this is a hardcore server deal with it" argument. This server is advertised as hardcore, what do you expect? PvP does not equal hardcore. Survival is hardcore on this server. It is one aspect of the server. it is NOT the focus. Yeah... sorry about this, but it kinda is the main focus. What you are basically saying here is "this is what I want to do for fun if you don't like the it you suck leave". I never said this....? You only seem to be writing this only for, what seems to be, revenge for what I said on the economy thread. What a shit attitude. For some people find g ways to avoid PvP or frustrate the pvp people is the fun. I have no clue what you're trying to say. The whole point of towns is for people to have a place.to be safe. They still can be? Hide in your house if you don't want to fight! xD There is no difference? This thread is really starting to.remind me.of the "impenetrable towns suck" I have not talked about ''impenetrable towns'' at all. thread or the "bring back bed spawning thread" both topics were discussed and found wanting. Wanting? What do you expect us to do, this is the suggestions part of the forum! :p Your other suggestions in the first post have merit and are worthy of discussion. This horse how ever is dead. Well it was a good horse, a VERY good horse. It is worth the revival, because, at the moment, the dead horse is bringing us down with it. Please respect the dead and stop desecrating the body.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Responding to this in full I will reserve until I am at a computer. Doing so on my droid will be too tedious. In the mean time look up fallacy or fallacies -fallacious. It is important that you do so as you will watch your arguments melt. You will also see that I WON the argument in the economy thread and therefore have no reason to be angry.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
The Facepalm wasnt from that. I changed to it because I realized how stupidly you just want beds back.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Responding to this in full I will reserve until I am at a computer. Doing so on my droid will be too tedious. In the mean time look up fallacy or fallacies -fallacious. It is important that you do so as you will watch your arguments melt. You will also see that I WON the argument in the economy thread and therefore have no reason to be angry.

Erm, i'm not too sure what to think of this. I'm not getting angry? xD I see no reason why you would have ''won'' that arguement. Infact, it is very cocky to say you've ''won'' any kind of agruement lol. Also, there seems to be no indication that my arguements will ''melt''. I take that as a threat more than anything, ha ha ha.

The Facepalm wasnt from that. I changed to it because I realized how stupidly you just want beds back.

Yes I do want them back, and i'm not the only one.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Erm, i'm not too sure what to think of this. I'm not getting angry? xD I see no reason why you would have ''won'' that arguement. Infact, it is very cocky to say you've ''won'' any kind of agruement lol. Also, there seems to be no indication that my arguements will ''melt''. I take that as a threat more than anything, ha ha ha.

Look up fallacy. Find a list of them. Read it. Every argument in your previous post is a fallacy. In an intellectual argument once you resort to fallacies it is an indication of a lack of evidence for one's argument.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Look up fallacy. Find a list of them. Read it. Every argument in your previous post is a fallacy. In an intellectual argument once you resort to fallacies it is an indication of a lack of evidence for once argument.

Oh, I can provide evidence for my arguements. If you want that, I can do so.

But let's presume that my arguement is total bullcrap. That doesn't make your arguement ''right''.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
The dead go to graveyards. Not broken, no need to fix. Not very interested in the rest. Good luck.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
No but it would make your argument bullcrap. Why would I discuss bullcrap? What are you even talking about?
This thread started out making some type of sense. It had some good points. What devolution. We have had rational discussions in the past you and I. Using topics worthy of discussion to try to rehash a topic that has been shot down repeatedly. Then attempting to badger people like Jasquan out of the thread, what happened to you?

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Fun for some perhaps if you enjoy that sort of thing. Not everyone does. Herocraft is trying to be a place that everyone can enjoy. I am so sick of the "this is a hardcore server deal with it" argument. PvP does not equal hardcore. It is one aspect of the server. it is NOT the focus.

I feel like beds would make every body like the server more, not less. There are 2 ways to view the argument I believe. There would be there raiders view, and the builders\defenders view.

I thing that both would benefit from this change from GY. I love doing both, and when a raider or bunch of mobs sneak up on me,I don't want to run several hundred or thousand meters just to retaliate or get my stuff back. Beds would make the server less hardcore( and more, like major said), and while I too believe it isn't about be hardcore, I thing that many people play Herocraft because of it. There is a curtain fun in the hardness of herocraft. And I thing that beds would add both a little more hardcore feel, along with a little room for error as well.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
No but it would make your argument bullcrap. Why would I discuss bullcrap? What are you even talking about?
This thread started out making some type of sense. It had some good points. What devolution. We have had rational discussions in the past you and I. Using topics worthy of discussion to try to rehash a topic that has been shot down repeatedly. Then attempting to badger people like Jasquan out of the thread, what happened to you?

I'm really not taking these kind of statements seriously. I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel that you're taking the piss. Like, you're dragging this conversation too far from bed spawning and such. I don't really want to bother with this kind of discussion. Yes, I know you'll go ahead and say ''See, backing away when you know you're wrong?'', i've seen these kind of replies before. I'm afraid, given the situation, i'll just have to ignore these kind of comments. I'll say you're trolling, you'll say you're not, it never gets anywhere, blah blah blah.

Back on topic...

The dead go to graveyards. Not broken, no need to fix. Not very interested in the rest. Good luck.

It doesn't need fixing, it needs changing, because the consequences of it are bringing a huge chunk of HC down with it.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Look up fallacy. Find a list of them. Read it. Every argument in your previous post is a fallacy. In an intellectual argument once you resort to fallacies it is an indication of a lack of evidence for one's argument.
Could you instead of bashing majorasmask's suggestion and arguments, come up with some constructive arguments or stop posting?

Beds pleas.
PVP was much better and occured far more often when you didn't have yo worry about using 5c and 15min to get back into the fight, not to mention if you die twice, (recall on cd).

Do you remember the times when people actually used strategy when they fought?
When people made caves with beds, chests and basic stuff in all around the raiding target..
When there was a point in raiding bases.
If you don't remember it, then you don't know what you are talking about..

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I do, and I remember having a lot of fun pvping on north road in zeal. Without the fear of running 300 blocks back

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm really not taking these kind of statements seriously. I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel that you're taking the piss. Like, you're dragging this conversation too far from bed spawning and such. I don't really want to bother with this kind of discussion. Yes, I know you'll go ahead and say ''See, backing away when you know you're wrong?'', i've seen these kind of replies before. I'm afraid, given the situation, i'll just have to ignore these kind of comments. I'll say you're trolling, you'll say you're not, it never gets anywhere, blah blah blah.

Back on topic...

It doesn't need fixing, it needs changing, because the consequences of it are bringing a huge chunk of HC down with it.
You are the one off topic, as what was once a discussion about "just a few suggestions" has become a thread about bringing back bed spawning. An idea that makes no more sense now than it did the last time you spoke of it. Since you continue to deflect, instead of addressing any of the arguments against it.I say have at. Please continue your senseless rant. I will however leave you with this. Having to go to GY when you die makes people afraid of death. If you claim to make the server more hardcore by lessening that fear, you are I fear misguided.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
But it takes away the fun of town defence and town raiding. I do not raid or do world PvP, I just like
to defend my town from endless waves of riders

I do not yet understand why you do not want beds back, I can find mostly nothing wrong with bringing back beds.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
My experience with bed spawning: as an engineer on zeal (for all u noobs that means no combat skills for me) I came on a raid to Coal Harbour. After a relatively successful raid, a few of the stragglers got caught in a house.

I accidentally slept in the bed, and died once. My teammates recalled as this happened. So then I was stuck in some town where they were all looking for revenge. And they got it, kept on getting it until a staff almost muted one for arguing that it wasn't camping, 20+ deaths down the road. Thank goodness you couldn't de-level from mastered back then.

HEY You know what I don't see on the map that would make walking back from graveyards a breeze!? Railways and canals! Minecarts and boats go super fast, but nooooooo those take effort to create and in the case of rails, maintain from griefers. Take the time that you spend on the forums, and go make a rail line.
I plan on connecting several waterways that should make walking back to Braavos easier.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I could agree with the Bed spawning idea for PVP, but for the RPG aspect, it wouldnt make any sense if you could just respawn in a random Bed. Also, why do you have to bring up the Bed spawning idea again, after all the "Bring back Bed spawn" threads were closed?