• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Handful of Suggestions

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The following are a couple of suggestions which (to me) could improve the current state of the server. Some suggestions are bigger than others, but I feel that they can all go a long way to make the gameplay and general community better:

Spawn:

The idea of spawn is really nice; three levels, one with the castle, and two with noble plots. This isn't a significant issue, but it would be nice if the lowest level of the spawn was decorated a bit more. You know, a couple of trees here and there, maybe some more NPCs (which ARN'T stuck somewhere in the ground! :p), to give it the same feel as the higher areas of the city. This is just to make it all look nice because, at the moment, it's a little deserted, so walking around is a little depressing.

I feel that this would give people more incentive to actually buy a noble plot. At the moment, the surroundings arn't very good looking, so i'd imagine people not wanting to build something there. It would be good if there were more noble plots too; to make the area more populated/crowded.

Kingdoms:

Currently, we're seeing the formation of a few kingdoms (LO, RoV, TCK, ect). Other than getting a huge (but most likely unused) region, towns have no real reason to go for a kingdom. I think kingdoms should get some benefits, such as:

- The chance to make one town in the region non-pvp.
- A graveyard somewhere in the region.
- Maybe a couple of MOB spawners/arenas.
- An open gate to the Nether, which never expires (unless the kingdom falls apart, ect).

Again, just a few suggestions. Some are rather extreme, but i'm just throwing around ideas here. It's just that, at the moment, why bother with kingdom? Or [City], [Capitol] even? Most towns don't need the space, and it just increases the amount of tax you have to pay.

Beds:

Yes, the ''do not speak of such thing'' suggestion returns again. The reasons to bring back beds are listed here; http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/bring-back-bed-spawning.26385/page-4.

One point made in the previous thread was that bed spawning would return if a solution to bed camping could be found. Kainzo said he'd work on something like that, but I have not heard anything. I personal don't feel that bed camping is much of an issue itself, BUT, presuming it is; why not something like ''/remove bed location'', which would reset your death spawn point back into Bastion, rather than somewhere in which you would be killed again and again.

This would help those who are constantly being murdered, or are stuck in a location with no redstone/players to port/help them out. Bed spawning would thus only occur if someone is AFK killed (unless someone WANTS to be killed, ha ha). This, really, can never be solved. But still, I thought the ''no.1'' rule of HC was to ''never go AFK''. However, I don't see many people AFKing since the ''You sense something evil approaching'' was introduced, so I don't believe it would happen too often.

Dynamic Map/Museum Maps:

These two have been long waited for by the playerbase. It's awesome that we can see the map again, ESPECIALLY all the previous maps! :p However, there is always room for improvement. While a constant-updating map is unlikely, it would be nice if we had an update on the current one. Also, now that the multiverse works, it would be awesome to see a return of the museum maps. I know some players want to check out their old buildings, for future use, and all.

So... that is it. As you can see, some suggestions arn't very much, just small things to make the server more fun. I think each suggestion should be considered, at least, and responses from some admins/mods would be nice, especially Danda, Angyles and Kainzo, who are the most active. I'd like to discuss the whole thing with everyone, really, just to see if we can reach some agreement as to what goes on (I know some of the suggestions i've made are rather controversial).

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
For the beds, instead of /remove bed location, we could have 2 commands, /respawnset bed and /respawnset graveyard. These would do just what you might think. Then, you could just type one of the commands and stop someone bed/graveyard camping you.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
For the beds, instead of /remove bed location, we could have 2 commands, /respawnset bed and /respawnset graveyard. These would do just what you might think. Then, you could just type one of the commands and stop someone bed/graveyard camping you.

Yes, that sounds cool. I'm sure there are some people that would want to use the graveyards.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Yes, that sounds cool. I'm sure there are some people that would want to use the graveyards.
I would want to use the graveyards until I get into a fight, lose my stuff, fight to get it back but die, and say 'Screw this, i'm going home'. Then I would just walk towards the person who killed me, die, and be at home.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Hmm, I can't think of any ways in which you could abuse what i've suggested. Could you explain more?
I think you could abuse it by having two minor inactive towns with just enough money to pay taxes and have one gigantic city packed with people that's no-PvP.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think you could abuse it by having two minor inactive towns with just enough money to pay taxes and have one gigantic city packed with people that's no-PvP.

Hmm, this would always be an issue with kingdoms. Citizen audits would have to go along with tax in order to ensure a town is active.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
That is a resin why we dorm allys with other towns, right?
If we don't give some advantage for them, and also that may need to pay more tax, if built graveyard and those.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think I would disagree about the bed spawning as I have in previous threads. No need for me to repeat my objections here. The rest of the suggestions I like.
As far as kingdoms go, the town upgrade cost is enough to prevent most from ever caring to go for kingdom. As long as it is as high as it is I don't think it will much matter what benefits you offer. I could have had my town members grinding toward upgrade instead of building the road. I could have ground toward it myself instead of building the things I have built. Doing both would not have been a possibility. I am satisfied with my choice, none of the benefits you offer would have swayed my decision.
I like how difficult it is to establish a town, however the requirements for upgrading make little sense to me. I intend to build more towns whether I can region them or not. I intend to build an entire network of roads connecting not just my towns but all towns that wish to be connected to it. Trade routes and trading posts are being planned and or installed. In short soon my town will posses everything that constitutes a Kingdom save the title. Seeing as it is necessary to chose the functions of a Kingdom or the title of it, it is unlikely I shall chose the latter whatever your enticement. Nor shall I feel wanting for it.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I think I would disagree about the bed spawning as I have in previous threads. No need for me to repeat my objections here. The rest of the suggestions I like.
As far as kingdoms go, the town upgrade cost is enough to prevent most from ever caring to go for kingdom. As long as it is as high as it is I don't think it will much matter what benefits you offer. I could have had my town members grinding toward upgrade instead of building the road. I could have ground toward it myself instead of building the things I have built. Doing both would not have been a possibility. I am satisfied with my choice, none of the benefits you offer would have swayed my decision.
I like how difficult it is to establish a town, however the requirements for upgrading make little sense to me. I intend to build more towns whether I can region them or not. I intend to build an entire network of roads connecting not just my towns but all towns that wish to be connected to it. Trade routes and trading posts are being planned and or installed. In short soon my town will posses everything that constitutes a Kingdom save the title. Seeing as it is necessary to chose the functions of a Kingdom or the title of it, it is unlikely I shall chose the latter whatever your enticement. Nor shall I feel wanting for it.
Could you connect it with the road between Newerth, Skyforge, and Camelot? It's 3000 blocks away, by the way.

c12095

Holy Shit!
MajorasMask

Currently, there is no real Kingdom available for players. Once you hit Capital regions (Huge), there is nothing left in the plugin for you to upgrade to. I have talked to Kainzo and he has said that the plugin does not support it, nor are there any cost listed for the upgrade to Kingdom. There was the possibility of doing a Blanket Region over all the towns, however there is nothing currently planned for Kingdoms to take place :(

MajorasMask

Ungodly
MajorasMask

Currently, there is no real Kingdom available for players. Once you hit Capital regions (Huge), there is nothing left in the plugin for you to upgrade to. I have talked to Kainzo and he has said that the plugin does not support it, nor are there any cost listed for the upgrade to Kingdom. There was the possibility of doing a Blanket Region over all the towns, however there is nothing currently planned for Kingdoms to take place :(

Drat. In that case, I guess we won't be seeing kingdoms, or even capitals (what's the point?). :(

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Could you connect it with the road between Newerth, Skyforge, and Camelot? It's 3000 blocks away, by the way.
I was planning on it. I thought you were going to get me the coords and a suitable route. If you can we can start within the next week otherwise I have to wait for the map to work again. Perhaps we should start a separate thread for the road network.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I was planning on it. I thought you were going to get me the coords and a suitable route. If you can we can start within the next week otherwise I have to wait for the map to work again. Perhaps we should start a separate thread for the road network.
I'll make a conversation with you and get you the coords. I'll try to build towards Alicubi once i get back home. I was actually on my way to visit.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Drat. In that case, I guess we won't be seeing kingdoms, or even capitals (what's the point?). :(

I've been talking with Kainzo about it, i'll keep harassing him if I have to, but I want to see some advancements to the town system.