• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 IS OUT!!!!

How is 1.8 so far?

• Total voters

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
okay so we need mods to disable (for now) endermen, silverfish, hunger, xp orbs, sprinting, critical strikes, anti-melee spam, etc. until we can adjust heroes to match the new combat system. and then people could at least connect or something?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Yeah I'm playing 1.8 this morning, this should be fun, this is 1.8, not pre-1.8, it is also known as 1.8 (2) and not 1.8 (1)

Mitchodak

Glowstone
Nothing :p
you start on an Island with no Trees and a smaller island about 100 blocks away with 1 tree
Giant ocean all around

Rule 1 Stay on those islands
:p
Try not to Starve to death

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff

Dear god, 5768386842727814971 is RIDICULOUS!!! it was like a movie where your plane crashes on these tiny islands and you have to survive. Unfortunately I did not get a pig or chicken or cow to spawn. the 2nd night in almost starved to death, (I drowned what little seeds I had growing by accident) I killed 3 zombies, ate their flesh, half a heart, half a hunger I finally ganked a spider, made a fishing pole, and ate raw fish, then the rest I cooked, and finally survived, now its easy, I have crops goin', im fishin', and I just started building an actual house. leveled part of one of the islands and set up base. Got a tree farm and torches going. It was insane though to start on.

Mitchodak

Glowstone
yeah Melons Growing in the back ground found a skellie spawner 2 Blue spider spawners a huge ravine and Full iron armor :p

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
How is everyone likin it so far?

The food bar is taking a lot of getting used to, but it really helps that food stacks now. I love sprinting, love the new lighting, and my only real complaint so far is lack of snow/ice biomes. Oh, that and how strongholds are nigh impossible to find, and I have yet to even encounter a cave spider.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
It's awesome.
Hiding in my wooden house scouting for that pesty enderman that tp'd into my house >.<7

@Aerokii

Notch tweeted that snow and ice biomes isn't coded into 1.8, it will be re-added in 1.9

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
It's awesome.
Hiding in my wooden house scouting for that pesty enderman that tp'd into my house >.<7

@Aerokii

Notch tweeted that snow and ice biomes isn't coded into 1.8, it will be re-added in 1.9

Lol yes that is why I am complaining because it is not here immediately.