• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Worries for healers

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
While I understand that healing is still being developed and due to change, i can't help but state my worries at its current path. I do this in order to hopefully help correct problems down the line that could have possibly been forgotten after realization. I also realize that I could be saying things that everyone already knows and that are already changing, yet in order to simply humor myself, I want to state my opinion. ...just in case.

Healing as it is now on the server:
-All healing spells have a rampup time (except lay on hands)
-Rampup timers are disrupted by either left or right mouse clicking
-Target of heal is defined after the spell has been cast (after the rampup time)
-Cooldowns begin after the spell has been cast (rampup + cooldown timer)

This worries me for several reasons:
-Healers are now unable to heal and defend themselves at the same time during combat. They also heal for such miniscule amounts that they could get stuck in a healing chain until they die, making it useless to heal other targets with direct heals. Group heals have cooldowns and cost more mana than they are worth firectly to the healer, making the healer need to heal themselves over the group and essentially just dying and serving the group no more than a mere distraction and heal-tank. This make healers useless in PvP once attacked as their heals cannot even remotely sustain the beating we will receive. Bandage is our fastest heal with a rampup and a cooldown of a second - it heals for 8 while the enemy has already hit us for more than that value during the rampup. There is also worth mentioning the high lack of defence skills such as root or escape skills required to run from combat to heal in such a fashion as I imagine is trying to be pushed - out of combat.
-Lack of healing combos and diversity. The cooldowns and rampup timers make healing feel, first of all hopeless, and second of all boring. While the offensive classes get to create cool combos with their skills to make things flow and feel like they are accomplishing something, healers are stuck with rampups that you cant do flashy quick combos with to save the day and that are hard to target allies with reguardless, making saving others even more impossible than saving ones self without the help of pre-registered keybindings from a mod (improved chat) that need to be remade for each individual group.
-Useless Skills. Chakra is one of the healing spells that may become useless if this style remains. As the spell currently stands: the heal is pathetic, the mana cost is horrible, and the cooldown is attrocious. The only saving grace of chakra is the purge of debuffs and the fact that it is group wide. If we keep a rampup on this ability, Chakra will only purge off maybe the last 2 tics of any debuff on the person for whom it was cast, while still costing a fortune to heal miniscule damage. The healers could try to guestimate before hand of incomming debuffs to dispell, but considering that almost all (if not all) offensive skills are instant, their enemies could simply wait until the heal finishes casting before instantly applying their debuff. They could also simply wait until after the first debuff is removed before immediately applying another, causing the healer to wait for the full duration of the cooldown as well as the rampup time of the next consecutive chakra.
-Class Death. Leveling with a healer will become so troublesome at this rate that almost nobody will want to do it. Healers are currently useless at pvping alone. With the rampup heals leaving them unable to defend themselves at the risk of the heals being disrupted, no player that enjoys to play alone would ever want to be one. The only people who would level a healer are people that are already in an established and organized group. But even then, who would want to level a healer class to 50 in the future, even with a group? This leaves new players, small groups, and hermits/lonestars at an even lesser portion of what this game could be by denying them the chance to love playing a healer on their own and be able to stand up to things by themselves.

I realize that most of what I have mentioned has probably already been taken into account, but just in case - here it is. Yes I know that my main spec right now is a healer class, but it is for that fact that I state my worries. I love my spec and I love my playstyle. One of the reasons almost nobody plays the druid class is because it is too much of a heal-only character on a hardcore server. To be honest, I quite enjoy the current healing system where forcing a healer to use mana for saving throws makes them run out of mana too fast and then you can kill them. The only complaints of healer classes that I have heard were of Cleric until I joined the server, and then there were several cries about monk. In fact, I have never seen a boodmage, and druids were mostly only made out of boredom. The secret behind why I chose monk was because one day kainzo told me they were underplayed but he thought they would be a fun class. I would implore that changes be made to Cleric instead of possibly destroying the entirety of the healer class, but nevertheless I have hope and faith in the development and staff team of Herocraft and can't await to see the new changes that they bring for us.

HollowSith

Diamond
-Healers are now unable to heal during combat and heal for such miniscule amounts that they are stuck in a healing chain until they die, making them useless to heal other targets with direct heals, and group heals have cooldowns. This make healers useless in PvP once attacked as our heals cannot even remotely sustain the beating we will receive, not to mention the high lack of defence roots and escapes required to run from combat to heal in such a fashion.

While this is a good point, Healers; are healers. They are not meant for direct 1v1 PVP conflict. They are a support genre. The larger the group the better. Your the healer, there backbone. It IS one of the more difficult classes to play. You must be smart about how you go about your enemies. Players first starting off on the server should most always not pick healer, not because it is a bad class. But it IS for the more experienced player. Most commonly for the player with a guild or a town of sorts. The reason for it's difficulty is the fact that you can heal yourself, friends and have to worry about attacking or defending others/ yourself. While rogue have to play stealth and attack cautiously due to they're typically low health, and warriors just attack blunt with force head on, ect ect. Healers and casters in my personal opinion are the hardest classes to play, especially if your using them for pure PVP. But don't give up! I DO think that your suggestion about roots/ escape is on the right track. I believe they should have a method to break any confusion, or root, or anything of that sort. Escape Artist, to be blunt. Though something similar would be accepted.

-Useless Skills. Chakra is one of the many healing spells that will become almost useless if this style remains. As the spell currently stands: the heal is pathetic, the mana cost is horrible, and the cooldown is attrocious. The only saving grace of chakra is the purge of debuffs and the fact that it is group wide. If we keep a rampup on this ability, Chakra will only purge off maybe the last 2 tics of any debuff on the person for whom it was cast. The healers could try to guestimate before hand of incomming debuffs to dispell, but considering that almost all (if not all) offensive skills are instant, they enemies could simply wait until the spell is done before applying their debuff.

Guessing is part of the game. We must guess how our counter parts will play in order to successfully win most fights, otherwise waiting for the other to strike first could perhaps be a fatal mistake. This comes natural to PVP; fear not, your not alone. The basic remedy for this is to play. Experience with your enemies and self awareness is your greatest ally in your PVP experience, granting you the ability to better predict how the fight will be played. Players often will wait for you to make a move and then make there's; More then often it will work, but that doesn't mean however that's the only way to play. Experiment and work out the kinks in your playing style, timing and move-pool. This is just my opinion and humble advice! :3 At the moment though, you seem to be doing rather "healthy" at PVP. Keep it up!

-Class Death. Leveling with a healer will become so troublesome at this rate that almost nobody will want to do it. Healers are so useless at pvp with the rampup heals leaving them unable to defend themselves at the risk of the heals being disrupted that no lonestar person would fathom it. The only people who would level a healer are people in already established and organized groups. These groups are already dangerous and set out on raiding people, but now with a healer, they have become more deadly and coordinated, which leaves new players, small groups, and hermits/lonestars at an even lesser portion of what this game could be by denying them the chance to love playing a healer on their own and be able to stand up to things by themselves.

You basically described the role of a healer as a negative. Healers are for support, they are for groups, no matter the size. Your team though bigger, isn't always better. Healers provide much help to the PVP world in terms of team coordination. Healers all alone, aren't typically supposed to be able to handle much abuse from a Samurai or Dragoon, ect. Or at least, they shouldn't be able to IMO. They should be protected and valued in group PVP, because without your healer your team could be in serious trouble. "Lonesters" as you call them (i like that word :p, though I call them Freelancers) are going to have difficulty by themselves. That's because your not fulfilling the role of your class; at least not ideally anyway. You are the crutch, you are the backbone. And no matter what you say, your definitely not useless. Healers are very useful and any team can tell you they're glad to have one when being attacked or going offensive. :D

I realize that most of what I have mentioned was probably already taken into account, but just in case - here it is. Yes I know that my main spec right now is a healer class, but that is why I state my worries. One of the reasons almost nobody plays the druid class is because it is too much of a heal-only character on a hardcore server. To be honest, I quite enjoy the current healing system where forcing a healer to use mana for saving throws makes them run out of mana too fast and then you can kill them. The only complainst of healer classes that I have heard were of Cleric until I joined the server, and then there were several cries about monk. I would implore that changes be made to Cleric instead of possibly destroying the healer class, but nevertheless I have hope and faith in the development and staff team of Herocraft and can't await to see the new changes that they bring for us.

Don't think for a second anyone with any sort of personality would scorn you for trying to defend your class and talking about your worries, hopes or suggestions for the class you play. YOU play that class, YOUR the one using it. So naturally you want it to be as useful and fun as you can make it. And I agree, until you made your presence known you Monks were generally ignored and never thought of, at least IMO. But that's a good thing, people need to pop up and play classes so that the admins can work out the kinks. Just because your a good PVPer however, doesn't mean they should nerf the class. I'm still not sure whether I personally agree with it or not. Clerics however are an abomination and should be abolished without question. I'm pretty sour towards there "infinite" health.

A suggestion I've been meaning to make is to have healers not run out of food while also healing passively twice as fast as the usual speed (that means without mana cost). Thus making it more tankly for fights. With the lack of offensive power, the player can focus much or helping the team, rather then playing fearful of fending for his/her own life if an enemy becomes astray from the existing battle. Anyway, just my idea :p It would help greatly IMO.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
It just... as i'm thinking up battles in my head...
bandage - 15 mana, 1 second cooldown, 1 second ramp up time, heals for 8 health, cant hit or even parry enemy
chakra - 30 mana, 6 second cooldown, 2.5 second ramp up time, heals for 10 health and removes debuff, still cant defend or hit enemy
justaboutanydpsclass (bob)- 10+ damage a second, no mana

so bob is whailing on a healer, so the healer runs away and starts casting heals (pray they arent a ninja with backstab). The healer cant defend themselves or will stop casting. They run and they're taking twice as much damage as they can heal. The server manages to give the healer a spot of luck and causes bob to lag for a second, making him stop hitting the healer as healer is out of range. Bob uses a skill to slow/root/confuse/anything to catch up to the healer. Healer disrupts his heal to cost more expensive spell to be able to get free - chakra. Chakra takes 2.5 seconds to cast. Bob is already caught right back up with the healer and hits off hit root before healer's chakra even dispells it. Continue beatting as healer cant outheal damage and either dies before he can even use all of his mana, or dies because he is wasting too much mana.

Not fun^

bob is now a caster. Caster starts casting spells on healer. Healer has offensive spells to defend himself at more mana cost and less damage. Giving the healer the benefit of the doubt, he has better aim. Healer scores 2x as many hits as the caster does. Healer still runs out of mana before caster while caster can bludgeon the healer with his fists/hoe. Not to mention the other scenario where the healer runs around/runs away and spams heals without being able to attack at all.

Not fun^

Now add 2 people whailing on 1 healer when the healer couldnt even handle 1 person before.

Not fun^

Now healer is in a group, but healer does not have improved chat. Healer tries to heal party members. Healer starts casting heals after clicking a party member. Ramp up finishes - healer finds out they missed the target and healed themselves. Healer is not happy. Healer waits for the additional cooldown time. Healer tries again - friend almost dead. Healer starts casting heal. Ramp up finishes - healer finds out they missed the target and healed the enemy. Healer is not happy. Healer waits for the additional cooldown time. Healer tries again - friend running for life. Healer starts casting heal. Ramp up finishes - target is healed for 15 hp. Target dies before addition cooldown is done again. For some reason the Healer was not attacked during this battle and was able to stay in range and in view of the target the whole time.

Not fun^

Realisticly with a group and improved chat. Healer joins group. Healer spends 8 minutes remapping keys for each spell on each target of the party. Group heads to the town to raid. Someone joins the group. Healer pauses for additional minute to remap new person. Group finally gets to the town. Healer attempts to heal the group - casting their heals and healing people individually for 8 damage every 2 seconds if they are in range with their fastest and most efficient skill to not waste their already low supply of mana. Manages to heal the group for a full 7 heals over 14 seconds for a total of 56 health while not needing to run away and stays in range without getting beat on. Healer is now out of mana and worthless. Commence 6 damage hits on enemies.

Not fun^

Real fight. Healer is in a group. Healer goes to raid a town with group. Enemy knows they are a healer. Enemy attacks healer and healer tries to run. Healer casts heals that heal for less than 1 person can do to them at a much faster rate. Healer tries to flee but cant. Healer dies and couldnt do anything more than be a temporary distraction.

Not fun^

I understand that on most games healer is a backup class meant for nothing more than to sit in the back and do nothing but heal, but this is not most other games and balance is about making every spec viable in combat and able to at least protect themselves from 1 person. This is not the case.

I had thought that this was why we had silences and debuffs and mana freezes was to stop the healer from casting instant heals or to cause the healer to waste their mana in order to kill them. It is difficult enough to hold my own against other players with instant heals. Although maybe it is not intended for healers to survive battles at all then. If this is the case, I have a feeling that I and almost every other healer class will no longer play said class.

HollowSith

Diamond
It seems IMO like your having a hard time with the advantages the Admins have purposely placed to counter your class in certain situations. Every class has certain situations and certain classes in general which can stomp them if fighting against a good player. It seems like your trying to get your class to be good in all situations no matter what skills are cast, nor class or level your fighting. This willnot and most likely cannot be done without making yourself OP. Now, your suggestions however on other threads on Healers are very cool and I agree with some of them very much, but; your class won't be allowed to effectively "rape" every/any other class as you are a Healer. Your a support class. Damage is not your strong suit, but survival I agree, IS. Your meant to endure and help others endure. Monks are the rogue equals of a stealth hero for your genre of class. They hit slightly harder but have slightly less healing abilities. Each of your Healer classes as are all classes of any genre are better or worse of certain situations. You are an offensive Healer, while Cleric is a stall Healer. You attack, while Cleric purely survives. Hence why there is such an uproar against Clerics at the moment. They just never drop. It's impractical to have them running around slowly taking away your health while you simply can't inflict meaningful damage in return.

The talk of new updates to your class will put you at a disadvantage and most likely will disable you from being a lone solider on the field in most situations. It will force you to have friends that can help you and vice versa, fight off the enemies at hand. I think they are pushing for support classes to truly play as support. The different type/ class you pick in the genre are just different means to how you want to play (your play style will best predict the class you will should choose).

Undoubtedly the playing style of each and every person is going to change next Map/Update. There is simply far to much being added for any comfortability to be transformed over from one update to the next this time around. So don't feel like your alone on this, none of us know how our class will be directly or indirectly nerfed.

I'm curious, if you could have the perfect Healer class for you, what would it be like? Assuming it's not OP. What stats and skills would it possess? And how exactly does it portray to YOUR fighting style? :)

P.S - Good examples last post, definitely got your point across. Games are for fun. If you feel like your class is always on the lower end no matter the situation, you definitely made the right decision of coming out and discussing it.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Summary of change as result of the rampup:

Before: Healers good at healing, moderate at PvP. Easy to kill once mana is drained. Overuse of Consume leads to too much mana, which leads to too much pvp strength, which leads to imbalance. Bloodmages are alright. Druids are good for healing focus instead of PvP. Monks are slightly OP and need a little tweaking. Clerics are OP. Healers as a whole are good at healing in every way, and their use of it in PvP is brutally effective, allowing them to tank, but without mana and heals, they do very little damage and die quickly.

After: Healers moderate at healing... slowly..., next to useless in PvP. Easy to kill while waiting for spell effect or if mana is drained. Clerics aren't OP, but they aren't what they feel like they should be. Haven't tried consumespamming yet. Monks aren't great for anything but bashing up the opponent, can't really heal too well. Bloodmages are hard to kill because of their huge HP pool, but they can't hit or heal too well. Druids I haven't tried yet, but most of their best parts came in their healing proficiency, which I expect them to be a little sapped of. Healers, as a whole, aren't bad at healing outside PvP, but it can't be used very much in PvP. Without mana, they are absolutely useless. With mana, they are next to useless, but can occasionally use a hit and run method to try to combat an unspec'd opponent. Healers do very little damage and die quickly.

In the end, healers are a support class so I don't expect them to be PvPing masterpieces, but at the moment giving them a rampup pretty much kills them overall. When healers were accidentally given a rampup months ago, it killed them then, too. But this time, it isn't going anywhere, at least not for now. Makes me sad. ._.

HollowSith

Diamond
What exactly are they taking off Healer in the update?

What could be done to keep healers in the action, but fulfil their roles?

My suggestion, for lets say monk or a new healer class, 5 damage default with fists. No food decrease, 2x health passive increase on themselves. 120 HP. Have escape artist to free themselves from or which ever skill holds them down. Give them a move like blackjack to occasionally stun the opponent. Give them a move that heals them self 15 HP for 15 mana with a cool down of 6-8 seconds and requires 1 rotten flesh to activate. Give them a party heal of 20 HP for 30 MP, cool down is 30 seconds. A move that heals OTHERS MP by 30 that takes away 30 of there own (can only be used on one person at a time). They should have NO MP re-gen skills for it would make it OP. This class I have suggested would work decently great in both offensive combat and healing. Like the monk should be.

Also, a great Class move to add in I think to ALLL healers would be something called Shine - The longer the player is around a healer they are passively healed twice or 1.5x as fast as usual when at full food or even disregarding food. Just a thought anyways :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
-Healers are now unable to heal and defend themselves at the same time during combat.
Intended Healers are not Tanks they should not be able to sit there and soak up damage.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Healers aren't meant to get wailed on, they're meant to support a group of people. They are supposed to lose 1v1s against other classes(except monk, crafters, and other healers xD). Henceforth, the only reason people should go healer next patch is if they role in a group, otherwise they're pretty much useless. :S

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
What exactly are they taking off Healer in the update?

What could be done to keep healers in the action, but fulfil their roles?

My suggestion, for lets say monk or a new healer class, 5 damage default with fists. No food decrease, 2x health passive increase on themselves. 120 HP. Have escape artist to free themselves from or which ever skill holds them down. Give them a move like blackjack to occasionally stun the opponent. Give them a move that heals them self 15 HP for 15 mana with a cool down of 6-8 seconds and requires 1 rotten flesh to activate. Give them a party heal of 20 HP for 30 MP, cool down is 30 seconds. A move that heals OTHERS MP by 30 that takes away 30 of there own (can only be used on one person at a time). They should have NO MP re-gen skills for it would make it OP. This class I have suggested would work decently great in both offensive combat and healing. Like the monk should be.

Also, a great Class move to add in I think to ALLL healers would be something called Shine - The longer the player is around a healer they are passively healed twice or 1.5x as fast as usual when at full food or even disregarding food. Just a thought anyways :p
If you give them 120 HP they start becomming tanks which is what we dont want, not to mention that more HP doesnt help them in any fashion, since they cant outheal a single person's dps rate. They will just run out of mana and be stuck there beat to death until they finally die with a huge mana pool.

Escape artist is nice, but it costs mana - mana which healers need to spend healing, not escaping. Breaking a heal's rampup to escape just kills you faster than soaking the damage ur already taking and trying to heal through.

giving healers a blackjack is pointless. They CANNOT HIT A TARGET while they are healing or they will cancel their heal.

Adding spells with more cooldowns than we already have with rampup timers only makes the problem worse and the class less fun.

Restoring others' MP is a fun idea, but I dont know any healer who would bother to even think about using it since you dont know who has low mana or not mid combat and you need every scrap of mana to heal.

I dont think you understand the system we have here... You cannot be offensive if you're a healer. Your heals are not efficient enough to use during combat to keep you alive for any period of time, and your damage is not enough to do much of anything. You cannot mix the two as attacking interrupts the other. You either heal for pathetic and slow, or you attack for pathetic and slow.

The only thing i saw wrong with the 1.8 system was cleric. It was obviously OP and because of such, now all healers must suffer. I need to go shopping, but ill try to come up with suggestions.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Healers aren't meant to get wailed on, they're meant to support a group of people. They are supposed to lose 1v1s against other classes(except monk, crafters, and other healers xD). Henceforth, the only reason people should go healer next patch is if they role in a group, otherwise they're pretty much useless. :S
This is your personal opinion. I believe that balance is in order and that any person should be able to handle him/herself equally against an opponent, reguardless of the class.

I also believe that with potions comming out soon that healers wont be played at all with this current system since potions can do so much more than what healers can with rampups.

Making healers worthless is not fun, is not fair, and simply because some players dont like that it takes a long time to kill a healer, it takes just as long to kill other classes as well.

Wanting to nerf other people just because they are competition does not mean balance - balance is making everyone equals. I hear time and time again that if healers don't like how the new system is, then they should make a dps class. Well same back. If you don't like how healers are, you should roll a healer and find out just how hard it already is.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It is the staff's job to ensure all classes are balanced. I am completely unbiased and impartial on all classes. Theidere are several things we are taking into consideration when balancing a class. I will continue to play test the Healers and other classes and make necessary changes :)

The sky isn't falling

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I know he does. I always know they do. Im just scared is all.. especially with some of people's opinions on what "balanced" means.

A truely balanced healer vs dps role would be that the healer is able to heal 100% of the damage that the dps class does while unable to attack - causing them both to be equal. I.E. a dps class is able to produce 50 damage a second and a healer class is able to produce 50 healing a second. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT, but it is perfect balance. It seems to be that people here think that balance means healers should be worthless and die in every circumstance however, because they are a minority. THAT is what scares me.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I know he does. I always know they do. Im just scared is all.. especially with some of people's opinions on what "balanced" means.

A truely balanced healer vs dps role would be that the healer is able to heal 100% of the damage that the dps class does while unable to attack - causing them both to be equal. I.E. a dps class is able to produce 50 damage a second and a healer class is able to produce 50 healing a second. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT, but it is perfect balance. It seems to be that people here think that balance means healers should be worthless and die in every circumstance however, because they are a minority. THAT is what scares me.

In any MMO game you see that the healer is able to heal past the DPS for a certain amount of time, however they always have restrictions. Either mana cost, cast time, or some form of CC on the healer preventing heals or lowering them. Healers are by nature a support, they are not made to support themselves, they support others. No game should allow healers to heal evenly to match up a DPS who is made to kill by focusing down a target. Healers are made to heal up allies, not take on the dps 1v1. If a healer comes in solo they should always lose the fight to a DPS 1v1, 100% of the time unless the DPS is outsmarted in some way allowing the healer to continue to heal up and eventually wear down the DPS. Knock them off a cliff, out run until your mana is up, but if your straight fighting you will lose.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
In any MMO game you see that the healer is able to heal past the DPS for a certain amount of time, however they always have restrictions. Either mana cost, cast time, or some form of CC on the healer preventing heals or lowering them. Healers are by nature a support, they are not made to support themselves, they support others. No game should allow healers to heal evenly to match up a DPS who is made to kill by focusing down a target. Healers are made to heal up allies, not take on the dps 1v1. If a healer comes in solo they should always lose the fight to a DPS 1v1, 100% of the time unless the DPS is outsmarted in some way allowing the healer to continue to heal up and eventually wear down the DPS. Knock them off a cliff, out run until your mana is up, but if your straight fighting you will lose.
which is why i said (in caps) that the circumstance of pure healer balance is NOT what we want. Pure balance IS however that a healer can heal 100% of the damage dealt by a dps class but do no damage in return, causing both entities to be at a stalemate for eternity. THAT is perfect balance, but that is not what we want. The assumption that a dps should always defeat a healer, however, is your personal opinion on the matter, and not what balance is. There is opposition in all things, which means that the opposite of a dps would be a healer that heals just as much dps as they make. One to try to take lives and one to save them. When both forces collide, they come to a stalemate as both cancel each other out.

Nobody wants to play a class that is guaranteed to lose, and those that only want a class to be guaranteed to lose 100% of the time are not focusing on balance, progression, or fun - they are focusing on their own power and egos.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
But if you let the healer cast healing spells while getting damage then they are not a support class anymore. + The armor most healers can use (cleric has diamond chest,...). I dont see chakra as a useless spell aswell. If in party it heals ALL party members for 10 hp for a costr of 1 use so if you have a large party this will save many lives. But it should be lowered to 25 or 20 mana per use since 30 is quite a lot. Also I reaaaaaaally didnt wanna read all this text xD so Im gonna say what I think even tho someone probably did. Healers shouldnt be able to take a lot of damage have in mind healers in Herocraft are like Whitemages in FF which means healing is great but he can't deal nor take a lot of damage. The + side on healer is that if he is in a party he can just stay behind and use spells that heal from a far (chakra, group heal and yes even bandage from 5 block radius) thus avoiding battle. Since I know you are a monk you are already safe from battle megan since you can forcepush your targets far away xD so I see no trouble for you to get away from enemies :p. I think this should suffice for now.

HollowSith

Diamond
which is why i said (in caps) that the circumstance of pure healer balance is NOT what we want. Pure balance IS however that a healer can heal 100% of the damage dealt by a dps class but do no damage in return, causing both entities to be at a stalemate for eternity. THAT is perfect balance, but that is not what we want. The assumption that a dps should always defeat a healer, however, is your personal opinion on the matter, and not what balance is. There is opposition in all things, which means that the opposite of a dps would be a healer that heals just as much dps as they make. One to try to take lives and one to save them. When both forces collide, they come to a stalemate as both cancel each other out.

Nobody wants to play a class that is guaranteed to lose, and those that only want a class to be guaranteed to lose 100% of the time are not focusing on balance, progression, or fun - they are focusing on their own power and egos.

I'm not taking sides in this, but in all honesty you've made some really good points about healers and the game it's self. It's for fun, and losing is never fun. However, in my own humble opinion. I believe you may have the wrong idea on healers. You wish to be able to compete with lets say, a Samurai one vs. one as an example and have a good chance of winning. I'm sorry but your roll as a healer is to provide a backbone for your team; your there to help, not win PVP all on your own. Healers are best (IMO) suited in groups. Every class/ genre has a role. Rogues are sneaky and need to play it stealth in order to be most effective, casters should keep there distance and be weary of up close combat, warriors are up close and personal and should be afraid of long distance classes. This forms a triangle. Healers are a side of that triangle, not a point. They are a support class, not a direct PVP 1v1 class; or at least that's my and seemingly many others opinion on the matter. Now, I do not believe you should lose 100% of the time, but I do believe it should be more difficult for you to prevail then a "Pure" direct conflict PVP class.

Please don't take what we say and most importantly what I say ;) offensively. Were not fighting you on this, just expressing our opinions as you express yours. You've made a lot of good points, suggestions and have given the admins many things to think about over your many posts about Healers. I encourage you to keep on it. YOU play YOUR class, it's your job to reflect on it to the community to further press it's development and increase the positive experience you and many others who play that class will gain from the server. :) Again, keep it up!

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Healers should not be able to heal the DPS of a melee class. That is not balanced because they have the ability to heal others as well. They are there to aid in healing of party members, but not make it one sided. They are vital for keeping party members alive to fight another day, but not for making people impossible to kill. They need to have some high heals, but for a costly price. They arent supposed to be tanks that can heal the dps that a melee class is doing. This makes them have to be protected by their party, because they are a vital part. They shouldnt be able to tank damage like they do, cause this is not balanced.

Healers are vital for a small turn in the middle of a balance, but also great for after a battle. They can heal everyone to full, and not let their party members be worn down by oncoming attacks. This is the role of a healer. Not to heal as much as being taken.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm not taking sides in this, but in all honesty you've made some really good points about healers and the game it's self. It's for fun, and losing is never fun. However, in my own humble opinion. I believe you may have the wrong idea on healers. You wish to be able to compete with lets say, a Samurai one vs. one as an example and have a good chance of winning. I'm sorry but your roll as a healer is to provide a backbone for your team; your there to help, not win PVP all on your own. Healers are best (IMO) suited in groups. Every class/ genre has a role. Rogues are sneaky and need to play it stealth in order to be most effective, casters should keep there distance and be weary of up close combat, warriors are up close and personal and should be afraid of long distance classes. This forms a triangle. Healers are a side of that triangle, not a point. They are a support class, not a direct PVP 1v1 class; or at least that's my and seemingly many others opinion on the matter. Now, I do not believe you should lose 100% of the time, but I do believe it should be more difficult for you to prevail then a "Pure" direct conflict PVP class.
Well this is what I basically tried to point out but I see other people see what I tried to say. Healers are balanced already (well still I dont apporve the armor thing) but they only need a tweak in mana cost and thats all.