• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

World Wide PvP event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Ahh world pvp, the days of never using more than iron/stone because every time you go mining, a ranger tracks you down, gathers his gank squad, and utterly destroys you to take your heard earned minerals.
All of bastion when I went Mining I was tracked 1 time out of days worth of mining, what you are saying is just a pure exaggeration. Btw it was one person that killed me, not a group.

PVE works. Leave it alone. It is PVP that is broken .Why is the solution for improving PVP always messing with PVE? If you wanna make PVP better then make suggestions that would change PVP. Like a road network that provided a speed boost or protection from attack by way of patrolling NPCs. If PVE became PVP I would not play during that time period. I like to build and do not wanna be looking over my shoulder because some asshole decides to camp my construction site. And your response would be," well getting better at fighting". So I do, and I kill em, and they respawn, and return. Over and over this happens. It's quite boring warding off some dip shit that won't truly die. When all you wanna do is build a god damn bridge. I actually became a ranger so I would have a wolf buddy to watch my back while building in PVP. That, as you know, never happened. That fact is nothing of consequence can be built on a active battle field. So in conclusion PVP's problem is not PVE. PVP's problem is PVP.
It's very obvious you haven't been on a PVP map of herocraft, the towns then actually looked much better than towns now, AD, LO, Oakenshire, And other places were all huge things built in PVP zones. PVE is a problem as it takes so much away from the gameplay and expierience of the server.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
All of bastion when I went Mining I was tracked 1 time out of days worth of mining, what you are saying is just a pure exaggeration. Btw it was one person that killed me, not a group.

I'm not sure where you were mining, but every time I amassed a decent amount of souls/ores while mining, I'd lose a heart or two, turn around, and see 2 to 3 people following me.

JacobBurkey

Portal
PVE works. Leave it alone. It is PVP that is broken .Why is the solution for improving PVP always messing with PVE? If you wanna make PVP better then make suggestions that would change PVP. Like a road network that provided a speed boost or protection from attack by way of patrolling NPCs. If PVE became PVP I would not play during that time period. I like to build and do not wanna be looking over my shoulder because some asshole decides to camp my construction site. And your response would be," well getting better at fighting". So I do, and I kill em, and they respawn, and return. Over and over this happens. It's quite boring warding off some dip shit that won't truly die. When all you wanna do is build a god damn bridge. I actually became a ranger so I would have a wolf buddy to watch my back while building in PVP. That, as you know, never happened. That fact is nothing of consequence can be built on a active battle field. So in conclusion PVP's problem is not PVE. PVP's problem is PVP.
You're just embarassing yourself rating every post f-palm and trying to prove you're so right. You joined in 2014, you have absolutely no experience of pvp on this server whatsoever. You're literally suggesting of turning the server into a creative server based on your post. You're saying pvp is broken on a server that is FOR PVP BASED ON A PVP PLUGIN. or atleast used to be, but Kainzo needs to keep people like you happy and not crying as you are now. If you want to build, go on singleplayer or a creative server and build. Even with PvE and no pvp you guys still don't even have towns that even look as close to as good as pvp towns back on maps like DG, Bastion, etc.

It's very obvious you haven't been on a PVP map of herocraft, the towns then actually looked much better than towns now, AD, LO, Oakenshire, And other places were all huge things built in PVP zones. PVE is a problem as it takes so much away from the gameplay and expierience of the server.
My boy Trazil right for once. O A K B O Y S.

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
Maybe adding dungeons you can Que for with a party of friends to level (sort of like with the Aether II Minecraft mod). That way there is no complaining about leveling and getting camped by other players. Have people gain exp for completing the dungeon itself as well as any exp gained inside. Add random drop loot chances for rare weapons based on the difficulty of the dungeon @Kainzo (This would be an ideal way to implement boss mobs smoothly) As for getting killed while building?....Go play on a creative server. Building will not take priority over PVP. I mean no disrespect to all builders out there but it seems silly to complain about that as many people have said that this entire server's existence is based off of a PVP plugin. That would make me question what drew you this server. :confused: "Ah yes a server based off of a in depth PVP mod, I can't wait to build my castle uninterrupted". What did you expect? @GoodGrief I understand where you are coming from but YOU have to understand the players you are talking to have been playing for much longer than you and have seen Herocraft in it's finer years and have a broader perspective. I don't blame you for taking the position you do however as you are a semi-new member to our Multiverse compared to most and you have only ever seen this server as it is now. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the server as it is. What's wrong is the audience being attracted.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
When I joined is irrelevant. Been playing Minecraft since the beginning. PVP wasn't even a thing for many years. Which is neither here nor there. Herocraft by any definition is not a pure PVP server. PVP is merely a feature, as is PVE, or economy. The reason PVP is having a hard time of it is players are using that feature. Proof is in the pudding, as they say. Eliminating one feature will not make the other better.
@MAGYAR12 What is wrong with the audience of the server. Nice job at insulting all the new players of this server. Fact is a servers without new players is a dead server. You insult Kainzo and the entire staff of Herocraft, by implying that the server has degraded over the years. I say nay to that, and would suggest perhaps the server has out grown many of you. And let me ask you, "how have you supported this server"? Seem to me that many of you are unhappy with it, and talk more trash then solution. So you tell me to go to a creative server. Well I say to you, "go move to a Hardcore server". I like it here. I've given my money and time, and have no intention of leaving.
PS I face slap when people make stupid or assumptive comments.

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
When I joined is irrelevant. Been playing Minecraft since the beginning. PVP wasn't even a thing for many years. Which is neither here nor there. Herocraft by any definition is not a pure PVP server. PVP is merely a feature, as is PVE, or economy. The reason PVP is having a hard time of it is players are using that feature. Proof is in the pudding, as they say. Eliminating one feature will not make the other better.
@MAGYAR12 What is wrong with the audience of the server. Nice job at insulting all the new players of this server. Fact is a servers without new players is a dead server. You insult Kainzo and the entire staff of Herocraft, by implying that the server has degraded over the years. I say nay to that, and would suggest perhaps the server has out grown many of you. And let me ask you, "how have you supported this server"? Seem to me that many of you are unhappy with it, and talk more trash then solution. So you tell me to go to a creative server. Well I say to you, "go move to a Hardcore server". I like it here. I've given my money and time, and have no intention of leaving.
The first thing I said above your post was a possible solution that may make both parties happy. Who are you to call me on insulting every new player? I'm merely suggesting that the wrong audience is being attracted to Herocraft with the addition to PVE. I never asked anybody to leave Herocraft for that reason. I choose Herocraft for it's unique plugin but it just seems like such a waste of an ingenious idea to be used on almost purely fighting mobs. I'm not trying to cause a fuss here @GoodGrief I am purely stating my opinion and where I stand with the PVP/PVE issues on this server. I apologize if I came off as a bit rude before but I am just trying to get a friendly point of view. This should be a discussion not an argument. However I do not appreciate you making "stupid or assumptive comments" about me stating "Nice job at insulting all the new players of this server. Fact is a servers without new players is a dead server. You insult Kainzo and the entire staff of Herocraft, by implying that the server has degraded over the years." That sir is an assumption if I ever saw one. I never said the server was degrading although you may have interpreted it that way. I merely said that it has changed drastically over the years. Yes I may be biased towards PVP only but I am open to opinions. Please don't fight me over the internet @GoodGrief it's childish. We should be having a discussion like I said not insulting one another.

Murdercorn

Stone

I'm a very new member here but maybe my two cents will mean something. This mod attracted my attention because it was difficult, because it had an extensive class system and above all else, I saw a TON of potential for using these skills in PVP, not because I wanted to watch a zombie get destroyed while I sit on a cliff in my cool house. Now yes building will be a thing no matter what is done to the game, after all this is still Minecraft. However I don't like the idea of there being a disconnect in the world, it separates the world and causes debates like this where the merits of PVP and PVE are argued as which should be kept or which is superior. The world should be one, with no transition between them. And while I do understand where you're coming from, I personally love the feeling of danger, it keeps me interested, makes the world unique And it gives me a reason to level up and enjoy the world, to enjoy the mod. Not to enjoy the same things that vanilla has to offer me (I.E. Building). And while I didn't play the OG Herocraft, I have a feeling that's what it used to be like, and what a lot of people miss. I'd love to see that return, because honestly, that seems to be the true experience of Herocraft.

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
When I joined is irrelevant.

It does matter when you joined. You are talking trash about an all pvp server without even playing on one. The whole idea of this event is that it will show new players and old players what it used to be like. Thats all it is just an event will last a day or a couple of hours at most. Log off if you want, but this event would appease all the "toxic" pvpers who are just as much a part of the community as the pve players. This event would give us a chane to relive our glory days and would give new players and pver's a new perspective on Herocraft. You can log if you want but don't knock it till you try it. The idea isn't to turn the whole server into pvp with the event but just give people a chance to have it again for a little while.

@GoodGrief of all people you shouldn't be critizing and insulting Magyar because he is actual giving productive ideas. Instead of just saying PvP is toxic give some constructive ides on the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.