• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizards need a change... Again.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
This is turning into more of an argument than a debate, I played wizard in DG back then we only had root and it was very easy to deal great amounts of damage in a very short period of time. Wizard now has ice bolt and to make up for that they have had a Nerf on bolt + blink, looking back through the patch notes I see that on patch 4.20 "Various cool down and cast time reductions." Wizard does not need any more buffs do you not think having one of the highest mobility, second best AOE (Plague bomb beats mega bolt), high burst damage and even the class that can get inside places the easiest of them all isn't good enough?. A ninja has 930hp, if you see him first then you can easily
root + icebolt + fireball + bolt + fire-blast
n/a + 147 + 161 + 200? + 150 = 558 damage before the ninja can even move.

Now a good wizard can easily blink away + kite the ninja long enough to be able to either root/ice bolt again and then blast them with all that damage again.

Yes there are holes in this fight but with some skill and concentration a wizard can beat a ninja.

If the wizard roots and then icebolts the ninja can only escape from one cc
Icebolt doesn't break upon damage

In my opinion icebolt needs a higher cool down:
Root has a 2 second slow, no damage, 15 second CD.
Icebolt has a 4 second slow, 147 damage, 5 second CD
If this happened then I think it would be a balanced class.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Wizards bolts have been nerfed to shit so there "damage output" isn't as great as your claiming it to be.
how is just a small damage reduct nerfed to shit? If you want to talk about the nerf hammer be glad wizard didnt get what happened to disc. disc was nerfed to shit reduced damage, reduced hp, increased CD and a nerf to self heals so before you say nerfed to shit sit and think what else they could do.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
E. My machine barely keeps me above 40fps, and "lagging" isnt an excuse to make a class op.

This, and only this, is the reason why I'm not a wizard. It has to be by far the funnest class in the game, but I would unfortunately suck butt at it since i'd never be able to get off a fireball or icebolt.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Haven't played since the nerfs, but prior to them I felt like being a wizard was the most ridiculously easy and overpowered experience I've had on herocraft.

If anything, having read what has been nerfed, I believe wizards could still use some more toning down, particularly in the damage department.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Wizards are one of *the* most balanced classes on Herocraft. At this point, it's a problem with other classes catching up.

macura

Diamond
This is turning into more of an argument than a debate, I played wizard in DG back then we only had root and it was very easy to deal great amounts of damage in a very short period of time. Wizard now has ice bolt and to make up for that they have had a Nerf on bolt + blink, looking back through the patch notes I see that on patch 4.20 "Various cool down and cast time reductions." Wizard does not need any more buffs do you not think having one of the highest mobility, second best AOE (Plague bomb beats mega bolt), high burst damage and even the class that can get inside places the easiest of them all isn't good enough?. A ninja has 930hp, if you see him first then you can easily
root + icebolt + fireball + bolt + fire-blast
n/a + 147 + 161 + 200? + 150 = 558 damage before the ninja can even move.

Now a good wizard can easily blink away + kite the ninja long enough to be able to either root/ice bolt again and then blast them with all that damage again.

Yes there are holes in this fight but with some skill and concentration a wizard can beat a ninja.

If the wizard roots and then icebolts the ninja can only escape from one cc
Icebolt doesn't break upon damage

In my opinion icebolt needs a higher cool down:
Root has a 2 second slow, no damage, 15 second CD.
Icebolt has a 4 second slow, 147 damage, 5 second CD
If this happened then I think it would be a balanced class.
I don't really agree with this. When i was leveling ninja (around level 25-30) i was able to kill a couple near-max level wizards. This was prety damn hard for me, because i was such a low level and didn't have escapeartist yet. It is definately possible to kill any caster spec pretty easily as a max ninja. It isn't like a wizard can just cc, nuke and run. This really isn't the case. With escapeartist you are helping the ninja if you cc them. If you play it right, ninja destroys wizards.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't really agree with this. When i was leveling ninja (around level 25-30) i was able to kill a couple near-max level wizards. This was prety damn hard for me, because i was such a low level and didn't have escapeartist yet. It is definately possible to kill any caster spec pretty easily as a max ninja. It isn't like a wizard can just cc, nuke and run. This really isn't the case. With escapeartist you are helping the ninja if you cc them. If you play it right, ninja destroys wizards.
Yes, I agree and understand that but I was trying to show that wizards have a chance at killing a spec that is supposed to counter them.

Also, Macura how do you feel about wizard?

Yes, I agree and understand that but I was trying to show that wizards have a chance at killing a spec that is supposed to counter them.

Also, Macura how do you feel about wizard?
Thats how it's supposed to work. You shouldn't be able to win just because you have a class advantage you also need to have some skill.

A

alexhoff1

First off, you guys have it all wrong.

Wizards standpoint is that root breaks on almost any contact / damage, our mobility is very little and has a reagent or very costly and hurts us, along with a gauranteed arival location for the opponent.

the term I like to use called "skill shotting" is not one where you can point and click. I've seen videos, and I have played thief before it was taken out. ALL I had to do was point and click for kills, it was insanely unfair to the target if they had a chance of missing.

The whole point is that we don't hit every single shot for 79(dragoon) to 120 something(ninja) every hit. We also have something called a "global cooldown" which kinda makes it impossible and adds roughly 3 seconds to any combo. As stated before this is if a wizard misses nothing.

Wizards have a chance to counter their opponent NOW judgedread. If you remember late DG wizard had next to no chance to kill ninja's, due to their insanely high mobility and anti-cc measures.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
uh... im ok with the nerfs. i get shit on in 1v1's in the skirmishes, all the wizard has to do is simply root, icebolt, fireball, fireblast, bolt, megabolt, shock. i usually die somewhere in there with the bolt part. if the wizard runs out of mana because of high skill usage, they have replenish and consume. you keep complaining about shock? shock does 35 damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, also does that damage to anyone around you. 15/3=5, 35x5=175 damage over 15 seconds. you complain that is shit? 175 damage is decent, even though it may not do your desired instant damage, its still another skill that does damage. i believe this nerf is good, i wont say that they need another one just because i still get killed by them all the time, but i will say they DO NOT need to go back to where they were.

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually, if you would bother to read his complaint, he was stating that Shock currently affects everyone except the target. That would certainly paint Shock as useless in the proposed 1v1 skirmish you suggested.

Shock still does not hit the target, rather all other targets

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
This, and only this, is the reason why I'm not a wizard. It has to be by far the funnest class in the game, but I would unfortunately suck butt at it since i'd never be able to get off a fireball or icebolt.
I don't have that good of a aim. so my main move is bolt. You should try wizard. :)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yea Wizards aren't as good as you think. A ninja can click super fast and do some good damage. Even if you could do a combo of skills it would take some time to end the cooldowns. While you are waiting for the cooldowns to be over, a Ninja can do tons of damage if he spams his mouse. Yes Wizards do have a some powerful skills but they have a cooldown/mana cost/Reagent cost. While ninjas can do ok damage(with a sword) without a cooldown. Its a different kind of class and you really can't compare them.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
While you are waiting for the cooldowns to be over, a Ninja can do tons of damage if he spams his mouse.

No. It doesn't matter how fast you click your mouse; mouse clicks do not transfer to actual minecraft hits. I'm sure the majority of people can click their mouse 5 times per second, but if Minecraft is only registering 2 of those clicks, what's the point?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
how is just a small damage reduct nerfed to shit? If you want to talk about the nerf hammer be glad wizard didnt get what happened to disc. disc was nerfed to shit reduced damage, reduced hp, increased CD and a nerf to self heals so before you say nerfed to shit sit and think what else they could do.
Are you joking right now? Bolt wasnt a small reduction it was like 50 damage. Discs got buffs on ironfist etc. and one forcepull plus a few basic attacks its gg. Chakra removes fire, root, slows.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Are you joking right now? Bolt wasnt a small reduction it was like 50 damage. Discs got buffs on ironfist etc. and one forcepull plus a few basic attacks its gg. Chakra removes fire, root, slows.
A few basic attacks I think you need to redo your math Max disc do with blaze rods is about 65 then if you wear even leather that approximately a 16% reduction in the damage bringing it down to about 48 per hit. Forcepull if it works does 78 damage and may bring you in range. Iron fist does 102 damage and chakra heals approximately 85 with reducts and has a decent CD with mana and stam cost. So you can easily ice bolt then root then fireball chakra can only dispel one effect every 8-9 seconds.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Its sad but true minecraft can only register so many hits at a time if anything spamming clicking may affect blackjack chances but that's slim chances