• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizards need a change... Again.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Yes I am a wizard. That doesn't mean I can recommend changes with damage etc. So don't start there because your point is probably invalid and your probably playing an op class yourself.

----------------------------
Ok then. At the beginning of this map wizards got nerfed. After tons of complains about bolt being to strong now lets recap at the beginning of the map a lot of the people weren't specced or they were low level specs. Of course a wizard who has bolt is going to be stronger he worked to master caster and earned bolt. Now bolt isn't our main issue here. The issue is root's range was lowered and now its easier for a class with 700 hp to get shit on even harder by a warrior. I understand some of goons cooldowns were increased. I understand harmtouch was nerfed. Our classes mobility isn't as great as it used to be and it seems like blinks cd was increased also. Which not only pisses me off but it pisses off our other well known wizards of the server like alexhoff1 and btw me and alexhoff are nowhere near allies and me and him can both agree we dislike each other.

So my suggestion is to please lower the blink cooldown at least because honestly wizards are getting ruined due to these flamers at there keyboards dying in one fight and it isn't fair looking at some other classes.

A

alexhoff1

We sure could agree on that.

However I agree wizard needs a change for the better
I recently went through all the combatant skills wizard has, and I believe that the damages were lowered in some way shape or form. My combo's started doing less well testing on a willing target with the same exact setup.

on another note, root decreased to 8 blocks is not a particularly good change. Infact it almost renders it a useless skill
sure, you could argue "ROOT OP! IT FROZE ME!" fact of the matter is, 8 blocks. That's aiming right at the target, not around walls or through walls. ok. Root used to break on /tells, this was recently fixed, and thank god for that. However, root breaks on any DoT's the target or wizard has on them, it breaks on any combat skills used, and it breaks on any damage dealt between two people.
Say its less than 8 blocks, and your best reaching skill is 8. (I think thats the lowest range classes highest skill, dreadknight with decay?)
You break root instantly wasting a wizards mana and cooldowns. GG wizard, with the blink range reduced to "10" but really seems to do 7 on a day without lag.

I'm just going to point out that blink breaks your run.

I have no idea where I'm going, probably that root needs to be out of a combatants reach at minimum or fixed atleast?
Also, all of wizards non-skill shot damaging skills require roughly a 1.5 second warmup, with megabolt being the exception at 2 seconds.
10 / blocks second on flat terrain = caught up to target. This also breaks the warmup and slows the caster for the remaining time. Blinking away barely seems to work.

... All in all wizard has too many potential flaws in combat, and is just generally degrading to a class that can't beat others where it should win.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I suggest both of you pick any other class at random and then realize how good you guys have it being a wizard. High damage output, high ranged damage output, and the ability to get out of harm's way with either root or blink. Most classes can only say they have 1 of those things, Wizards have all 3.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. Wizard has mobility and decent burst damage. I've played both disc and ninja this map and by far between the two I get killed by wizards 8/10 so I think wizards are balanced ATM.

xFuZe

TNT
Any decent ninja or disciple can easily kill a wizard. The fact that wizard's need to get so close to root makes it really easy for a ninja to escape artist onto the wizard and pound him away and at 8 blocks range, a disciple can forcepull the wizard and actually fight him melee range. The range on root was lowered by half which is quite a bit for a class that is meant to be played at range.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
My only suggestion would be that the balance team make less drastic nerfs as a test. it seems like they try to swing for the fences, when all they need is a sac fly. think of a number, then cut that in half, and that should be the nerf. Because the one thing I think we can all agree on is that whenever a class gets nerfed, everyone who plays that class is pissed because they see a draaaaaastic difference which is very hard for them to adjust to, and possibly not even balanced.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
with some gunpowder, redstone and some keybinds wizards can completely dominate most classes. Wizards where brokenly op they needed a nerf and they got one.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes I am a wizard. That doesn't mean I can recommend changes with damage etc. So don't start there because your point is probably invalid and your probably playing an op class yourself.

----------------------------
Ok then. At the beginning of this map wizards got nerfed. After tons of complains about bolt being to strong now lets recap at the beginning of the map a lot of the people weren't specced or they were low level specs. Of course a wizard who has bolt is going to be stronger he worked to master caster and earned bolt. Now bolt isn't our main issue here. The issue is root's range was lowered and now its easier for a class with 700 hp to get shit on even harder by a warrior. I understand some of goons cooldowns were increased. I understand harmtouch was nerfed. Our classes mobility isn't as great as it used to be and it seems like blinks cd was increased also. Which not only pisses me off but it pisses off our other well known wizards of the server like alexhoff1 and btw me and alexhoff are nowhere near allies and me and him can both agree we dislike each other.

So my suggestion is to please lower the blink cooldown at least because honestly wizards are getting ruined due to these flamers at there keyboards dying in one fight and it isn't fair looking at some other classes.
Playing a op class does not count in hc at sometime they will be nerfed, wizard are a prime example because they where op now they are nerfed.
At the start of the map bolt was a level 20 skill for wizards so they could go around killing unspecced people or just specced people with ease.
So do you want a 10 block root, a slow, 3 bolts and a manoeuvre ability... On paper this is stupidly op because you have replenish to gain back mana and consume.

Overall you are complaining about a nerf that was needed, root is an extremely good skill as it is. If root is a 10 block skill than it is dumb because the opponent will never be able to hit you, therefore making you a player that is untouchable.

I have watched most of the server go over to caster classes and I was nearly tempted to, they have good output of damage, good slows, good cc's and great getaway skills. I can honestly say in a team fights a wizard will dominate the fight and get most of the kills.

You say wizards are ruined now, they are most definitely not. It just means you will have to work harder for your kill than some GP, redstone and a couple of keybinds.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Playing a op class does not count in hc at sometime they will be nerfed, wizard are a prime example because they where op now they are nerfed.
At the start of the map bolt was a level 20 skill for wizards so they could go around killing unspecced people or just specced people with ease.
So do you want a 10 block root, a slow, 3 bolts and a manoeuvre ability... On paper this is stupidly op because you have replenish to gain back mana and consume.

Overall you are complaining about a nerf that was needed, root is an extremely good skill as it is. If root is a 10 block skill than it is dumb because the opponent will never be able to hit you, therefore making you a player that is untouchable.

I have watched most of the server go over to caster classes and I was nearly tempted to, they have good output of damage, good slows, good cc's and great getaway skills. I can honestly say in a team fights a wizard will dominate the fight and get most of the kills.

You say wizards are ruined now, they are most definitely not. It just means you will have to work harder for your kill than some GP, redstone and a couple of keybinds.
winner winner chicken dinner

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Any decent ninja or disciple can easily kill a wizard. The fact that wizard's need to get so close to root makes it really easy for a ninja to escape artist onto the wizard and pound him away and at 8 blocks range, a disciple can forcepull the wizard and actually fight him melee range. The range on root was lowered by half which is quite a bit for a class that is meant to be played at range.
There are 2 problems in the Ninja part.
1. EscapeArtist takes half of your stamina, which makes it kinda hard to fight the Wiz, as you cant use skills for a time.
2. Wizard can just Icebolt, if you cant dodge good enough.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Wizards might be undergoing a few changes soon, it depends in Kainzo approves of them or not. Wizards are not in a bad spot right now, they have high damage and still much better mobility than most classes. Just because your class took a hit doesn't mean its useless like this thread is making it out to seem.

Just last patch some mobility from blink was sacrificed for extra damage on Bolt and Shock along with warm-up reductions. It's a give and take game, quit freaking out because you might have to learn how to play with more skill.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
There are 2 problems in the Ninja part.
1. EscapeArtist takes half of your stamina, which makes it kinda hard to fight the Wiz, as you cant use skills for a time.
2. Wizard can just Icebolt, if you cant dodge good enough.
Yes, that is true. But while it does take up half your stamina, you can still sprint. And even if the wizard cast's an icebolt, you can still walk around at close to sprinting speed. Plus, with a 107 damage sword, on a squishy wizard with less then 800hp? I agree with the points you've made here, but also disagree.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

You obviously dont know wizards skills. Since when do wizards have 3 bolts? Secondly root breaks on damage. So he can obviously hit me its not a stun it affects your movement. Wizards bolts have been nerfed to shit so there "damage output" isn't as great as your claiming it to be. Enderpearls arent like dirt you cant get them easily and since wizards cant hit them with fireball you have to use gp to kill an enderman to get a kill on it. Before you say I have to work harder is that fair? DK's dont work hard at all and they are easily the most OP class in the game atm.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Wizards might be undergoing a few changes soon, it depends in Kainzo approves of them or not. Wizards are not in a bad spot right now, they have high damage and still much better mobility than most classes. Just because your class took a hit doesn't mean its useless like this thread is making it out to seem.

Just last patch some mobility from blink was sacrificed for extra damage on Bolt and Shock along with warm-up reductions. It's a give and take game, quit freaking out because you might have to learn how to play with more skill.
I appreciate you replying to the thread. That was my goal for the thread. Shock still does crap damage and the warmup reductions we were never even told how long they were reduced I dont even see a different to be honest. Your class DK should be the ones taking hits right now wizards were fine how they were they were easy to kill if you can hit them you had a good chance at killing them. Also we were told we would have permissions to see the balance threads but not be able to reply to them but we never got that. I am sure if we had them there would be less threads like this.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Shock, Bolt, Megabolt there are the three bolt like abilities and if you can't hit fireball and a icebolt the class should be punished by taking a few hits, if you need a slow use icebolt instead of root if you don't like the distance.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Shock, Bolt, Megabolt there are the three bolt like abilities and if you can't hit fireball and a icebolt the class should be punished by taking a few hits, if you need a slow use icebolt instead of root if you don't like the distance.
Shock is probably one of the most useless skills in the game it does crap damage and it has a warmup. You would be wasting time with damage trying to cast shock.
For icebolt have you seen its range? You have to be ass raping them to hit it so play wizard before you say its brokenly op.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Shock is probably one of the most useless skills in the game it does crap damage and it has a warmup. You would be wasting time with damage trying to cast shock.
For icebolt have you seen its range? You have to be ass raping them to hit it so play wizard before you say its brokenly op.
If you can't win 1v1's as a wizard something has gone shockingly wrong for you. ._.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
If you can't win 1v1's as a wizard something has gone shockingly wrong for you. ._.
From that statement you haven't played pvp enough this map to even assume that.
alexhoff1
macura
I believe would agree with me there. Any class can burn a wizard down in seconds and our nerfed mobility made it much easier for them.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
From that statement you haven't played pvp enough this map to even assume that.
alexhoff1
macura
I believe would agree with me there. Any class can burn a wizard down in seconds and our nerfed mobility made it much easier for them.
I pvp enough... to know that strafing as a wizard does a lot more than standing in the same spot while someone is hitting you.