• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizards need a change... Again.

maxmaxm

Wood
This particular nerf on wizards was much needed. A wizard with even a sliver of skill can pull off insane combinations that decimate most classes multiple times in a single fight. Even with an 8 block range on root, the caster can perform the skills icebolt, fireball, and bolt in quick succession without risking too much due to icebolt's affect on the enemy. After this chain of attacks they can blink away and rinse and repeat. Also, if a wizard is in trouble, they can blink to a higher, mostly unaccessible location for safety from most classes.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I pvp enough... to know that strafing as a wizard does a lot more than standing in the same spot while someone is hitting you.
Who said I stand in the same spot while I am getting hit. Your acting like it's the easiest thing in the world and your not even a wizard this map so you cant predict how fights will go this easily for you. Disciples have forcepull. Goons have spear and jump. Samurais have One. Your acting like regular movement is going to save your life.

Yes I am a wizard. That doesn't mean I can recommend changes with damage etc. So don't start there because your point is probably invalid and your probably playing an op class yourself.

----------------------------
Ok then. At the beginning of this map wizards got nerfed. After tons of complains about bolt being to strong now lets recap at the beginning of the map a lot of the people weren't specced or they were low level specs. Of course a wizard who has bolt is going to be stronger he worked to master caster and earned bolt. Now bolt isn't our main issue here. The issue is root's range was lowered and now its easier for a class with 700 hp to get shit on even harder by a warrior. I understand some of goons cooldowns were increased. I understand harmtouch was nerfed. Our classes mobility isn't as great as it used to be and it seems like blinks cd was increased also. Which not only pisses me off but it pisses off our other well known wizards of the server like alexhoff1 and btw me and alexhoff are nowhere near allies and me and him can both agree we dislike each other.

So my suggestion is to please lower the blink cooldown at least because honestly wizards are getting ruined due to these flamers at there keyboards dying in one fight and it isn't fair looking at some other classes.

You're completely wrong.

I am also a maxed level Wizard, and I haved pvp'd a lot as one.
If you need bolt do to 280 damage, than you're a terrible wizard. I can kill any maxed level warrior spec without bolt entirely, easily.

You can BLINK out of Impale or Empathy, you have MASSIVE cc with root and icebolt, HUGE damage output with fireblast, icebolt, and fireball, and some of the best AOE spells of all classes.
If blink had a shorter cooldown, the only class that could lock us down are ones with silences.

As it stands now, not even NINJAS can get easy kills on us, when they're supposed to.
Roots range is fine, when you can hit someone with Icebolt from much farther.

Yes, we have about 747 HP at level 60, which I believe is the lowest of all classes, but look at our damage output, and massive utility with port/GTP.
If anything, we need a nerf to Icebolts damage, not a buff of any kind.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
You're completely wrong.

I am also a maxed level Wizard, and I haved pvp'd a lot as one.
If you need bolt do to 280 damage, than you're a terrible wizard. I can kill any maxed level warrior spec without bolt entirely, easily.

You can BLINK out of Impale or Empathy, you have MASSIVE cc with root and icebolt, HUGE damage output with fireblast, icebolt, and fireball, and some of the best AOE spells of all classes.
If blink had a shorter cooldown, the only class that could lock us down are ones with silences.

As it stands now, not even NINJAS can get easy kills on us, when they're supposed to.
Roots range is fine, when you can hit someone with Icebolt from much farther.

Yes, we have about 747 HP at level 60, which I believe is the lowest of all classes, but look at our damage output, and massive utility with port/GTP.
If anything, we need a nerf to Icebolts damage, not a buff of any kind.
Blink did have a shorter cooldown and they were fine as they were. Bolt doesnt need 280 damage but it being nerfed by 100 is alot. Root isnt very useful when a samurai can get out with speed or a goon can get out with jump. Icebolt's slow as said by alexhoff and mrchucklez is useless. Your a skilled pvp'er but think about the people who are new to the class. I know a wizard who is 5 and 56 and mastered. It shouldn't be a faceroll class but it doesn't deserve stupid nerfs like root.

Blink did have a shorter cooldown and they were fine as they were. Bolt doesnt need 280 damage but it being nerfed by 100 is alot. Root isnt very useful when a samurai can get out with speed or a goon can get out with jump. Icebolt's slow as said by alexhoff and mrchucklez is useless. Your a skilled pvp'er but think about the people who are new to the class. I know a wizard who is 5 and 56 and mastered. It shouldn't be a faceroll class but it doesn't deserve stupid nerfs like root.

Blink DID have a shorter cooldown, but like I said, it lets you get out TOO easily.
Bolt does 220 currently, not 180. Get your facts straight, stop trying to get your class buffed because you don't want to die, ever.

"Root isnt very useful" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yes, being able to stop someone from moving long enough to get a 210 damage fireball, or a 150 dmg 4 second slow, or both, on somebody without a chance to miss, isn't very useful.

Icebolts slow, is what lets us destroy warrior specs. I'm not going to sit here and teach you how to play your class, but the slow is enough to get a bolt off, or another easy fireball (which both do over 200 damage and pierce armor)

And then you have fireblast, which you dont need to aim or slow someone to use..

A

alexhoff1

Sorry treeps, you're not helping this discussion at all.

Regardless, you say that root is still powerful, where it does NO damage, and has a 4 second slow that breaks on ANY DAMAGE DEALT TO ANYONE AFFILIATED. Same goes for icebolt, if I'm not mistaken.
Beguilers - beguile, piggify, mass piggify, do any of these break? no?
Really I would be completely happy if root didn't break on someone taking fall damage, or any sort of DoT. Any class with a DoT can beat a wizard without problems, due to that breaking all cc's sent by the wizard.

You clearly haven't faced any real 1v1s yet well they can fully attack with keybinds, all I need to say.

Shock still does not hit the target, rather all other targets. Bolt was changed so slightly its not even noticeable in a fight, and basicly just slows the caster down since you changed other skills to "compensate" for this.

Regardless, the problem with wizard is if we miss 1 skill shot, or if they can catch up to us, what does CC or replenish do? You basicly need to hit every shot in order to win against someone playing dreadknight or ninjas at this point.

Dreary is just being a troll, he's a new wizard and still thinks blink works in combat. Fun fact - blinking away well CC'd still keeps that CC on you, and quite often does not work as an effective getaway.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
What if you do hit all of your skills? than that does a super amount of damage. It is just like a ranger has to get all or most of his shots or he will lose, wizard needed a nerf.

A

alexhoff1

calculate the odds of hitting a mobile target on this server with 2 skills that have different flight speeds and only do 300 total damage.
Even if you hit, you need to get into range to do any other skills now that root was changed.

I don't think you realise that fireballs and icebolts are not in any way the same attack, and that the max range for icebolt takes about 3 seconds to land. 10 blocks / second = 30 blocks off target.

EDIT sorry for all you critics, its 309 total damage. + potential fire ticks

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It's nice to see a Wizard being honest about his class (DrearyDragon0). Werwew, for real, as I've stated earlier you should become another class to see how good you have it. It's up for debate on whether or not Wizards are the most OP class in the game, but if it isn't, it is DEFINETELY number 2.

You're making it seem like Wizards should have insane range so they can be virtually unstoppable. I'm really sorry that forcepull, impale, spear, and escape-artist (if you're lucky) can negate your root. I'm also really sorry that if you blink away a dragoon will always be right on your tail. Furthermore, I am sorry that bolt no longer does the same damage as harmtouch. I guess you didn't read the memo... This is Herocraft, not Wizardcraft.

Sorry treeps, you're not helping this discussion at all.

Regardless, you say that root is still powerful, where it does NO damage, and has a 4 second slow that breaks on ANY DAMAGE DEALT TO ANYONE AFFILIATED. Same goes for icebolt, if I'm not mistaken.
Beguilers - beguile, piggify, mass piggify, do any of these break? no?
Really I would be completely happy if root didn't break on someone taking fall damage, or any sort of DoT. Any class with a DoT can beat a wizard without problems, due to that breaking all cc's sent by the wizard.

You clearly haven't faced any real 1v1s yet well they can fully attack with keybinds, all I need to say.

Shock still does not hit the target, rather all other targets. Bolt was changed so slightly its not even noticeable in a fight, and basicly just slows the caster down since you changed other skills to "compensate" for this.

Regardless, the problem with wizard is if we miss 1 skill shot, or if they can catch up to us, what does CC or replenish do? You basicly need to hit every shot in order to win against someone playing dreadknight or ninjas at this point.

Dreary is just being a troll, he's a new wizard and still thinks blink works in combat. Fun fact - blinking away well CC'd still keeps that CC on you, and quite often does not work as an effective getaway.

Root isn't supposed to act as a constrict, or another powerful slow like that, it's supposed to hold them still long enough to hit them with fireball/icebolt. If you can't do that, you're shit. Seriously. Root isn't that effective in team fights, I'll give you that, but I think having the best aoes on the server makes up for it.

I've killed multiple DKS in 1v1s, a dragoon, samurais. (No pallys yet, they might be a pain in the ass)

"Thinks blink works in combat"

Blink, even while slowed, teleports 10 blocks away giving you PLENTY of time to hit them with icebolt/fireball/fireblast/root.

And STDs, with a small nerf on icebolt damage, wizards will be completely balanced imo.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
It's nice to see a Wizard being honest about his class (DrearyDragon0). Werwew, for real, as I've stated earlier you should become another class to see how good you have it. It's up for debate on whether or not Wizards are the most OP class in the game, but if it isn't, it is DEFINETELY number 2.

You're making it seem like Wizards should have insane range so they can be virtually unstoppable. I'm really sorry that forcepull, impale, spear, and escape-artist (if you're lucky) can negate your root. I'm also really sorry that if you blink away a dragoon will always be right on your tail. Furthermore, I am sorry that bolt no longer does the same damage as harmtouch. I guess you didn't read the memo... This is Herocraft, not Wizardcraft.
Honest about a class? Your acting like im lying not arguing. If I recall correctly I never said this was "Wizardcraft". Root was fine as it is since blink was nerfed. Most healer classes shit on wizards so where ever you pulled wizard being the number 2 op class I have no idea. STD if I recall you were disciple. You shit on wizards no? Because every other disciple does. My main purpose for this thread was root and blink. Bolt is another issue. Wizards having lowest health in the game then getting there mobility decreased isn't helping. Root didn't need the nerf.

A

alexhoff1

Root isn't supposed to act as a constrict, or another powerful slow like that, it's supposed to hold them still long enough to hit them with fireball/icebolt. If you can't do that, you're shit. Seriously. Root isn't that effective in team fights, I'll give you that, but I think having the best aoes on the server makes up for it.

I've killed multiple DKS in 1v1s, a dragoon, samurais. (No pallys yet, they might be a pain in the ass)

"Thinks blink works in combat"

Blink, even while slowed, teleports 10 blocks away giving you PLENTY of time to hit them with icebolt/fireball/fireblast/root.

And STDs, with a small nerf on icebolt damage, wizards will be completely balanced imo.

A. blink doesn't buy you any time if you have one cc on you,
B. Icebolt damage is little to nothing against most classes, (healers
C. You went wizard once you're group lost a wizard, and after this you will swap off wizard once it gets nerfed harder.. Am I right?
D. You failed to mention levels. I just fought a samurai(49) in root range, he put a bleed dot and hit me twice. I'm down to 5 hearts thank you very much.
E. sorry, most normal players don't have 500fps or reaction time to do a full 180degrees and hit the target.

a few flaws you should work out.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
its true. stds never beat a wizard as disciple because he was too busy complaining about disciple nerfs than to actually figure out optimal strategy against each opponent and adjust. Not much has changed since pokerstars eh stds?

xoxoxoxox

-Miners

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
its true. stds never beat a wizard as disciple because he was too busy complaining about disciple nerfs than to actually figure out optimal strategy against each opponent and adjust. Not much has changed since pokerstars eh stds?

xoxoxoxox

-Miners

At first your constant off-topic shots at me were cute, now they're just getting annoying. Can someone mute this clown, please?
xoxoxoxo

A. blink doesn't buy you any time if you have one cc on you,
B. Icebolt damage is little to nothing against most classes, (healers
C. You went wizard once you're group lost a wizard, and after this you will swap off wizard once it gets nerfed harder.. Am I right?
D. You failed to mention levels. I just fought a samurai(49) in root range, he put a bleed dot and hit me twice. I'm down to 5 hearts thank you very much.
E. sorry, most normal players don't have 500fps or reaction time to do a full 180degrees and hit the target.

a few flaws you should work out.

A. What the fuck are you talking about? Surely being ported 10 blocks away from your enemy is a good thing while slowed?
B. Icebolt does 147 damage and pierces armor.
C. Macura is a wizard again, and has been for 3-5 days now. I do not plan on switching, I enjoy my ports too much.
D. The 49 samurai you fought, was Ruka_somethingsomething. I killed him earlier today losing only half a heart, and that was probably fall damage as I don't think I let him get close enough to me to do anything.
E. My machine barely keeps me above 40fps, and "lagging" isnt an excuse to make a class op.