• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard - Still More Mobility then a Dragoon.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Why can i wizard teleport and have blink? its a WIZARD there suppose to be the strongest caster not the most mobile class and #GiveGuilerBlink
Port doesnt make wizard mobile in combat (you cant port in combat) , also Guiler has 4 disables if it had blink that would make it very unbalanced

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why did you tag me? Also I disagree but think that enderpearls should be nerfed, not taken out completely. Enderpearl has a 60sec cooldown in combat so most wizards can only use it once, also if you watch the wizlord throw the ender pearl then just run to where its landing because the wizard will be slightly disoriented for a second since they suddenly teleported. Also the only way for a wizard to heal after running away is eating, so you could just do the same thing. Also in the live (not test) server i rarely see wizards with enderpearls because they are kinda expensive/hard to get, i almost never have an enderpearl on me, unless i am expecting to get inside a city or something. As for the stuns paladin can time their shieldreflects to kill wizards and pyromancers are ranged. (not as ranged as wizard but still) Also pyromancers have enderpearl too so they can just enderpearl to the wiz then stun them..
Edit: as for nerfing them i think maybe (if possible reduce the range enderpearls can be thrown)
Edit2: Also if the wizard messes up once and you can get a stun off on them? Its practically game over for them. So i think it should be a little difficult to stun them.
Tagged you cuz at the time I was getting pissed about getting you red 1v1 and u enderpearling onto the walls of test
So who cares if they're expensive? And They aren't really, its called a looting III sword and tbh its worse then super jump cuz wizard can just entangle (super low cd) and enderpearl onto a wall, and that's basicly a get outta jail free card, and wizard is pretty hard to stun, stun is warming up almost there just .5 more sec and entangle or blink away + then icebolt which slows and makes fireball super easy to land and that's like what 250 damage? Lets Face it Wizard is Very OverPowerd, Enderpearls Do Play a role into this too

Also

Port doesnt make wizard mobile in combat (you cant port in combat) , also Guiler has 4 disables if it had blink that would make it very unbalanced
Im Pretty sure he meant after some cc/dps was removed but idk
Lets Read Posts guys.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Tagged you cuz at the time I was getting pissed about getting you red 1v1 and u enderpearling onto the walls of test
So who cares if they're expensive? And They aren't really, its called a looting III sword and tbh its worse then super jump cuz wizard can just entangle (super low cd) and enderpearl onto a wall, and that's basicly a get outta jail free card, and wizard is pretty hard to stun, stun is warming up almost there just .5 more sec and entangle or blink away + then icebolt which slows and makes fireball super easy to land and that's like what 250 damage? Lets Face it Wizard is Very OverPowerd, Enderpearls Do Play a role into this too

Also

Lets Read Posts guys.
Wizards can use swords? As far as i know they cant.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Wizards can use swords? As far as i know they cant.
Anyone can wield wooden weaponry, as their crafter class allows it. I believe smiths get acces to iron everything, though I'm uncertain. Been a while since I played and it could've changed.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Anyone can wield wooden weaponry, as their crafter class allows it. I believe smiths get acces to iron everything, though I'm uncertain. Been a while since I played and it could've changed.
I knew the smith thing, but not everyone's a smith. But still, I think my point is soild. When was the last time you saw a wizard use an ender pearl in combat in the live server? Also each class can deal with other classes in diff ways. Example: I'm a wiz so when I fight a blood age I out range them. But when fighting necros I just try to burst them done as fast as possible. : but I do agree ender pearls should have their range nerfed for combat at least. (On mobile sorry for grammar)

Last edited:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I knew the smith thing, but not everyone's a smith. But still, I think my point is soild. When was the last time you saw a wizard use an ender pearl in combat in the live server? Also each class can deal with other classes in diff ways. Example: I'm a wiz so when I fight a blood age I out range them. But when fighting necros I just try to burst them done as fast as possible. : but I do agree ender pearls should be have their range nerfed for combat at least. (On mobile sorry for grammar)
I never said it wasn't solid - i just said that everyone can wield at least wooden weapons, while smiths can wield iron. There's plently of Looting 3 Wooden Swords around in the market afaik. And I don't PVP, so I haven't actually seen any wizards use ender pearls.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
but I do agree ender pearls should be have their range nerfed for combat at least.
This actually could be an easy fix. Enable regular ender pearl as it is now, but only out of combat.
Then add a separate skill learned at the same level that is based off the chaos orb coding but it can be used in combat. Same 60 second cooldown, ender pearl reagent etc etc
Fulfills the exact same function as the present day iteration but allows the devs to actually tweak the values without massive lines of new code

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I believe smiths get acces to iron everything, though I'm uncertain.
I remember a tourney end of Bastion. Smith had access to Diamond swords, and people wanted their fancy dia sword enchants while keeping their OPeh class. /hero who Smith was huge that day.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I remember a tourney end of Bastion. Smith had access to Diamond swords, and people wanted their fancy dia sword enchants while keeping their OPeh class. /hero who Smith was huge that day.
Heh, funny thing was that I was the only one who used an iron sword that tournament - nobody realized it did 10 more damage than diamond :D

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
How about we just remove enderpearls COMPLETELY from Wizard??? I will get hated a shit ton but I think it's the right thing to do... Wizard has the most mobility in ALL of HC, it will just get out of the battlefield, heal up, and then just kill off the opponent single-handedly... If Wizard lost the ability to use enderpearls, it would only depend on Blink which is quite fair IMHO...

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
How about we just remove enderpearls COMPLETELY from Wizard??? I will get hated a shit ton but I think it's the right thing to do... Wizard has the most mobility in ALL of HC, it will just get out of the battlefield, heal up, and then just kill off the opponent single-handedly... If Wizard lost the ability to use enderpearls, it would only depend on Blink which is quite fair IMHO...
I like enderpearls, go ahead and remove them though, ill switch :3

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I recommend removing the redstone and mana cost of blink, and giving it an additional 10 block range and +1 per int scaling.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
SCRAP the mana cost, and scale MOAR (at 1 per int they could go WAY too far)
Oh sorry, when you use blink you should get mana back, the cooldown should be reset to .01 (reduced by .01 every time you use it) and your right 1 isnt enough, make it like 5 per int.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I have absolutely no opinion on Wizards, Mobility, or whether anything is currently "OP / UP". I'd just like to chime in here and say this:

When I reworked Ender Pearls for Haven, I put them under very heavy control. This was primarily due to the exploitive issues that we wished to prevent, but I also added the ability to control the velocity of an Ender pearl. Because the velocity of an ender pearl is completely controllable for us, we can increase it or decrease it from our configs, and requires absolutely no code to do so. I actually have Ender pearls nerfed already, and I think they're at like 85% the default velocity for Wizards.

Anyone that has played both Wizard and Pyromancer should have "felt" this at least a little bit, because the two classes actually have different Ender pearl velocites (or at least they used to...)

-----
If Kainzo (or the balance team) wishes to lower the velocity (decrease speed / distance) or increase the velocity (increase speed / distance) this can be done very easily.

The combat cooldown is also easily modifiable, and I MAY have put a combat velocity vs. non-combat velocity, but I'm not sure on that one.

Last edited:

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
The combat cooldown is also easily modifiable, and I MAY have put a combat velocity vs. non-combat velocity, but I'm not sure on that one.
If this is the case then this could be the solution that ender pearls need. If we cut the range down significantly in combat while also decreasing the cooldown they might see more play (especially for the movement impaired pyromancers)

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Haven't read a single part in here except for a few recent posts, with the recent nerfs to blink a wizards mobility is near non existant to be honest, in pvp I have to entirely rely on ender pearls which have a 60second cooldown to create some form of distance and even then they aren't actually able to create a huge distance only give me an opportunity to gain a height advantage or such.

I don't think any changes are actually necessary to ender pearls maybe the tiniest distance changes but i think the cooldown should remain because of the opportunities an ender pearl can create for anyone who has an abundance of them.