• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Who Believes in Aliens?

Do you think they exist?

• With the size of the universe, yea.

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • Maybe- I'm on the fence

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Uhh no? duh.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a vague recollection that we discovered a earth like planet not so long ago however it was quite a bit smaller.

I remember watching something on something similar to that on the Science Channel. I also watched a documentary that once upon a time Mars was just like Earth, but it's surface deteriorated rapidly because of the thin atmosphere. Gives some foresight on what is potentially going to happen to Earth. :O

Diamond_Map

Banned
This here is a clip from a highly informative video named "The Disclosure Project" I suggest you find a good 2 hours on a lazy day to sit down, munch on some ice-cream and check it out.

'Til then, here is a 3 minute clip from the 2 hour clip that I find to be very interesting.

Seeing we are on the topic of species, I figure why not share XD

Diamond_Map

Banned
The Universe has been constantly expanding since it's birth and new planets/galaxies are made every second. Earth is ONE planet, in ONE galaxy, in ONE hop of a BILLION galaxies. Our Hop is a part of a Super Hop containing BILLIONS of Hops, each containing BILLIONS of galaxies.

Did I mention there is billions of planets in ONE galaxy? :3
Buh BAAAYMM Visual representation:

Graink

Portal
Oh cool! A real science thread! I've actually looked into this, mostly cause I don't like living here, but partly because it's just a cool subject.

First of all, life surely exists somewhere else out there. People just need to stop thinking they're humanoids. Everyone seems to imagine alien planets resemble ours (Even scientists). Our planet has an incredible variety of ecosystems that allow a huge number of life forms to live and procreate. Odds are, planets in our solar system have similar ecosystems capable of sustaining life. Mars for example has a small chance or sustaining life. Not exactly human life, but bacterial, viral or archeabacterial. (I think that's the word, I know it from French so I just loosely translated Archeobacterie to ^ that) There are also a few other moons in our solar system (Too far from the sun of course) but with possible chances to sustain life if we could pull them closer to us. It's not only about proximity to the sun, we have to factor in gravity if we're thinking of putting humans on other planets.

Now, considering time travel, the speed of light, and the size of the universe, it's nearly, and practically impossible for another life form to reach us. Not only because it would take them billions of years just to get here, but because we would notice them far before they ever got to us. If they traveled through space, they would have to dodge debris, planets, stars and so much more. They would also need to figure out a way to store and manage food and fuel for their ships and passengers. All life forms need some sort of nourishment, and you can't move something without a force of some sorts. So for them to be able to travel, they'd for sure need a fuel, and for them to survive, they'd for sure need a food source. Considering this, and considering the current "Earth" like planets we've discovered, there's no way an alien life form would consider coming to Earth to try and farm our resources if they have enough to make it all the way here. I also doubt they'd care about us if they were looking to conquer and dominate the universe. We're so pathetic and puny, nothing would want to bother with us.

Finally, back to the speed of light theory. If there was however a race of beings that could withstand the power of the speed of light, they could travel between planets a little bit faster. Remember, it takes 8 minutes just for the light of the sun to reach our planet. Our sun isn't really far from us at all in consideration to the other stars. I think it'd be fun to travel through time and space, but our bodies just can't handle it. Until someone figures out how to completely reconstruct a human body at the speed of light, we'll probably never chance a maned universal exploration mission.

P.S. I personally hope aliens look like underdeveloped monkeys. Like, maybe have no eyes, just rely on their sense of smell.. Cause you can really go a long way just off smell.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just found this as a suggested link from Diamond's video. Was interesting to listen to but I'm not sure I believe it :p

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
My mom always told me a story, her great great great great grandmother's brother's wife's father was abducted by aliens. They injected him with whitey substances in which the man wanted a little bit of magical parking limo's and such and then nothing happened. Just my input onto this topic!

ShizzDawgg

Godly
My mom and grandma both saw an ufo when they were taking a road trip some 35 years ago. OLD PEOPLE DON'T LIE, THUS ALIENS EXIST. smh. #Hi, I'm 12.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@Glent Yet another long-ass post from you! :p

I see where you are coming from, but my belief is that, as the universe is, well, huge, then why can't there be life more advanced than ours? The comment on ''not being able to store food, fuel, ect'', made me image aliens just as ourselves, in terms of how developed our understanding of stuff is. I believe otherwise, why can't there be intelligent life in the universe understanding concepts that would pass over our ''top-scientist's'' heads?

Back to the ''Speed of Light'' and ''Travelling'' thing, why couldn't they do this? We may think it is impossible to pass the speed of light, but remember we thought going to the moon was impossible. What we know now could only be 1/4 right somewhere in the distant future (maybe hundreds of years). While it seems nothing more than science fiction, what about wormholes? Or something to bed space-time (whatever that is, I really don't know)?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter