• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Who Believes in Aliens?

Do you think they exist?

• With the size of the universe, yea.

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • Maybe- I'm on the fence

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Uhh no? duh.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Diamond_Map

Banned
Please don't start any religious debate here.

If one begins @Kainzo I would like to ask you remove the thread.

that said;

Do you belive they exist?
Don't take my word for it. Please go and do your own research!
Also- please try and keep religion, illuminati, hate, spam and trash out of this off-topic convo it will make it so much more fun for everyone else.

Thanks!

connormcwood

Legacy Supporter 2
The vote says it all, with the size of the universe what makes us so lucky to be the only intelligent race.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
The universe is far to large to just hold on intelligent race. There may be several forms of intelligent race out there some more advanced than us and maybe even some less advanced. It would be interesting to observe alien cultures but i doubt i would see that in my life time :p!

Well, actually... I agree, yes and no. See earth is only a few million years different from the big bang, according to scientists. Which means that its quite possible that the earth developed more intelligent lifeforms faster with its more mature state. That being said, there still could be more advanced races, its just that the chances state that they would probably be less advanced. Maybe they wouldn't even be as intelligent. They could be animals. Just my theory.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
The thought that we are the only beings on the only hospitable planet in the universe which is believed to be infinite is illogical. I however do not believe that any aliens have ever abducted people or even visited Earth.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Probability says there has to be something out there. Most likely we wouldn't even recognize it as life right away, but I can't think Earth is unique.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Of course. The chances that Earth is the sole location that life exists are close to zero.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The Universe has been constantly expanding since it's birth and new planets/galaxies are made every second. Earth is ONE planet, in ONE galaxy, in ONE hop of a BILLION galaxies. Our Hop is a part of a Super Hop containing BILLIONS of Hops, each containing BILLIONS of galaxies.

Did I mention there is billions of planets in ONE galaxy? :3

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
I believe in aliens. I do not believe they are flesh eating warlords that wish to kill all of humanity.
Although I agree with you, I have also heard another point of view. This being that if aliens did happen to find us, They would probably be scouting for another planet for its resources. Things such as oxygen, water, or farmable land may be in low supply, and upon discovering earth, which contains an abundance of all these things, they would attempt to invade. Without a common language, we would not be able to discuss a peaceful resolution to things, and worse comes to worst and we all die.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Although I agree with you, I have also heard another point of view. This being that if aliens did happen to find us, They would probably be scouting for another planet for its resources. Things such as oxygen, water, or farmable land may be in low supply, and upon discovering earth, which contains an abundance of all these things, they would attempt to invade. Without a common language, we would not be able to discuss a peaceful resolution to things, and worse comes to worst and we all die.

Who ever said that aliens need oxygen, water or food? You make it sound as if alien life only exists like ours, carbon based. I don't think this is the case. For instance, bacterial life was found based on arsenic as opposed to phosphorus: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/02/AR2010120204183.html.

Considering how vast the universe is, I guess anything is possible. Maybe life that could thrive in conditions that would crush, rip or roast our own flesh? Maybe life that doesn't even require ''organic'' elements (http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/resea...scientist-creates-lifelike-cells-out-of-metal), or life that could survive naturally in a vacuum?

What i'm saying is nothing more than speculation, however.

What? You should do a little research. Around 10 billion years difference.

True, but if you think about it, a billion years is almost nothing to the universe, in which a sun can last 100 billion years easily. The earth is closer in statistical age to the universe than you are to your parents.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I belive in an intellegent lifeform out there in the universe. I don't belive in three eyes green blobs that want to rule the world. But the chance of no other intellegent life is very low, giving the number of planets, solar systems etc. Besides, if it has happened once (earth) why can't it happen again?

If I'm ever sent into space, I'm bringing my towel ;).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The thought that we are the only beings on the only hospitable planet in the universe which is believed to be infinite is illogical. I however do not believe that any aliens have ever abducted people or even visited Earth.
I have a vague recollection that we discovered a earth like planet not so long ago however it was quite a bit smaller.