• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Where is everyone?

The Community is always going to reflect the venue. It's no surprise to me that PvP servers tend to have a higher percentage of rude and obnoxious players, than PvE/PvP-Off servers...even though Herocraft's been pretty mellow since the Reset.

As for me personally? The places I've enjoyed the most in the past were places where I had some high-tier tools, and could provide safe havens for my IRL friends, and people I recruited to a server. When I possess no power, and no consistent means of acquiring and sustaining power, I cannot provide anyone with anything, and that's a very off-putting experience for me. I have too many trust issues to recruit Citizens from the pool of native Herocraft players, yet I can't get my IRL friends to join a server where they'll just be meat for the PKers.

I still play Herocraft, and intend to keep playing for awhile to come. My enthusiasm about doing so, however, can be boosted from between a 3 or 6 (out of 10) to a 9 or 10 if keeping our goods ungriefed was cheaper, and didn't require either a King's Ransom in In-Game Currency, or IRL Currency. Or if Dungeons yielded more Soul Shards.

I still haven't figured out how to take on more responsibility around the server, too. As many times as we've been encouraged to Apply for various roles, I'm still occasionally told that people are removed from consideration for asking for/applying to these Roles. I've never been great at particularly difficult puzzles, so solving that Paradox is probably beyond what I am capable of.

"Dammit Jim, I'm an Architect and Protector, not a Logician or Mercenary!"

The new townships system will be the focus point of the server - it'll be more indepth than Towny and provide hopefully more fluid interaction between towns/players. It will also feature a personal protection system that non-town members can have if they so desire.

The goal is to bring back the community feeling. Where if you want to protect a large area, you have to work hard with others and the new egg in this basket is, if you want specific township levels you have to trade with other towns to get it (or have a base in that biome) so BIome specific gathering is going to happen.

Two words: Golden Shovels