• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Where is everyone?

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
So I left for a couple months when there were 40-50 people on daily, and I come back to barely 35 on a weekend. So... what happened and where is everyone? I'd like to help but I have no idea what to do tbh.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I personally am really busy right now, but I have a small period of no exams next week so I can at least enjoy the server on the factions release.

Muphins69

TNT
I'm with joshtsai on that, I've been busy with life things myself. Not to mention, there's the potential server reset for the new 1.9 update, so I don't want my progress to be all for nothing :p

Also, after I maxed out my Shadowblade, I wasn't sure what else to do from that point on. It felt like I had reached the end of a game with little post content. Don't get me wrong though, Herocraft is still a super great and enjoyable server :p I'll come back in short bursts from time to time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm with joshtsai on that, I've been busy with life things myself. Not to mention, there's the potential server reset for the new 1.9 update, so I don't want my progress to be all for nothing :p

Also, after I maxed out my Shadowblade, I wasn't sure what else to do from that point on. It felt like I had reached the end of a game with little post content. Don't get me wrong though, Herocraft is still a super great and enjoyable server :p I'll come back in short bursts from time to time.
Definitely trying to push more in-game content, but after PVP there isnt much reproducable content

Two weeks and I'll get back to the server. AP's are killing me. Gonna try out hypnopedia tonight (listen to informational material while I sleep to see if I learn it (hey, I'm desperate here)).

But yeah, I'll get back to guiding and all that fun stuff when I get back (sure I never was technically a guide, but I know practically everything going on on the server so I help everyone who asks). Also going to start a town on survival after wipe to take a very cautious approach to helping new players in a more hands-on fashion.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I have limited internet access, but Herald wise, I would love to help. Just not sure how. I wish I knew the Twitter info.....

@Trazil
I still have not gotten the twitter info, I can upload to youtube though. Waiting on my new pc though, should be soon.

If anyone wants to send me videos I can upload them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I still have not gotten the twitter info, I can upload to youtube though. Waiting on my new pc though, should be soon.

If anyone wants to send me videos I can upload them.
I'll probably be able to find some time to edit videos if anyone just has some recordings too :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Pvp'ers wanted a PVP server, was given. Pvpers didn't play on said pvp server.

We're focusing on a completely all in one herocraft experience that brings back the old feels with some new communal systems.
Community feedback is nice but if people give it and dont follow behind it, its not worth much.

IronAegis

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm just kind of waiting at the moment, really wanted that factions server to kick off

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!

Called this out like two months ago, but @MunchlaxHero and @FalseCorruptor gave me shit for it.

I think I can speak for a couple of the veterans, when I say we're all burnt out from Minecraft in general. I just don't have the same passion for the game as I used to, and a lot of people have simply moved onto other games like Smite, League, Hearthstone.

Also, HC in general is just hard to get back into after being away for a period of time. The constant, ever-changing world can definitely be unforgiving to some of our real life schedules.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Minecraft is just meh. I've moved on to Darksouls III for my pvp needs, seeing as that's basically 90% skill. A modded Ark SE playthrough also eats my time. @Kainzo We should get an Ark server up again with The Center as the map. Check it out, it's really cool.

The factions server came too late. If it was added maybe a year ago, might have taken off.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6

We're focusing on a completely all in one herocraft experience that brings back the old feels with some new communal systems.
Community feedback is nice but if people give it and dont follow behind it, its not worth much.
I would like to know more about this all in one experience. If it fits with what I'm looking for I would be willing to help make it happen.

As you know I can both build stuff and do plugin config.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Minecraft is just meh. I've moved on to Darksouls III for my pvp needs, seeing as that's basically 90% skill. A modded Ark SE playthrough also eats my time. @Kainzo We should get an Ark server up again with The Center as the map. Check it out, it's really cool.

The factions server came too late. If it was added maybe a year ago, might have taken off.
I've been dark souling it up - I fucking love that game, haha. It's not a "long lived" play though, lasts a few months at most.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would like to know more about this all in one experience. If it fits with what I'm looking for I would be willing to help make it happen.

As you know I can both build stuff and do plugin config.
The new townships system will be the focus point of the server - it'll be more indepth than Towny and provide hopefully more fluid interaction between towns/players. It will also feature a personal protection system that non-town members can have if they so desire.

The goal is to bring back the community feeling. Where if you want to protect a large area, you have to work hard with others and the new egg in this basket is, if you want specific township levels you have to trade with other towns to get it (or have a base in that biome) so BIome specific gathering is going to happen.

The idea is to also have the dungeons less intensely separated and make the leveling experience faster (and probably less painful) to all players.

The new townships system will be the focus point of the server - it'll be more indepth than Towny and provide hopefully more fluid interaction between towns/players. It will also feature a personal protection system that non-town members can have if they so desire.

The goal is to bring back the community feeling. Where if you want to protect a large area, you have to work hard with others and the new egg in this basket is, if you want specific township levels you have to trade with other towns to get it (or have a base in that biome) so BIome specific gathering is going to happen.

The idea is to also have the dungeons less intensely separated and make the leveling experience faster (and probably less painful) to all players.
By all in one experience, you're only talking about the survival server, yes? You're not getting rid of factions, right?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
By all in one experience, you're only talking about the survival server, yes? You're not getting rid of factions, right?
Not getting rid of no. However, I plan to migrate Factions to its own ip (factionheroes.com) and hopefully have staff/owners different from Herocraft.