• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion When two township super-regions collide...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I still think the old system is the best bet without changing the rule entirely (Though I think the smaller town should have to be paid something for their town).

The system I want to see is just set a limit between towns (250 or whatever was mentioned earlier).

That's probably the reason. You shouldnt be able to make a PR in a town due to being "too close"
However it make sense that you could make the PR first then make the town, which would then overlap the PR.
But you aren't supposed to be able to make PR's inside towns (Look at indur, lots of issues there)

Oo, I like that idea. The smaller town having to pay a tax of sorts to be within the larger towns actual region radius but this system may become too complicated for what it provides. Regarding Indars problems, I really haven't got a clue what's wrong with theirs. I would check out all the regions to try pinpoint it but I doubt me getting given access to look.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
Well if everybody thinks that it is better to just have the larger town absorb the smaller town, then here are the necessary questions.

It seems like it would be really hard to force the bigger town to pay the smaller town for the area. I would personally prefer to have a set distance between towns, although this could create other problems as discussed above.

If we set a required distance between towns, it should be from SR center to SR center. Should this distance make it impossible for town borders to overlap?

This would require at least 325 blocks between towns. Even then the towns could recenter their SRs to overlap. I don't feel like doing the math, but to make this issue impossible you would need at least 500 blocks between towns.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
That's probably the reason. You shouldnt be able to make a PR in a town due to being "too close"
However it make sense that you could make the PR first then make the town, which would then overlap the PR.
But you aren't supposed to be able to make PR's inside towns (Look at indur, lots of issues there)
I'm wondering whether we have a misunderstanding here.

Beau, the shack you're referring to, is it a Personal Residence created by command, not via the Townships GUI? As in you paid 1000 souls for it and are playing 15 souls per day tax?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm wondering whether we have a misunderstanding here.

Beau, the shack you're referring to, is it a Personal Residence created by command, not via the Townships GUI? As in you paid 1000 souls for it and are playing 15 souls per day tax?

It's the personal region that costs 1000 souls to create. Saying that, I didn't even notice that it had a 15 soul tax per day. I could check this but I honestly don't think I've ever been taxed by it. (I know that no one within my town can access it at all unless I add them to the region personally).

A few little facts about it;

+something like the 48th region to be made in the server
+when I first created a tribe, the shelter itself was never within the starting radius of the tribe SR and has only became with my SR radius when I upgraded to tier 3 (village) I think
+never noticed being taxed by it? I can test this tomo
+I did find carrots and bread in the region chest a while ago, I could check to see if it's still being supplied those items
+only me and thrax have access to it
+when I created it, I typed ./to create shelter (I think,this was a good few months back now)

Hope this helps, but yeah. I really wasn't kidding about that being my vault ;)

Teslanut

TNT
It's the personal region that costs 1000 souls to create. Saying that, I didn't even notice that it had a 15 soul tax per day. I could check this but I honestly don't think I've ever been taxed by it. (I know that no one within my town can access it at all unless I add them to the region personally).

A few little facts about it;

+something like the 48th region to be made in the server
+when I first created a tribe, the shelter itself was never within the starting radius of the tribe SR and has only became with my SR radius when I upgraded to tier 3 (village) I think
+never noticed being taxed by it? I can test this tomo
+I did find carrots and bread in the region chest a while ago, I could check to see if it's still being supplied those items
+only me and thrax have access to it
+when I created it, I typed ./to create shelter (I think,this was a good few months back now)

Hope this helps, but yeah. I really wasn't kidding about that being my vault ;)

Well, that's interesting @WitchOnaRampage. So maybe it isn't the PR's which broke Indar?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Well, that's interesting @WitchOnaRampage. So maybe it isn't the PR's which broke Indar?
Yes, it's very interesting, I agree.

On the other hand, the remaining PR at Indar straddles the SR boundary, which just sounds like it's asking for trouble. Removing it would be so easy to test the outcome, and I understand the PR cost has already been refunded. I don't understand the intransigence on this issue, and it gives the community a bad impression of the plugin that is perhaps not wholly deserved.

@xMJay @Alator @TimForReal @Kainzo