• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want from the Lore Project?

What should we be doing that we're not?

• Total voters

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
What do YOU want from the Lore project? I'm always excited to hear community feedback.

Feel free to post anything not listed

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Loremaster isn't really a job as much as a title. Folks don't have to be loremasters to write lore - otherwise they probably just want the title.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Loremaster isn't really a job as much as a title. Folks don't have to be loremasters to write lore - otherwise they probably just want the title.
Loremaster make official Lore, anyone can put down anything in a book and claim its real.

Joka10

Soulsand
I want recorded history, and then want it turned into something lore-sounding!

Srsly, it'd be cool...

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
More lore based buildings, but with this:
1. I want it to be a COMMUNITY thing, where we build something together as a community, be it a symbolic statue or a dungeon.
2. If there isn't "strong" established links between architects and loremasters, I think you guys should work together closely. (Or maybe thats called the dungeon team, I don't know :p.)

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
More lore based buildings, but with this:
1. I want it to be a COMMUNITY thing, where we build something together as a community, be it a symbolic statue or a dungeon.
2. If there isn't "strong" established links between architects and loremasters, I think you guys should work together closely. (Or maybe thats called the dungeon team, I don't know :p.)
The only problem with having people build something means you may have to entrust them with valuables. If people steal, then you can only trust certain people and then its not a community event. How about something you know exists but not where it is, something you have to find?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes. Like, record all the big happenings and make them lore-ish. Don't add in a ton of stuff, but make it a lore-ish writing style.
That wouldn't work well. It would just be people being assholes to each other. Made up Lore is much more interesting

Joka10

Soulsand
Well, all conflict is just about people being mean to each other... if people would talk together and work things out, there wouldn't be any conflict. There have been too many very good war stories about true events for it to be impossible to make these things turn out well written as lore...

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, all conflict is just about people being assholes to each other... if people would talk together and work things out, there wouldn't be any conflict. There have been too many very good war stories about true events for it to be impossible to make these things turn out well written as lore...
I understand the want for what you're talking about, however if we could just read about what already happened, well thats history, not Lore. and writing it would just be a waste of time. The goal is not to make something everyone knows the result of but to create a new and exciting stroy that will capture and immerse the the readers

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I want to see our old chat come back to life :( I lost all motivation once we lost everyone, I even hardly see you anymore, plus I have a feeling you have some hate for me and I am sorry.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I want to see our old chat come back to life :( I lost all motivation once we lost everyone, I even hardly see you anymore, plus I have a feeling you have some hate for me and I am sorry.

Victim, I don't hate you. Your constant pessimistic attitude annoys me slightly, but I don't hate you. As far as me not being around, I've lost a lot of interest in Herocraft, its lost its magical feel that is had long ago. A lack of free time also lent to me fading away. However now that I have the time to return I no longer find it appealing, and many of my friends are now gone. I will, however, stay with the Lore Project at least until Requiem is done if not much longer. I don't tend to back away from something I start.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Victim, I don't hate you. Your constant pessimistic attitude annoys me slightly, but I don't hate you. As far as me not being around, I've lost a lot of interest in Herocraft, its lost its magical feel that is had long ago. A lack of free time also lent to me fading away. However now that I have the time to return I no longer find it appealing, and many of my friends are now gone. I will, however, stay with the Lore Project at least until Requiem is done if not much longer. I don't tend to back away from something I start.
Good to see you working towards it and I'm done with the pessimistic attitude, it honestly did not suit me. I have moved on from that.

Joka10

Soulsand
I suppose a gigantic, all-encompassing history turned into lore like what I was originally requesting is a bit unfeasible. I still think that it'd be awesome, but some things just can't be done. However, I think things like what Theazian is doing with the Academy, or what Encoded did with Blasphemy, have worked out very well as lore and more should be made. Basically, lore-histories of individual groups, conflicts, or events written independently of one another by different authors should become more prevalent. The ones that exist are great, and others would probably work out just as well. While a mega-history consumes tons of time and requires much work, a mini-history as I just described is much less difficult and could probably be done in a day's time. One I'd especially like to see is a brief history of the Treepers/Freepers from Zeal to present... I'd like to know the full story behind that. Is something like this at all likely to happen compared to my original suggestion?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
@strongholdx I'm finally feeling a bit in the mood to start some stuff up and I got a new guy working his ass off to get into the Lore team. Danda is trying to get me, theazian and any other lore writers that are up for it, to work towards quests and stuff like that.

I was just wondering if you plan to come back for the whole Lore team or just for the fanfiction. Its ok either way, I'm only asking because at this moment, we are low on man power and if left down to it, I would like to be the temporary leader until you or Alator return. With that being said; I have not seen Toad for a very long time either.

EDIT: I realize I may not be the best choice given my past on the team, but I seriously want to change that and with this new guy my ideas seem to form a lot more better, which has helped me become motivated.