• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion What do YOU want for the townships system?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
@Xargun there's actually a function of war called "sue for peace" where you pay to avoid a war. I believe Kainzo intended this to be the way non-combantant merchant-type towns would stay viable. Because they should be rich and prosperous right?

One would think so...

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I think variable cooldown would be a strong incentive to upgrade your town.

Also need a cooldown on being declared war against, otherwise you may get 2 or 3 larger towns picking on a smaller town constantly - and we know it could easily happen.

The lower the tier the less often a town can be declared against - as it has a larger impact on them. A high tier town could be declared against every day or two.

Could there be a way for each town to set their own war time ? So that if town A says the bulk of us are online at 8pm each night so our war time is 8pm... if you declare war on them, you need to attack in their peak times... This would stop the overnight war declaration where you wake up the next day to a "sorry you lost the war and your bank is now empty" and actually provide PVP which people say they want.

That way if Town B declares War on Town B there is at least a 24 hour timer before the war starts. So if Town B declares war on Town A at noon. The next evening at 8pm the war starts. This will hopefully give both sides time to rally forces and provide PvP entertainment for both sides.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
@Xargun I believe the timer is a grace period for the defender already. Though it's possible it was not tested. Once I get something worth testing up on the test server I'll make sure that is the case

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
@Xargun I believe the timer is a grace period for the defender already. Though it's possible it was not tested. Once I get something worth testing up on the test server I'll make sure that is the case

Just so you know I'm not trying to be a jerk. Everyone knows (or should know) that I'm not a huge PvP fan, but I enjoy the World PvP element HC brings to MC... when out in the world you have to be careful as you never know when someone is right behind you. I just hate seeing something good (like towns and this upcoming War thing) turn into something that simply causes players to stop playing because a few trolls abuse the hell out of it -- and it happens a lot. But that is why I am looking for ways to make it 'safe' for newer players (thus tier 1 towns are immune) and people have warning that the shit is about to hit the fan... PvP can be fun but losing your entire town (and belongings) because someone abused the system does nothing but drive players away and gives HC a bad name.

Let me know when you have it on the test server and I'll come play over there and try to break it...

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Shameless bump

I'm going to start testing a new war winnings formula as early as tuesday (real life kept me busy this work weekend (which is tue-thurs))

My first pass at a new way to do this will involve checking each town's tier, picking the smaller one, and there's a static value for winnings in coin to use and it uses the lower ranked one. Going to try to leave the town material siphon alone as it works fine.

Anyone want to suggest price points for how much coin a town tier is worth? I'm also going to bed and won't be replying but plz let me know what y'all think

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
One thing I haven't added in this thread but I think I did in another thread is giving mayors/SIC a slight usability improvement for Prism. In enabling them to filter the results of their block checks.

Add the permissions to use the flags a: b: and p: these are Action, Block/item & player. This allows easier searching if you know what you're looking for when going through what can be several hundred pages of chest logs.

It doesn't allow anything gamebreaking that they can't already do it just saves some time that's needlessly spend sifting through useless information.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Shameless bump

I'm going to start testing a new war winnings formula as early as tuesday (real life kept me busy this work weekend (which is tue-thurs))

My first pass at a new way to do this will involve checking each town's tier, picking the smaller one, and there's a static value for winnings in coin to use and it uses the lower ranked one. Going to try to leave the town material siphon alone as it works fine.

Anyone want to suggest price points for how much coin a town tier is worth? I'm also going to bed and won't be replying but plz let me know what y'all think

Value would depend on how often you can declare war. We don't want it to be to outrageous. Maybe something simple like 100c per tier to start ?