• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Way to get into towns... c4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
Hardcore doesn't mean constant pvp or constant impeding rape of PVP. Hardcore is a ruleset / mindset. You are referring to an "anarchy/chaos" server or a FFA PVP server.

Now, that being said, we're working on HTTP and other systems to ensure proper risk vs rewards are met. It isn't an easy process and takes massive time and coding hours to do.

I do not disagree with you but if you hide behind the logout screen there should be repercussions. The "hardcore" ruleset/mindset you speak of is lost behind there being no fear of death at all or even reason to put yourself in a situation where you can die.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hardcore doesn't mean constant pvp or constant impeding rape of PVP. Hardcore is a ruleset / mindset. You are referring to an "anarchy/chaos" server or a FFA PVP server.

Now, that being said, we're working on HTTP and other systems to ensure proper risk vs rewards are met. It isn't an easy process and takes massive time and coding hours to do.

I do not disagree with you but if you hide behind the logout screen there should be repercussions. The "hardcore" ruleset/mindset you speak of is lost behind there being no fear of death at all or even reason to put yourself in a situation where you can die.
Agree, but it's not an easy solution - it's one we do want to address and fix. There should be risk even in a Township - but it's one of those things that people don't like losing out on their sand castles. I'm more than up for suggestions on how to change it so its not a perm protection or can be taken over, but the down and dirty is....
Why build an awesome looking city if it can just be lost while you are offline?

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
I realize the coding would be probably really difficult, but could do some type of siege system. Pay coin for a siege to happen on a town, then after 24 hours the siege could go live. Maybe a way for the defenders to win, they would have to destroy some type of item that the attackers pick a place to set. Like a small building of obsidian perhaps. As for attackers, they would have to get through the city gates, and destroy a few buildings of obsidian or something of the sort. Whoever won got some type of reward for it such as double the coin back or items. If attackers don't win within an hour, then defenders win by default....just tossing some ideas out there. =)

Aetosion

Obsidian
I'm more than up for suggestions on how to change it so its not a perm protection or can be taken over

I have an easy way to do that. Well, not easy, but fairly flawless.

A certain class, perhaps lvl 60 engineer, can place TNT and activate a timer. The timer ticks for maybe 3-5 minutes, in that period of time the TNT must be guarded, and anyone can diffuse it in like 5ish seconds. That way you set the bomb, guard it, the owners of the regions have more than enough chance to diffuse the bomb. Timer ends uninterrupted? BOOM!

An alert would pop up for region members, they'd have time to make it back and stop it. TNT could be the one block placeable in any region, and blocks broken by the TNT will repair themselves within 2 minutes or so.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm more than up for suggestions on how to change it so its not a perm protection or can be taken over

A certain class, perhaps lvl 60 engineer, can place TNT and activate a timer. The timer ticks for maybe 3-5 minutes, in that period of time the TNT must be guarded, and anyone can diffuse it in like 5ish seconds. That way you set the bomb, guard it, the owners of the regions have more than enough chance to diffuse the bomb. Timer ends uninterrupted? BOOM!

An alert would pop up for region members, they'd have time to make it back and stop it. TNT could be the one block placeable in any region, and blocks broken by the TNT will repair themselves within 2 minutes or so.
Right but that still doesnt account for the fact that if you are offline or in a massive town you will always get your shit blown up or wrecked. Not to mention it clashes with Griefing Rules, etc - which would also need to change.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5

Right but that still doesnt account for the fact that if you are offline or in a massive town you will always get your shit blown up or wrecked. Not to mention it clashes with Griefing Rules, etc - which would also need to change.

If we had OutPosts. Would it be possible to have a player detection system?

If a town had 5 players inside the region, then that towns outpost would be open for attack. If the town only had 2 members inside the region, no one would be able to attack it.
This would avoid the problem of towns having their shit blown up or wrecked. If A Outpost is captured/destroyed there could be some sort of reward?

The town that just got attacked then can't have their outpost attacked for 3 days. This would stop having massive towns trumping the smaller ones everyday. Gives everyone a chance to re-group and plan a way out of their situation.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
What about before the explosion the chunk saves, then after a designated time that chunk is rolled back to the previous save?

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

TNT placment alerts go off to all admins, when TNT detonates it states the explosion serverwide.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4

create a block type that would inject a group through a wall with similar properties as mentioned above. Timer ticks down boom, moves the group a designated amount of blocks in x direction then despawns.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

If a town had 5 players inside the region, then that towns outpost would be open for attack. If the town only had 2 members inside the region, no one would be able to attack it.
This would avoid the problem of towns having their shit blown up or wrecked. If A Outpost is captured/destroyed there could be some sort of reward?

The town that just got attacked then can't have their outpost attacked for 3 days. This would stop having massive towns trumping the smaller ones everyday. Gives everyone a chance to re-group and plan a way out of their situation.

- Outposts as I was planning them were going to be arbitrary protection points on the map, not necessarily specific to a town, so.. if the town didn't have players online and their outposts were attacked, tough luck. This is to provide incentive in keeping town (and eventually kingdoms) larger, rather than having people split off and do whatever. etc.

BUT outposts would have a protection period after being captured to prevent changing hands over and over. Along with Broadcasts alerts to online players stating what was going on.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5

- Outposts as I was planning them were going to be arbitrary protection points on the map, not necessarily specific to a town, so.. if the town didn't have players online and their outposts were attacked, tough luck. This is to provide incentive in keeping town (and eventually kingdoms) larger, rather than having people split off and do whatever. etc.

BUT outposts would have a protection period after being captured to prevent changing hands over and over. Along with Broadcasts alerts to online players stating what was going on.

Right, Ok. That makes more sense. That sounds like a lot more fun and would work a lot better, then having one for every town.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
EDIT: Nevermind, didn't read all the posts when I posted it. I realized this was already said. :oops:

malmenca

Diamond
What sort of incentive would be attached to capturing an outpost? Additionally there must be an incentive in holding onto the point otherwise it would simply be fortuitous to lose the point and regain it to re-earn whatever reward was given.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
What sort of incentive would be attached to capturing an outpost? Additionally there must be an incentive in holding onto the point otherwise it would simply be fortuitous to lose the point and regain it to re-earn whatever reward was given.

money, possibly rare blocks, or other such things. It's something that's up for discussion :)

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Maybe there could be a rule that there is a x by x door that anyone can enter, but can never be blocked. Making ways to go inside and out.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
To make it somewhat easier to raid towns, I propose the No Glass Roof Act of 2012.

- Abolishes the use of glass roofs to to protect a town in an unrealistic and non-hardcore fashion.

Glass ceilings are ugly and don't really make sense imo. Ever see the Simpsons Movie? The glass ceilings are like the dome put on top of Springfield. Nothing comes in, nothing comes out (if you aren't regioned).

Also, if the TNT thing happens.... Guess what Erebos is being rebuilt out of.... OBSIDIAN!!!!!!!
@atvrider312 YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.