• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Way to get into towns... c4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
In the long run if this was implemented people would just build their walls to defend against this kind of attack, first placing the wall a few blocks within the region so tnt can't be placed right next to it, another would be thick walls which a tnt blast wouldn't be able to penetrate fully.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Kainzo mentioned considering trying to see if regions could take damage. Like, 10,000 hp that would be broken down by some sort of cannon attack, and would cost money to repair.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Kainzo mentioned considering trying to see if regions could take damage. Like, 10,000 hp that would be broken down by some sort of cannon attack, and would cost money to repair.

Guild Wars 2 Example - Attacking the gate of the region till it's 'broken' and needs to be repaired?

agentjwall

Godly
I love this idea! With the majority of today's cities and towns raiding has become impossible (save exploiting and trickery). A sort of TnT blast would enable people to actually Raid towns and put more challenge into town defence. Sure people might find a good way to ward off these attacks but it gives players a legitimate tool to creatively try and infiltrate a town.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

Guild Wars 2 Example - Attacking the gate of the region till it's 'broken' and needs to be repaired?

these kinds of mechanics are the ideas we have behind outposts. rather than getting people to attack each other's towns. I definetely want to do something like this, but like others have mentioned there are concerns about limiting it to walls, hunkering down and it being fruitless anyway when it comes to Town attacks.

Outposts wont have these issues as they would be contested capture points on the map.
We could allow tnt placement that is controlled, and timed for use in the outpost to reduce it's health significantly (how you might capture it) or other mechanics like this (including temporary block damage to walls etc)

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
This is a hardcore server, PvP is a sin. If we can get through walls then it will force people to not play because they have to log off. Being in a town has nothing to do with gaining allies and enemies. It's just boxes of protection for mindless MA grinding, underground building, and talking about the latest my little ponies episode.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I love this idea! With the majority of today's cities and towns raiding has become impossible (save exploiting and trickery). A sort of TnT blast would enable people to actually Raid towns and put more challenge into town defence. Sure people might find a good way to ward off these attacks but it gives players a legitimate tool to creatively try and infiltrate a town.

I would LOVE this to be implemented! It would make things much more interesting and exciting . If we have Outposts like Sleaker mentioned. The Mechanics should change through each stage of a town.

Hamlet- Should not have these mechanics. "Hamlets are just boxes of protection for mindless MA grinding, underground building, and talking about the latest my little ponies episode."

Town: When a Hamlet goes to town status you know that town is taking things seriously and wants to immerse themselves in the full HeroCraft Experience. A town's outpost will have say, 2,500hp

And this would gradually increase once the town reaches different stages.

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Meh, doesn't feel very hardcore when you can completely null out pvp by making 0 ways into your base. The argument pvp doesn't count as hardcore is going to keep coming up, but just don't understand what's hardcore without pvp. Can't even starve to death anymore. :p

I like this suggestion alot, also I agree with what Neo said. Maybe even something to do with Engineers pistons and moving blocks.

There needs to be some way in to EVERY TOWN. It's annoying having people camp in their invulnerable town so they can avoid PvP. The way it is now is definately not "hardcore" like how you advertise it.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would be pretty cool to be able to blow up a wall (temporarily).
But I think it should have like a huge warmup to blow up the TNT.
It should also require something that you can't find everywhere.
Cause I really don't think we want it to be like, as easy to go on an open front gate as blow up their wall.

I think about 15min warmup would be a good time
and I dunno
It should require 1-3 blaze rods?

At least I don't want this to be easy, but something you do when you really want to raid/kill someone in a town.

EDIT: I am not talking about the same kind of warmup as the heroes skills currently have.
This warmup should be from the TNT is activated to it blows up, so it don't matter it the guy who activated it take damage or even die...

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
BTW, hardcore means fucking brutal. Fucking brutal means not being a bitch. Not being a bitch means you fight for what you earn. Fighting for what you earn means you SHOULD NOT be 100% safe from other people if you choose.

This is by no means a 100% "hardcore" server, in my opinion, to the full meaning of the definition I like to think we use. It is simply a less hardcore variant of the word "hardcore" meaning you must earn everything you do, however the other side of the meaning is lost in LWCs, restricted regions, and logging out to escape combat.

A perfect example of a "hardcore" game series is Dark Souls and Demon Souls. Lets go through a very short game analysis between this server and that game series. The monsters are brutal (semi check), the game is lengthy (check), the game has depth (check for minecraft standards), the game is difficult (PvP is the only "difficult" aspect of Minecraft), you work for what you earn with souls (check), and MOST importantly.... DEATH IS ALWAYS IMMINENT (no, not at all). Why have Dark Souls and Deamon Souls become such popular games? Because every turn, every monster, every encounter, every infiltrating soul, will have you on your toes and ready to defend yourself. The pvp is unpredictable and everything about the game is Brutal!

Perhaps what the server needs is some actual risk and reward. Give people a reason to fight for their cities. A reason to mine for materials. A reason to engage is battle to the death. Right now this server tries to be too many things and I think that generic MMO it wants to be lacks a solid niche. Sure you can't fly around for 20$ and it's true that people love that. But in general the people that want a fair server are the people who do not wish to have a tremendous advantages in PVP and building. I say make us actually have to protect ourselves or at least give us a reason to protect ourselves and our land.

Some people will hate the idea of PVPing for survival. But we need that niche, we need to focus our audience, we can't just have the best class/hero system across all Minecraft servers and then promote the disuse of it. We need to embrace and focus on making use of the Heroes plugin by creating dynamic encounters through unique bosses and enemies or PvP. There are many ways to create that true "Hardcore" niche and I guarantee, while some will disagree with me (at first) because they do not like the idea of being in danger, even more will flood to Herocraft for the glory of flourishing on a server where alliances matter, leveling matters, building matters, combat matters, make what we do count!

Thanks.

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Wow @vudani , absolutely agree 100% with your post, would make the server so far above every server out there. +1

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hardcore doesn't mean constant pvp or constant impeding rape of PVP. Hardcore is a ruleset / mindset. You are referring to an "anarchy/chaos" server or a FFA PVP server.

Blanket statements that state "Pvp is the only form of risk" are mindless. If that were true you wouldn't see countless deaths on the server by mobs, etc. PVP is "A" form of risk not "The Only". This being a hardcore MMORPG server, there are several aspects to risk, be it, economic, political, PVE/PVP, etc.

Comparing Dark Souls/Demon Souls to a creative/survival based voxel game is comparing apples and oranges, to giraffes - it does't equate or correlate highly.

Now, that being said, we're working on HTTP and other systems to ensure proper risk vs rewards are met. It isn't an easy process and takes massive time and coding hours to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.