• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion War Time Regions

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're trying to implement a good method for Adventure RPG and Survival RPG to have intervals of war and peace time.

So basically, during peace time, you cant PVP anyone. It lasts for 3-4 hours. When War time happens, players can attack each other in the regions, when you die, you lose 5s when you kill someone, you gain 5s -- or something similar.

The regions wouldnt extend the whole map, just a radius around spawn or something similar.

Up for suggestions / ideas if anyone has any.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
What about the dungeon regions. PvP dungeons? PvE only dungeons or mixed?
Are there raid dungeons with custom raid bosses? Make those for example PvP as known from MMORPGs.
How about a deserted Battlefield region with non-stop PvP enabled and maybe even bonus rewards for kills there?
According to that "deserted Battlefield region", how about a currency like "honor" as additional reward for kills in that place? Of course to be exchanged into PvP only items. Or you could use medals of vengeance here again.

Last edited:

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Are there going to be towns on the RPG maps or is the landscape non modable? I have an idea that would fit well with this if towns are involved. If not it might work on the PvP server.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
How big is this radius? During the war times I wouldn't be surprised if many of the non pvpers would hide underground or somewhere else so they wouldnt have to participate or just log off.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
By gaining souls from kills could this lead to more camping issues @Kainzo ? Is there a way to get around it.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Are there going to be towns on the RPG maps or is the landscape non modable? I have an idea that would fit well with this if towns are involved. If not it might work on the PvP server.

I've heard it's a pure adventure map, townships not included (except for NPC townships/regions).

- correction: Valorium will become the survival RPG map having towns.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Adventure is non modable.
How big is this radius? During the war times I wouldn't be surprised if many of the non pvpers would hide underground or somewhere else so they wouldnt have to participate or just log off.
I assume there would be something in place to create a desire to go in the area during war-time, but it is not necessary.
By gaining souls from kills could this lead to more camping issues @Kainzo ? Is there a way to get around it.
Sure, wait until the war is over and then enter during peace time.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
What about the dungeon regions. PvP dungeons? PvE only dungeons or mixed?
Are there raid dungeons with custom raid bosses? Make those for example PvP as known from MMORPGs.
How about a deserted Battlefield region with non-stop PvP enabled and maybe even bonus rewards for kills there?
According to that "deserted Battlefield region", how about a currency like "honor" as additional reward for kills in that place? Of course to be exchanged into PvP only items. Or you could use medals of vengeance here again.

Another way would be creating quests that could be done within war regions only. Maybe quests with a higher exp reward or so to make it worth it. It's also a legit way to get more people into the pvp areas.

I have another idea, now that I'm mentioning quests. I know it has nothing to do with the topic mentioned, but I hate opening threads for every little thing I'd like to suggest. So when creating quests for the RPG map, how about creating a quest series, which allows the players to achieve a full set of enchanted armor (custom built of course) when finishing the quest series. Each quest in that series would reward the player with 1 set part, but each quest has different conditions to finish, some harder some easier, some have to do with pvp some not. Each quest has to be finished to get access to the next quest. Great way to balance PvP and PvE situations out. Keep always in mind, if you want people to do something they don't like, you simply have to give them a reward in exchange :p. You could also put NPCs at different locations in Zolaria, forcing the player to explore the world while "questing".

@Kainzo