• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Viking for a warrior class/ and other class sugesstions

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Barbarian -
High damage
Low armor
Medium health
Blood Rage (Passive maybe?) - after dealing damage with an axe, Viking gains a temporary 1-2 second speed boost
Whirling Blows - axe attacks deal damage to nearby enemies. 10% mana per hit, toggleable.
Thundering Roar - Knocks back all nearby enemies (3-4 blocks? Or slows?)
Heroic Shout - all party members gain a small damage buff (30 seconds?)
Hammering Blow - Strikes with mighty force, dealing double damage and knocking back (or stunning, or slows?) the enemy.

Edit: a little more depth
Blood Rage - the barbarian sees the blood upon his mighty axe, and refuses the let his prey escape his sight, running as fast as he can to make sure there is no escape
Whirling Blows - The barbarian masterfully whirls his axe around him, hitting any foe foolish enough to approach
Thundering Roar - The loud roar causes the enemies within earshot to cower in fear, afraid for there lives. ( preferrably an AoE slow)
Heroic Shout - the barbarian boosts his companions' morales, pushing them to fight with renewed strength
Hammering Blow - the barbarian puts all of his strength and weight behind this blow, slamming into the enemy sending them reeling, leaving them disoriented. (50-75% mana cost for a knock back slow?)

That's my take on barbarian. A good counter would be ranged classes, making them balanced (somewhat?)

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Instead of viking I suggest the name Barbarian. This is Herocraft, not Scandinavia-craft, therefore we should have names that dont relate to a warrior from a certain country. This is just my opinion. (Ik we already have ninja, I'd change it to assassin if I could)

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of viking I suggest the name Barbarian. This is Herocraft, not Scandinavia-craft, therefore we should have names that dont relate to a warrior from a certain country. This is just my opinion. (Ik we already have ninja, I'd change it to assassin if I could)
Edited my post, I totally agree with the name Barbarian. (and assassin)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Some skill suggestions:

Viking/Berserker

Reckless swing - Your next attack deals double dmg and ignores armor(and you take 3 dmg for using it).
Axe throw - You throw an axe, if it hits and enemy the enemy is slowed for 1.5 sec.
Vicious Strikes - Your attacks deals 1 more dmg and each time you hit an enemy you heal for 1 hp.
Ragnarok - You are immune to disables and you gain a passive armor for 15 sec.

These are taken from LoL - Olaf

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
doubt this will be implemented. the 4 spec slots of warrior are already filled. All of them are stably in. However I do like this idea.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Why not Viking? This isn't Japancraft so why is there ninja and samurai?

I think Berserker is better, since the Vikings wasn't barbarians.

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
If this is ever going to be considered or not as a class, for god sake call them Vikings. Berserker is a extremly general term. I feel that herocraft have covered the general classes. Berserker = Crazy/drunk warrior?

Some weapons info on vikings.
According to custom, all free Norse men were required to own weapons, as well as permitted to carry them all the time. These arms were also indicative of a Viking's social status: a wealthy Viking would have a complete ensemble of a helmet, shield, chainmail shirt, and sword. A typical bóndi (freeman) was more likely to fight with a spear and shield, and most also carried a seax as a utility knife and side-arm. Bows were used in the opening stages of land battles, and at sea, but tended to be considered less "honourable" than a hand weapon. Vikings were relatively unusual for the time in their use of axes as a main battle weapon. The Húscarls, the elite guard of King Cnut (and later King Harold II) were armed with two-handed axes which could split shields or metal helmets with ease.

Fangsyifu

Stone
I think they should stick with chainmail and an iron helm. what they usually wear.

and have an ability called
-Power strike,
abillity to do2x the damage and has a 35% success chance of hitting 2.5x
but cooldown will be like long

But hey lot people liking the Idea probably be another class that everyone would like to playat some point in time.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Things we can't really do well or don't work with how damage is handled in Bukkit:

Throwing non-projectiles at players (they don't 'hit' properly)
Altering damage based on sprinting/MC crits
Ignoring MC armor - currently any damage is reduced, (still waiting for magic damage source from bukkit)

the other ideas might work for some skills (also we have Might, so Heroic Shout is a bit unecessary)

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
Vikings should be able to make a "potion" named Mead, so that the viking can self buff of some sort. :p

DarkStrider

Legacy Supporter 4
Wrath of the Norse Gods! = an AOE smash based attack which is eminated from the strike point of your melee weapon. (Such as hitting the block infront of you).

Causes 35-40 damage and knockback in a 4-5 block radius from the point, costs 75% mana to use and puts a slow debuff on the user after use.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i dont think anyone realizes it, but you guys all want an improved dreadknight- more attack, less armor, new name and more skills.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
If there was a class named Viking I would switch to Warrior immediately. May Thor and Odin watch down upon me smiling as a I pillage and rape! (more of the later)

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
The set-up of 4x4x4x4 is great and has worked wonderfully for planning and development, but we shouldn't use it to set strict boundaries of not adding a class because it wouldn't fit inside of it. I know developing unique skills isn't nearly as easy as writing down a concept, but possibly one day it could be a 5x5x5x5 setup! We've already broken the initial set-up once to move Crafter into a Profession and it worked amazingly. It's 2012 now! Time to make some new advances in the name of Valhalla!