• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Valley of Carnage + New Tutorial

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
So after talking to a number of people, I've come up with a system to step Herocraft up to another level.

*THE VALLEY OF CARNAGE*
Herocraft is all about leveling and being hardcore. Why not have a place where all that is combined - a place where it is truly hardcore, but for a reason. A place where PVP, RPG and leveling combat classes is combined into one central place.

The Valley of Carnage would be a separate world - a flat, barren wasteland, infested with monsters. The world would have one center building of safety, fully lit, No-PVP what-so-ever and a safe-haven. This area would expand out for around a 25block radius circle. The dome would be around 500 blocks (possible alot more) radius and would be completely flat.
This dome would block out nearly all light - allowing mobs to spawn all day long.
The mobs however in this world, would give double the experience of bastion mobs. KEEP READING!
The center safe-zone would be lit incredibly well lit with light and the idea is, as you get closer to the edge of the dome - it becomes darker and darker, gradually becoming more dangerous as more mobs spawn. Around the 300 block mark, there would become near complete darkness with mobs spawning everywhere.
Now the idea behind this is, the further away you get from the centerpiece safe-zone, the more dangerous it becomes. PVP would be enabled and if you are further out to kill mobs, you are further away from safety. The incentive to go out, is to go get more mobs and level faster, whereas if you are close to the centerpiece, you are safer, but therefore kill less mobs and gain less exp.
Now however, there would be another factor. In this world, there would be shrines. These shrines would contain pigzombies in enclosed spaces - and are incredibly hard to kill - so you can take the bigger risk for more rewards.
Now to stop camping and the constant use of this world for killing off newbies. The way to enter this world is to go to spawn and go to a special place. This place would have a single portal that looks really sinister. The only way to enter this portal is to type a command confirming you wish to enter.
The thing is, it would cost to enter. For each level you have, it costs 1c to enter. For example, a newbie would enter at level 1 - they would pay 1c. A lv15 rogue would enter, he would have to pay 15c. So a lv60 person would have to pay a high fee to enter.
Not only do you pay to enter, but you get a limited time there. When you go through the portal, you have a maximum of 150minutes in this zone - real-time. Even if you are offline, it would go through and when you logged in, you would be tped back to the bastion spawn.
If you wanted to leave early however for some reason, you would be able to leave via the portal in the safezone.

So that's the Valley of Carnage. In a nutshell, it would encourage leveling in a new environment, allow pigzombie bosses for people if they please, and introduce a high risk/high reward factor. Low level people would stick close to the safezone, higher levels would go out into the darkness.

*A NEW TUTORIAL*
I will expand on this idea at a later date, as I would deem it best to let you guys dwell on the one suggestion before presenting another game-changer.

What do you guys think? Constructive criticism, likes/dislikes ect. If you rate it, please explain why you have done so, as I will try my best to explain/come up with solutions and answer any questions.

Awesome idea! However, i think that there should be a cooldown after your time is up. Perhaps a couple of days?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
If we're going to do that then one of the minings maps should be removed and the main map reduced no need for it to be big since people are complaining about not being able to pvp

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
If we're going to do that then one of the minings maps should be removed and the main map reduced no need for it to be big since people are complaining about not being able to pvp
I personally think warshard is useless. Forgelight and Bastion are perfect.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
^^^ so true[DOUBLEPOST=1366653044,1366653005][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a question how big is Greyson?

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
Miners would have a huge advantage, seeing as if there is no moonlight, it would be almost complete darkness, and miners could just turn on ultravision and see everything. It would be incredibly difficult for other people to see. This would mean people would often choose their class based on an easier way to level, which as far as I'm aware is not what Herocraft is about.

Also you tried to address it, but camping would be a rather large problem. Seeing as the spawn is rather small, people would obviously see you leaving and follow you. While you're trying as hard as you can to take down 3 creepers, a spider on your back, and being shot at by 2 skeletons, they can swoop in for an easy kill. Looking from an end-game standpoint, any low levels would have an extremely difficult time leveling because of people camping, ESPECIALLY if the new karma system comes around.

Finally, why would something like this be implemented if dungeons are coming around? They'll have certain no-pvp parts to them that allow people to level, so a boring flat dark world where you can get camped 24/7 would be kind of pointless.

Anyway it's an interesting idea, and I think with some refining it could be a cool addition.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Miners would have a huge advantage, seeing as if there is no moonlight, it would be almost complete darkness, and miners could just turn on ultravision and see everything. It would be incredibly difficult for other people to see. This would mean people would often choose their class based on an easier way to level, which as far as I'm aware is not what Herocraft is about.

Also you tried to address it, but camping would be a rather large problem. Seeing as the spawn is rather small, people would obviously see you leaving and follow you. While you're trying as hard as you can to take down 3 creepers, a spider on your back, and being shot at by 2 skeletons, they can swoop in for an easy kill. Looking from an end-game standpoint, any low levels would have an extremely difficult time leveling because of people camping, ESPECIALLY if the new karma system comes around.

Finally, why would something like this be implemented if dungeons are coming around? They'll have certain no-pvp parts to them that allow people to level, so a boring flat dark world where you can get camped 24/7 would be kind of pointless.

Anyway it's an interesting idea, and I think with some refining it could be a cool addition.
Then just have the world frozen on night. Easy fix. I understand how it's hard to see in the dark for some people, as I used to be one of them, but for some reason, my newest computer allows me to see well in the dark.

Camping is part of the reason it's double exp and it's more risk more reward. However, I think it would be a fix to make the safezone alot bigger and when people spawn into the world - they are possible put randomly inside that safezone. The idea for lower level'd people is to stay near the safezone - and when you enter it, even if you are tagged, you would be safe. The idea is that the further you get out, the harder it is to kill, but the more exp you get and the more reward you are getting. Also, the pigzombie shines would be out in the very back of the dome.

Dungeons seem to be an incredibly far away prospect. There has been talk for them for at least 4 months, and a few pictures have been leaked out, but it's my understanding that it will be a while until dungeons are released.
The point of this world is to combine the 'hardcore' aspect of herocraft together in PVP, RPG (when quests are fixed, the world will be riddled with them) and of course, grinding with double the exp.