• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Unfair damage system?

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Lol text I'm sorry but you can't use lag as a basis of argument simply because it effects everyone. If your really that worried about healing then aim at ur feet or straight up in the sky. And wow casters can't do 0 damage. If they do then there has to be a better way of getting mana for all caster and healer classes.

Potentially code a mana potion or reduce mana cost?
You have consume and cookies ....

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
If you lower their melee damage to 0 for casters it will become almost impossible to level.
As it takes 3 or so fireballs to kill something that is most your mana gone and you now need to wait for more.
Where as a Warrior or Rogue can just keep on trucking through mobs.

They need to be able to do some melee damage in order to balance out leveling a bit
I think what kainzo said was probably sarcasm :p

You have consume and cookies ....

The skill Consume, uses cookies. They aren't separate means of getting mana. But nice try

Lol it really doesn't seem like you put the pieces together. Even still that means that you have to get cookies, with an alchemist that means you can get them easier, but its not like you have an endless supply. All I'm saying is casters and healers really get owned in the fact that there isn't many ways to get mana back. But that is a discussion for another thread.

OnixZ2

Stone
To go off text's op (since that's what this thread is about lol), Warriors are supposed to do medium damage while healers do low damage. Now the question is, is 5 hp per attack MEDIUM or LOW? To be honest I agree with Text because the way it is doesn't make sense. Paladins can't catch people nor runaway in a fight where we should be able to hold our own. In a 2v1 paladins will most likely go down, its a simple as that. Even with layhands, you have the chance to kill 1 of the two but not both.

My suggestions:
1) Raise the damage per hit to 7 and lower the health to 115-125.
2) Keep the damage the same but buff soul fire by giving it a higher hit chance and/or allowing it to stack accordingly.
3) If 5 hp per hit is considered MEDIUM, then set a range of how much damage each tier does and stick to it per class. A healer SHOULD NOT be doing more damage than a warrior (Common sense).

Tbh I favor the second suggestion since soulfire is worthless in rain and this way it would keep the damage and health the same. I liked being god mode earlier in the zeal map, but I HATE being as useless as we are now.

Criticism is of course welcome as long as its in a mannerly fashion and not a rage fit about what I said.
Thanks.

Lol thats really awesome Larbobray, I do think it is a necromancer only thing but maybe that could be something. For casters and healers, have a subclass specific consume taking a reagent thats specific to that subclass like bones for necromancer in addition to the regular consume with a cookie.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
To go off text's op (since that's what this thread is about lol), Warriors are supposed to do medium damage while healers do low damage. Now the question is, is 5 hp per attack MEDIUM or LOW? To be honest I agree with Text because the way it is doesn't make sense. Paladins can't catch people nor runaway in a fight where we should be able to hold our own. In a 2v1 paladins will most likely go down, its a simple as that. Even with layhands, you have the chance to kill 1 of the two but not both.

My suggestions:
1) Raise the damage per hit to 7 and lower the health to 115-125.
2) Keep the damage the same but buff soul fire by giving it a higher hit chance and/or allowing it to stack accordingly.
3) If 5 hp per hit is considered MEDIUM, then set a range of how much damage each tier does and stick to it per class. A healer SHOULD NOT be doing more damage than a warrior (Common sense).

Tbh I favor the second suggestion since soulfire is worthless in rain and this way it would keep the damage and health the same. I liked being god mode earlier in the zeal map, but I HATE being as useless as we are now.

Criticism is of course welcome as long as its in a mannerly fashion and not a rage fit about what I said.
Thanks.

Yea you are basicly the second person who noticed what I wrote. But I never said paladin should be able to defeat 2 people alone. That was an example but noone here noticed and actually thought I wanted paladins to be able to kill players. All I tried is to explain how even with invuln of 5 sec (which can deal 3 hits freely in total of 15 hp) paladins aren't supposed to do low dmg (atleast not same as caster and lower than a healer haha). Now I know kainzo is using D&D style to make a paladin off but from what I've seen its still away from that (paladins there have smite and some other damage dealing magic). But yea thanks for noticing the issue here unlike 5 other people who commented.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Just so you know I think casters and healers are down to 3 damage with diamond.

Ahahahaha Texteo you can't simply assume that the only reason why people aren't agreeing with you is because they don't notice what you wrote. Don't be an idiot. If you noticed, most of my posts I agreed that equal melee damage with a caster is wrong.

Kainzos comment about casters melee damage wasn't sarcasm. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that if it could be coded, casters and there skills would have all the right cool downs and the correct mana regen for them to not rely on some form of melee. But as it is, when leveling up it is absolutely essential. When a fire ball takes 25% of your mana 3 fireballs to take down a zombie, and how it takes forever to have you mana regenerate to full (or simply enough for another fireball) they need that damage.

So if caster damage can't be decreased immediately then the next solution would be to just increase paladins dmg. But then the paladin would be doing doing more damage or equal damage to Bards, Dragoon, Dreadknight (if raised to 7 with a diamond sword). The reason why I don't think paladins damage should be increased is because a paladins talents lie elsewhere. In HP skills and armor.

Until mana and casters and healers get an overhaul I don't think anything will change.

But with enchanting and potions being the way they are we are all fucked anyway

p.s. just saw the posts about the damage of hoes were changed. Congrats Texteo! Hope it makes you happy XD

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
So if caster damage can't be decreased immediately then the next solution would be to just increase paladins dmg. But then the paladin would be doing doing more damage or equal damage to Bards, Dragoon, Dreadknight (if raised to 7 with a diamond sword). The reason why I don't think paladins damage should be increased is because a paladins talents lie elsewhere. In HP skills and armor.
So your saying dreadknights deal 7 hp damage? They have only 10 hp less than a paladin same armor as paladins and drainsoul (which is the best heal spell). Also what i wanted to say with this phrase '' People didn't read what I wrote'' is that some jump and see the conclusion (so they miss the half of the things what I tried to say) and that you haven't played a paladin. You papabear are and were a ranger so you don't quite understand the issue. Yes I wanted paladin's to have increased damage for 1-2 more hp is because they.... you know what your not worth explaining it -.-''

They don't have the same armor, drain soul isn't the best healing spell and I was a Geomancer and Cleric before, I was Ranger for a very small part of it. But none of this really matters at all XD, c u when it goes live!