• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Un-Nerf Breeding.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I know back when I was a farmer, I used to do all my summoning/breeding in the span of a few hours. I'd start off with 0 animals, and 3-4 hours later I would have around 300. I'd kill them ALL and call it a day. Some people feel the need to stretch their farming by weeks, even getting into the thousands before they start killing. Seems like pure laziness and a disrespect for the server and the virtual animals (seriously) if you ask me.

My suggestion? Daily passive butchers. Set an exact time, 10pm EST if you will. Every day, at that exact time, kill your fucking animals because there's going to be a butcher. Don't restrict the amount of animals we can have in a chunk. Instead, restrict the amount of time that massive farms are allowed to exist. 24 hours sounds a-oh-fucking-k to me.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I know back when I was a farmer, I used to do all my summoning/breeding in the span of a few hours. I'd start off with 0 animals, and 3-4 hours later I would have around 300. I'd kill them ALL and call it a day. Some people feel the need to stretch their farming by weeks, even getting into the thousands before they start killing. Seems like pure laziness and a disrespect for the server and the virtual animals (seriously) if you ask me.

My suggestion? Daily passive butchers. Set an exact time, 10pm EST if you will. Every day, at that exact time, kill your fucking animals because there's going to be a butcher. Don't restrict the amount of animals we can have in a chunk. Instead, restrict the amount of time that massive farms are allowed to exist. 24 hours sounds a-oh-fucking-k to me.

There is no need for that extreme. We should be allowed to store our animals without any butchers. Kainzo just needs time and testing to find a comfortable balance for the server lag vs. how much leather farmers are producing.

Nightroado

Obsidian
We do not want 500+ entities in a single area. This is just far too much. This hits the server-cpu a lot harder than the client. I can back up my claims with profiling the CPU and measuring the amount of tickEntities are occurring and how much of the tick rate is spent on Entities. I do this, every single day. Trust me.

Here's a fix that will work for everyone. We can increase the amount of drops from animals. So Cows will drop more leather ... and so forth.

We have the ability to adjust drops and I have no problem increasing the yield. This way the amount of items aren't really touched and the server lag is also helped by keeping entities lower.

I like this idea. The server wins, farmers win. With one chunk crammed full of cows to the point of bursting, I got around 5 - 6 stacks of leather with a looting 3 sword. I would like to come close to that again while still taking the same amount of time to breed if possible under the breeding nerf and mob drop increase. AKA not get screwed out of drops but not get any extra either.

Thanks for adjusting things, Kainzo :)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I would say around 50 would be fair. 75 isn't big enough to cut down on those who breed to ridiculous sizes.

75 would limit it to 300 if you used 4 adjoined chunks. Which is still a lot less then a lot of people (including me) would cram into one chunk.
I agree though that 50 could work with a good boost to the droprate.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
There's nothing wrong with wanting your animals protected.
I'm not saying you can't have your animals protected. Try to find a place where they won't be found, like y=30, a few hundred blocks away from town, and if you're still unsure about how protected they are, maybe set up a personal region or something.