• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Un-Nerf Breeding.

Teerian

Gold
By very large I didn't mean half to a full stack per kill. If an increase of up to 5-10 (total) is out of the question, then we won't be seeing a real solution either.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Won't be seeing "very large" drop increases.

With a looting sword 3-4 base leather a kill should be more than enough; if Roadkill's idea for growth from a baby to adult cow were to be added in.

Teerian

Gold
I missed the suggestion about babies to adults. That would work. Can't say I like the looting sword thing, though. Some classes are limited to wood. It's kind of a pain and unfair to continuously get enchants for a quickly-broken item while others can use iron or higher.

Edit: Which could be easily fixed by letting farmers at least wield stone swords.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I missed the suggestion about babies to adults. That would work. Can't say I like the looting sword thing, though. Some classes are limited to wood. It's kind of a pain and unfair to continuously get enchants for a quickly-broken item while others can use iron or higher.

Edit: Which could be easily fixed by letting farmers at least wield stone swords.
Kill with skills, that doesn't wear down your weapon.

Acherous

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I'd have no complaints with the new system if drop rates are increased. Seems like an easy solution to me.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Current mobs per chunk is 25. I think we may increase this slightly as well as increase the amount loot drops.

If the massive farms are created for loot purposes - we'll meet somewhere in the middle - we are looking out for the lag and the more entities the more lag in almost a direct amount.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
*You have to dedicate an entire floor of the town to breeding.
*Each chunk has to be fenced off from the rest, which means more time wasted running around to each chunk.
*If you are raising one animal in every chunk in town, that means no one else in the entire town can have any animals, punishing those who have multiple active farmers.
That's why I would have the animals 200-300 blocks away so as to not disturb other farmers.

Acherous

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
Current mobs per chunk is 25. I think we may increase this slightly as well as increase the amount loot drops.

If the massive farms are created for loot purposes - we'll meet somewhere in the middle - we are looking out for the lag and the more entities the more lag in almost a direct amount.
Any idea when these changes will be implemented?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Here's the better question:

Why do you want massive farms of animals?

Is it the exp?
the item profit?

I'm all ears.

Massive Cow farm = Massive Leather to sell, the demand for leather is high, by putting a limit of the number of cows, you put a limit of the number of leather we can get, therefore putting a strain on the amount of leather produced on the server, therefore dirving leather prices up, therefore possibly bankrupting someone.

Amazing how one change can effect the whole economy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Massive Cow farm = Massive Leather to sell, the demand for leather is high, by putting a limit of the number of cows, you put a limit of the number of leather we can get, therefore putting a strain on the amount of leather produced on the server, therefore dirving leather prices up, therefore possibly bankrupting someone.

Amazing how one change can effect the whole economy.
Read the possible solution ;)