• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Tweak Mob EXP

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
So I've spent the whole of my time on herocraft as a non-mastered spec, always leveling up and switching between combat classes. I've noticed during my endless journey that some mobs don't give the exp I, and many others, think they should give. For example, creepers. Those green asssssssholes only give 28ish exp? Basically 1 hit newbies and dent all the other classes, yet they give less exp than skeles? To me, that's silly. Creepers are 5x harder to kill than skeletons and should give more experience. So lets go through the main mobs, and I will present a number of exp that I think is more appropriate.

-Skeletons - Fine at the moment.
-Zombies - Should be more than 22exp, 30 would be better.
-Creepers - Give 28exp, should give 40exp (2 more than skeletons)
-Slimes - Fine at the moment, since there are so many.
-Enderman - Fine at the moment, maybe a little more exp.
-Spider - Give 28exp (I think), should give the same as skeletons since they are a massive pain in the ass.

So basically 4 mobs need a change in my opinion. Creepers and spiders especially.
Do you think they should change? Post your opinions in this thread below, or like/dislike/agree/disagree with this post.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally agree with creepers and spiders; for the little amount of exp they give to how much they can do/be hard to kill they should reflect exp equal to the risk in killing them. Zombie seems fiine since it takes near no effort to kill and enderman being the highest on exp output for overworld i see as being fine as well

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally agree with creepers and spiders; for the little amount of exp they give to how much they can do/be hard to kill they should reflect exp equal to the risk in killing them. Zombie seems fiine since it takes near no effort to kill and enderman being the highest on exp output for overworld i see as being fine as well
Ehh, enderman I only want more exp from because they are difficult to kill. Zombies just lay into my health when I pve because of my lag, so they could stay the same.

As for creepers and spiders, they really do need to be killed for more exp.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with Creepers deserving more exp. However, I think zombies should give far less exp then skeletons. They are so easy to kill.
Also, slimes should be reduced as well, because they split into more slimes they give huge chunks of experience. Too much.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Some classes can withstand many of the damage dealt by mobs. Warrior specs (excluding Samurai) are able to easily reduce the damage. Zombies and Spiders, personally, don't need a large exp boost - probably 20 exp per zombie and 30 exp for spiders.

I highly agree with creepers. If they explode, it is guaranteed that you won't gain exp from it. Furthermore, it can potentially reduce a lot of health and will be a cause of death for many. Probably increasing it to be equivalent as Skeletons would be ideal.

I personally believe that slime exp is reasonably fine, but the community are clever enough to manipulate swamp biomes to become beneficial for levelling. It should stay the same as far as exp gain goes.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I agree with Creepers deserving more exp. However, I think zombies should give far less exp then skeletons. They are so easy to kill.
Also, slimes should be reduced as well, because they split into more slimes they give huge chunks of experience. Too much.

I see what you did there.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Slimes are fine their exp has already been nerfed once. It's lower than it once was. More exp for creepers would be nice for lvling especially because a creeper explosion 1-shots most casters and other classes with low hp.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with the zombie, creeper, and spider. Zombies have by far the most health out of the mobs, which is my rationale. The other two have been explained already.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I disagree with the zombie they're slow and you can easily hit them from outside their melee range as any class. They are by far the easiest mob to kill and should give the least exp imo. (With the exception of slimes but they split into multiple mobs generating more exp anyway)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, leveling is manageable, and quite fast compared to previous times (ignoring the 6 hour MA route) in Herocraft (confirm, anyone?). I bet that is by design, and regardless I am sure many people like it, though I personally prefer harder leveling.

What if we lowered the exp loss upon death by a certain % for several level ranges? So you lose the lowest %xp when you are the in the lowest range (base path probably), and as mobs become easier (30+ for most specs they are easy mode) the %xp loss upon death rises? Do we do that already?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, leveling is manageable, and quite fast compared to previous times (ignoring the 6 hour MA route) in Herocraft (confirm, anyone?). I bet that is by design, and regardless I am sure many people like it, though I personally prefer harder leveling.

What if we lowered the exp loss upon death by a certain % for several level ranges? So you lose the lowest %xp when you are the in the lowest range (base path probably), and as mobs become easier (30+ for most specs they are easy mode) the %xp loss upon death rises? Do we do that already?
I personally never die when leveling, so this really wouldn't do anything, as I'm sure alot of people would agree.

-Zombies are just OP with my lag, so excuse my suggestion about them.
-Spiders and Creepers definitely need to dish out more exp. Creepers are pain in the ass and are the hardest mob to kill in bastion apart from enderman. Spiders dish out a ton of damage and are incredibly mobile.
-Slimes are fine. They were nerfed once when the slimes started spawning in swamp biomes (1.3?), and they are fine as they are. They aren't incredibly common and they give the right amount of exp compared to the effort put into killing them.

I also had another idea about instead of getting exp from killing mobs, get exp from hitting them. Every hit landed on a mob gives you [x] experience. I do think there could be some exploits from this, but maybe this idea could be worked on and expanded?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I also had another idea about instead of getting exp from killing mobs, get exp from hitting them. Every hit landed on a mob gives you [x] experience. I do think there could be some exploits from this, but maybe this idea could be worked on and expanded?
I disagree with this, giving exp to someone for failing to succeed at something seems kind of pointless to me. There becomes no challenge what so ever in the task and it becomes mindless grinding. Though I'll admit it's not much better now it still requires an element of skill (as minimal as it is) rather than just wailing on a mob for free exp.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with creepers but I find spiders and zombies extremely easy to kill even with all my lag and leveling is so easy in my opinion especially with people buying exp boost all the time. I can lvl a basic class to 20 in a few hours

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with creepers but I find spiders and zombies extremely easy to kill even with all my lag and leveling is so easy in my opinion especially with people buying exp boost all the time. I can lvl a basic class to 20 in a few hours
It's not only about the ease of leveling, it's also about people finding leveling boring, and want to level up quicker. Also, just because something is considered easy by a vast minority of people, doesn't mean something shouldn't be fixed. To me, spiders and creepers are 'glitched' and they need to be fixed.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Lol holdmypie. Glad you are being honest about your motives

"It's not only about the ease of leveling, it's also about people finding leveling boring, and want to level up quicker."

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol holdmypie. Glad you are being honest about your motives

"It's not only about the ease of leveling, it's also about people finding leveling boring, and want to level up quicker."
I've nearly mastered dreadknight, and I did find it boring, but it's a fact that most of the playerbase hate leveling up, and find it incredibly boring. I stated that it's 'not only', meaning that another reason that this should happen is because of [x] reason.

yety175

Coal
I actually feel like skeletons and spiders are the hardest to kill. Then creepers and then zombies and slimes.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

Although Slimes do give good xp I am against changing their xp rate. As it stands now the swamp biomes in game are some of the best open field pvp you can find. Not just groups of people leveling but also other raid groups.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I actually feel like skeletons and spiders are the hardest to kill. Then creepers and then zombies and slimes.
Basically creepers should give more exp is because if they blow up, you get 0 reward and it sucks, along with the hp they have and the general connection lag most experience.