• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Turn off pvp in the noob dungeon

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
When ever I log on I see new players wonder in to the noob dungeon to go level, and then I see old players (specifically @Lordofon ) killing all the new players that walk in and then camping them which usually leads to them leaving the server. I think the noob dungeon should be like last map where it was pvp off but you could still level.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
When ever I log on I see new players wonder in to the noob dungeon to go level, and then I see old players (specifically @Lordofon ) killing all the new players that walk in and then camping them which usually leads to them leaving the server. I think the noob dungeon should be like last map where it was pvp off but you could still level.
how do i disagree with this post

Lordofon

Glowing Redstone
camping them
wrong
and you know that's wrong, because a large part of the starter dungeon has pvp off, it's not like I chase the players, the dungeon isn't only for noobs, it's for people like me that are low level because they /hero reset, you assume that EVERY single person goes there without knowing about PvP? that's crazy, a majority of the players come from factions servers, and a majority of the time, they ARE using macros, because they use more than 1 skill while holding 1 weapon, which can't just be /bind
i don't like it when you guys baby-proof things, i thought people here complained about the server not being hardcore pvp enough??? what's up with that???

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
wrong
and you know that's wrong, because a large part of the starter dungeon has pvp off, it's not like I chase the players, the dungeon isn't only for noobs, it's for people like me that are low level because they /hero reset, you assume that EVERY single person goes there without knowing about PvP? that's crazy, a majority of the players come from factions servers, and a majority of the time, they ARE using macros, because they use more than 1 skill while holding 1 weapon, which can't just be /bind
i don't like it when you guys baby-proof things, i thought people here complained about the server not being hardcore pvp enough??? what's up with that???
I have seen you chase new players out of the dungeon multiple times. The noob dungeon is suppose to be a place for new members to level at easily, baby-proofing 1 building that requires you to be below level 20 is not that big of a deal, when ever a player asks for a good spot to level at most of the time we recommend the noob dungeon, but when someone keeps constantly killing them over and over it becomes annoying, and honestly if I didn't know there were more things to herocraft other than just leveling/pvping then I would have quit too.

thewhizkids

Soulsand
When i went brawler i could finally enter the noob dungeon for the first time.

Slaughtered every single person in the dungeon.

Honestly i think i made over 10 new players quit the server that day - you can tell when they dont come back for thier deathchest and arent online anymore after killing them 3 times.

Seriously an experienced player can kill tons of new players just with skill alone.

Pls turn off pvp in noob dungeon lol

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Or atleast create a better requirement than level to filter out the more experienced players

Pakeon

TNT
Cant some smart guys code something like a kill cd on that dungeon, so after u got killed by a player, the player cant kill u for like 10 min

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
wrong
I think bad players like you shouldn't be rewarded with pvp top prizes for killing 100% new to the game players. You're a sad sad human for sitting in that dungeon all day, but refusing to fight when you dont double peoples numbers/sit on the side of diamond castle watching everyone fight.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I think bad players like you shouldn't be rewarded with pvp top prizes for killing 100% new to the game players. You're a sad sad human for sitting in that dungeon all day, but refusing to fight when you dont double peoples numbers/sit on the side of diamond castle watching everyone fight.
It's a scary time when we actually agree. Honestly, if PvP doesn't get removed from the low level dungeons, then at the very least noob kills should not count towards your elo. The way the system works right now actively encourages and rewards camping noobs off the server.

Last edited:

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
It's a scary time when we actually agree. Honestly, if PvP doesn't get removed from the dungeons, then at the very least noob kills should not count towards your elo. The way the system works right now actively encourages and rewards camping noobs off the server.

This, but not all dungeons just dungeons under lvl 20

Byrozy

TNT
Cant some smart guys code something like a kill cd on that dungeon, so after u got killed by a player, the player cant kill u for like 10 min
That would be a good way to stop more advanced players who know what they're doing from killing newbies. However new players might want to try and PvP other players without getting absolutely destroyed by the advanced players at diamond castle as diamond castle is where most of newbies go to to explore it and get demolished by someone who is waiting outside of it.

I think that players who are level 10 in the dungeon could be allowed to PvP other level 10+ players in the dungeon.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
That would be a good way to stop more advanced players who know what they're doing from killing newbies. However new players might want to try and PvP other players without getting absolutely destroyed by the advanced players at diamond castle as diamond castle is where most of newbies go to to explore it and get demolished by someone who is waiting outside of it.

I think that players who are level 10 in the dungeon could be allowed to PvP other level 10+ players in the dungeon.
That's why we need set leveling areas for lower levels