• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.2 Update Preview

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
This isn't really that complicated to understand lol. He said taxes will inctease 30% a single dragon egg will offset this increase for 1000 souls. Figuring that it takes 15 a day *67 days and suddenly you would have just been better off with the egg.

Additional town levels have higher taxes so the increased taxes will be off set by additional eggs. If you get raided your egg chest can be looted when you lose regions which is an increased incentive to war with other towns as you can essentially steal their investment in eggs to help offset your own towns costs.

Personally I think this will be fantastic as long as the power changes make sieging an actual possibility.
If the dragon egg is a percentage thing, not a set value, it'll be worth it at higher tiers.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
If the dragon egg is a percentage thing, not a set value, it'll be worth it at higher tiers.
It specifically states dragon eggs Will reduce taxes by 15s. So at higher tiers of taxes you would rather have them earlier but even at lower tiers of town it seems worth it. We easily made 1k a day as a collective five members from tribe up. At t3 now and with our 3 inputs and 3 outputs we are clearing 1500 aday with a 15s town tax and carrots filling all the town chests. If it is percentage then it will difinetly be worth it per tier but the way it's stated seems like you will get additional eggs for a flat rate each.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
It specifically states dragon eggs Will reduce taxes by 15s. So at higher tiers of taxes you would rather have them earlier but even at lower tiers of town it seems worth it. We easily made 1k a day as a collective five members from tribe up. At t3 now and with our 3 inputs and 3 outputs we are clearing 1500 aday with a 15s town tax and carrots filling all the town chests. If it is percentage then it will difinetly be worth it per tier but the way it's stated seems like you will get additional eggs for a flat rate each.
But 1,000 souls for saving 15 a day will take about 2 months to pay out.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter

It will be different for each town tier. Tribes need 1 egg, which offsets 15s (this was my example). Metropolis' need 4 eggs, which will offset 900s (I think. Can't remember off the top of my head). It's made so that smaller towns aren't as reliant on having the eggs as larger towns.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
It will be different for each town tier. Tribes need 1 egg, which offsets 15s (this was my example). Metropolis' need 4 eggs, which will offset 900s (I think. Can't remember off the top of my head). It's made so that smaller towns aren't as reliant on having the eggs as larger towns.
So, kind of like a percentage, but more of just "higher tier, higher payout." Making it unadvised at tribe but more advised at Village/Town, etc

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Under /to info for each building there is a salvage price. How does one "salvage" a building? Is this process possible, or was this overlooked and not possible?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Alator i like your dragon egg idea. I think you should consider making the eggs sellable back to the server at a loss though. Otherwise there will eventually be so many eggs floating around that siege will lose a lot of value / purpose - towns will have lots of dragon eggs sitting in lwcs for back up, and it will not be a major sink on the economy anymore (i think this is one of intents of siege to gradually pull souls out of game?)

If you buy eggs at 1k souls but can sell back at 500 or something similar, that will be a little reward for the victors without having to negotiate sale to players when i expect there will eventually be tons of these eggs floating around.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
I think 500 an egg would be great. It also means the attackers can sell back to the besieged for 501+ and net a profit.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
POWER USAGE
- Hamlet+ towns will need to keep an eye on their structure usage. An improperly managed town can lose power over time.
- Losing power? Deactivate structures to save your town! AdminTip: watch your Campsite usage!​
- Hamlets can now build two structures of power.
- Village natural power regen increased to 105.
- Mine daily power usage reduced to 10.
- T1 Soul Shard daily power usage reduced to 10.
- T3 Soul Shard daily power usage reduced to 25.
- Barracks daily power generation reduced to 20.
- Class power structure daily power generation reduced to 16.
- Power Obelisk daily power generation increased to 10.
- New Structure: Soul Focus - Generates 60 power per day at the cost of 300 souls and emeralds.

Can you also explain how Power is changing? Is power gonna be drained more than once a day? Are buildings gonna take more power? What is changing about it that makes towns have to worry about losing it?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Alator i like your dragon egg idea. I think you should consider making the eggs sellable back to the server at a loss though. Otherwise there will eventually be so many eggs floating around that siege will lose a lot of value / purpose - towns will have lots of dragon eggs sitting in lwcs for back up, and it will not be a major sink on the economy anymore (i think this is one of intents of siege to gradually pull souls out of game?)

If you buy eggs at 1k souls but can sell back at 500 or something similar, that will be a little reward for the victors without having to negotiate sale to players when i expect there will eventually be tons of these eggs floating around.
This is a good idea, yeah.

Under /to info for each building there is a salvage price. How does one "salvage" a building? Is this process possible, or was this overlooked and not possible?
If you break a salvageable region by punching the center chest (currently doesn't work with the /to destroy command), it will refund the owner of the region into their personal wallet.

Can you also explain how Power is changing? Is power gonna be drained more than once a day? Are buildings gonna take more power? What is changing about it that makes towns have to worry about losing it?
Some buildings have had their power adjusted. Towns, especially larger towns, will run the risk of going into negative daily power generation. Towns can max out their buildings if they want, but they'll have to pay for additional generation. (ATM I can't see many towns doing this. Could be a problem later on, and when war starts though).

Also, adding an a siege change to the OP.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This is a good idea, yeah.

If you break a salvageable region by punching the center chest (currently doesn't work with the /to destroy command), it will refund the owner of the region into their personal wallet.

Some buildings have had their power adjusted. Towns, especially larger towns, will run the risk of going into negative daily power generation. Towns can max out their buildings if they want, but they'll have to pay for additional generation. (ATM I can't see many towns doing this. Could be a problem later on, and when war starts though).

Also, adding an a siege change to the OP.
ATM we generate more than enough power per day (140 I believe)
Are buildings gonna jump so much they surpass our current generation? Im still confused (Especially since Power regen seems to go off before power drain).

*Sorry if I'm just missing this, im just really confused :oops:

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel it would be a good idea to be able to sell the dragon egg back to the server for something like 600s,

It would make raiding a bit worthwhile ect because if a village has 3 eggs, you can sell them back to the town for 3000s, or sell all three of them to the server for 1800s. So the raiders would make money either way.

I just get the feeling that needs to be there :)

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I feel it would be a good idea to be able to sell the dragon egg back to the server for something like 600s,

It would make raiding a bit worthwhile ect because if a village has 3 eggs, you can sell them back to the town for 3000s, or sell them to the server for 600s. So the raiders would make money either way.

I just get the feeling that needs to be there :)
You wouldnt sell them back to the town for 3k, you'd over chrage them (The point is they don't have to try and get other eggs)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Final (unless I missed something and need to change it quick) Township 3.2 notes are on the OP. The wiki team is getting a copy of the new data to udpate the wiki with.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Due to the way the cindy and I changed how townships store player data, you may see towns you used to be a member of show up when you do /to who. You will not have permissions in those old towns, but you will need to /to remove yourself again to clear it, or the owner of the town can.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
With the new council buildings, do I have to upgrade to each of them before I can upgrade to the Town hall. My town is a Village.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know if I should put it here, but I'm waiting on my Hamlet to get the Council Room upgraded to a Sitting Chamber so I can purchase the Village tier. Thanks!

Edit: It's a sitting chamber, thank you

Last edited:

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
Is there any chance of getting a accurate power usage chart per building? Is it per activation for some and per day for others? Why are some farms -1 power but are are not listed as using power?

Why in the world would i spend 1000s on a dragon egg for -15 tax souls, when I can buy a structure that can triple that profit for the same price