• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 2.0: What went wrong? What do we want?

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
I want to throw out a different opinion and possibly one that has not been considered by the admins and moderating team, as-well as the general player-base. Why not revamp the current township plugin and fix the 'problems' that it has. This in my opinion would be easier to do, would be less confusing for the player base and would allow more time to be spent on things that will be more beneficial to keeping players on the server and even bringing back some of the players who left.

============================================Township 2.0 (the current system)==========================

FIX TAXES, this will allow for inactive towns to die, and would put pressures on people owning a town. I don't know much about code but even without editing the plugin we could go back to the manual system we used on previous maps as a temporary substitute. Taxes were an essential part of the plugin that helped the server create communities, people would actually recruit players to towns in order to help with taxes, there would be pressure on mayors to keep towns active and well funded. You can have a money sink without having to add an over complicated new plugin that has obviously created a lot of negative backlash.

FIX TOWNSHIP/KINGDOM REQUIREMENTS, I mean 50 dragon eggs is impossible to get I have seen 3 since the inception of the map. Furthermore it is really hard to acquire the large amount of special items that drop. This lowers the incentive of people to expand once they have a hamlet as it is to hard and to expensive. This is a slight tweak that would lower the requirement costs to something achievable and realistic would see towns prosper and expand.

These are 2 really simple changes that I'm sure most players would agree with, and do not require mass amounts of effort and will help remove this 'change is bad' attitude that is deterring players away.

======================================Township 3.0 (the new system)===================================

I'd also like to list our main gripes with the township 3.0 system that is in test atm.

I feel I speak for the players most vocal against the plugin and test world, when the main gripe with the 3.0 system atm is pvp defenses being used in a way that is preventative to pvp. These defensive structures, (Arrow Turret, 25% Damage Boost, DOT when present in enemy town) are working perfectly on preventing pvp on the test map, these extreme defense are needed as one town has a majority of pve players vsing a town of pvpers, however on the pvp server, where people want to pvp and are all reasonably skilled, the defenses are so over-powered that every time you would raid, you would lose. The pvp community are the ones who are most vocal agaisnt this, and are the ones who will ultimately be left with this when the system goes live. (For the love of town pvp, please remove all of this.)

The second element of pvp defenses and in my opinion the part that is worst of all, is pvp safe-zones. "It really really really really sucks to be chasing someone, keeping them in combat, only to have them run into a house and becoming invulnerable. take them out! The walls of your structures should be what keeps you safe not the magic room of invulnerability." - Ahrall. This is also something that will only affect the pvp server, and again the pvp community is in outrage about it. I would even go as far to say that pvp safe zones encourage camping, as the only cheap and effective way to lower power is to kill players, who will sit in their safe-zones to prevent death.

In addition, as fun as it would sound I would not like to be able to permanently destroy a town and be able to grief it using tnt cannons in order to fully destroy it's region. Hell, being able to remove a region at all is wrong in my opinion and will deter new players away as they see their base getting destroyed by veterans with seemingly endless money. This server has been 100% against grief since it's inception and being able to blow up town regions (after you have lowered their power) in my opinion goes against everything this server stands for. Players work hard putting in time and money on their towns and the fact that they can be sieged down and destroyed is a negative mark. This was also the main cause of problems with the tnt inception, and a 'regeneration' effect was necessary to stop all mass rage.

Furthermore, mandated building is something I do not feel is healthy for the server, more specifically the individualism of each and every building in the town. Currently as the system is each player is assigned to a house within the town, and not only that but with regulated sizes and regulated blocks (I mean why? if people want to have unique and creative houses let them). The primary house a shack is a mere 7x7x7, contrasting the current 15x15x15 or 21x21x21 plots that you will regularly see on live map towns. Yes they can be upgraded, but why should you be forced to pay more money to upgrade to a reasonable house size that will allow for creativity. Secondly individual houses require every player to be active to keep them generating power/souls/items for the town and also create 'residence esq' buildings or 'nanny state' houses that prevents townies from even opening doors of townies houses. It's almost like player residences in towns and that has been a serious issue for town mayors previously. (I think it was banned, not 100% sure)

Finally from the aspect of newer players this system is to complicated. Okay so I want to make a town with my friends, I'll need 5 'shack's' a council room, I'll need a farm too. I'll need to keep xx building constantly fed xx item and I'm not sure what items, I'll go check the wiki and spend hours working out what I'm going to do. While it might be cheaper for them to make a town from scratch (not 100% sure because all income on the test map was generated a lot faster as souls where worth 4 times as much.) It is more complicated and there is more chance something could go wrong. As it did on test 2 where we accidentally destroyed our own town due to inexperience with the plugin, if we where having issues with it what hope would that innocent lost soul and his friends have? This is also further enhanced as a town expands, it needs more buildings with more requirements and more upkeep. This even applies to besieging other towns. It costs 3700 souls to make a tnt cannon that can shoot at other towns, not just because you need the cannon, but because you need a command tent and an outpost all with set blocks and upkeep.

==================================What we should do instead=============================================

Below is just a list of things that I feel needs more attention, and what we should do instead of devoting the server efforts to a township system that has received a really negative response.

-Samurai, This has been promised for a while and I think this is something the community wants. It has been work in progress for ages due to lack of coders and I feel it would be an awesome class to have finished. There are also a majority of older players that would appreciate this as the Samurai class has been etched in to Herocraft history.

-Finish all balance patches,
Z9JAFhR.png

We are still in a hiatus following the Warrior Balancing, and some of the support classes/warrior classes need to be revised. I understand issues have come up including illness but this should have been looked at and work been made. I understand that some classes may need total reworks and that this will take time but according to the Heroes Balance Area, all work has clearly stopped. It is no October 13th and this road-map, has not been followed to due focused efforts in the new township system.

-Make Lost Soul easier to level, or more enjoyable. Despite some claims that pvp/camping of lost souls is the main cause for players leaving the server, every new player that joins is unlikely to stay because they are being ripped apart by mobs. Maybe something like a passive damage reduction against them? (Even opening this discussion will be a positive step in the right direction.) In all other video games, mmos ect, the game gets harder as you go on, on HeroCraft there is a stark contrast as leveling lost soul is some of the hardest challenges you can do here.

-Controversial opinion here, but remove some of the more complicated aspects of heroes to cater for new players joining the server. I am referring to attributes and reagents. Attributes really do nothing in terms of customization (except for armor) and add another layer of complication that is frankly, not needed. This is also the same for reagents, for veterans it is a bother to have the items and can force some classes to be out of action when they die due to the importance of reagent skills in their kit, (wizard, ninja, druid) this also makes it hard for new players who do not have an abundance of these items. (I would be fine with keeping reagents for some out of combat skills that are pretty essential, such as gtp revive and teleport.)

-Add a macro-mod tutorial, the plugin is pretty much required for the server and a simple easy to understand tutorial would go miles in helping players on the server.

-Mythic mobs have been promised for a while, and after testing them out with Phoenix_Frenzy they seem awesome and I want them on live, this would also help create activity for players on the server and a big reason to play.

-This in my opinion will create a situation similar to what is happening at the moment with Townships 3.0 (to much attention in one place), is adventure map, I know a lot of players are keen for something like this and if implemented well, would be amazing and create heaps of server activity.

-More EVENTS, those doubloon hunts whilst had problems where fun, the zombie one was great (got a bit excessive, but a step in the right direction) but more importantly the addition of conquest have been great things that create pvp and server activity, we should be having an event every week, and by event I mean something on the live server, not to drag players away to a test server that does not have a large impact on the live servers. Players love events, have more of them.

=====================================Thank You=================================================
tldr; get rid of townships 3.0 (or seriously revamp it), fix up the current system and work on stuff that the players actually want.

EDIT 1; grammar and spelling
EDIT 2; another suggestion on what to do, a macro-mod tutorial
EDIT 3; 3 more suggestions - mythic mobs and adventure map and more EVENTS

Last edited:

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I feel I speak for the players most vocal against the plugin and test world, when the main gripe with the 3.0 system atm is pvp defenses being used in a way that is preventative to pvp.
Yeah I kind of stopped reading here. 3.0 is still in testing, hence why it's on a test server. Just because you personally don't like it now doesn't mean the whole project has to be scraped. Also the whole one person representing a group/community isn't really tasteful.

Though I will say most of the things you brought up are being discussed on staff forums, and actively I might add.

Edit-
-Not saying 3.0 is perfect, I'm just going to hold judgement until it's actually "finished"
-Main issue people have with the current towns is that they're just giant protected boxes. Little raiding can be done, they require too many people to maintain, and they hardly feel like "towns" at all.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
I would be open to townships 3.0, but I am not happy with the direction it is at, and heading towards. If there are serious revamps made that simplify it and allow us pvpers an input in how town siege/town defense should go, I would be more accepting towards it.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
...allow us pvpers an input in how town siege/town defense should go, I would be more accepting towards it.

Everyone is more than welcome to suggest things on the forum about it. So far though it has only been a gripefest of how unfair it is. Please, please make some suggestions for town defenses. And please don't let it just be "the only defense should be your townmates" because we already know that some towns have better PvPers than others and that won't solve anything. However getting ideas from PvPers on how to actually improve defenses would be awesome

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@MalaWolf gets da winner here, I would only be more interested in the new town plugin if the devs actually listened to both sides of the story instead of being 1 sided, I really didn't even see a need for the new plugin anyway except to fix taxes. What happened to things like adventure...? nobody is talking about it anymore because we don't really have a goal or anything to work towards besides being put on a team.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm not directing this post at you persay, Lightning. You just offer a good point of transitioning between topics.
Yeah I kind of stopped reading here. 3.0 is still in testing, hence why it's on a test server. Just because you personally don't like it now doesn't mean the whole project has to be scraped. Also the whole one person representing a group/community isn't really tasteful.
The DH staff has always had something against saying "I speak for the playerbase" and with good reason. You're right, it isn't tasteful. That being said, I haven't seen a single person other than those directly involved with the plugin itself receive it well at all.

One of the many problems here is that we have a group of uber experienced players who really enjoy what they have in the current system. From here on we'rll refer to them as 'PlayersX'. In their eyes this group of players is the playerbase. We have hundreds of people who pass through the server never to return. We have many others who the new plugin will effect minimally due to the fact that some of them aren't in towns, and most importantly aren't in PvP. This is important because every thing involved with war and any sort of fighting is straight nullified in PvE which is the group the the developers are catering to. I stand up for both maps a lot, usually when the other is in the wrong: PvPers wanted PvE dead and I said that that wasn't the answer, and now PvE essentially wants PvP dead and I'll say it again - It's not the answer!

I'd like to continue by saying that I've never even visited the siege server, it doesn't interest me and I have no desire to see the upcoming plugin, that doesn't translate however, into me not liking the plugin, I'm just not excited by it. That being said, I've only heard horror stories about the siege server: Raiding is impossible and simply discouraged, towns can be ruined by misplacing a sign, you can make infinite money off of a 1k investment, ect.

If any of these stories are even remotely true, then I have no desire to partake in the new plugin, and correct me if I'm wrong but these are the exact concerns that PlayersX are voicing. You can't honestly say that a vast minority of players feel this way, and while I don't agree that MalaWolf represents most of the playerbase, I honestly believe that about half will stand by him in one way or another, and that's a number worth listening to.

I don't have all the details and I most certainly don't have all the answers, but I know that if we don't listen to our community then there will soon be no community to listen to. Take what you will from this post, but know that neither petty squabbles nor vague accusations will get us anywhere. I feel that there is a finger pointing game between a lot of people and we all need to come together at a table of brotherhood and discuss these things like men. We can kick and scream and stomp our feet but it will accomplish less than civil conversation.

For what it's worth, that's my 2s.

EDIT: Words

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think it's also important to consider how newer players feel about the plugin. With the heroes system being infinitely complicated for new players (and sometimes old players), adding a new townships plugin that is even more complicated could keep new players from staying. As much as I like the new plugin, I can sometimes doubt how it will help new players stay and old players not leave.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it's also important to consider how newer players feel about the plugin. With the heroes system being infinitely complicated for new players (and sometimes old players), adding a new townships plugin that is even more complicated could keep new players from staying. As much as I like the new plugin, I can sometimes doubt how it will help new players stay and old players not leave.
these words are like how bakers make bread, bloody good. Everyone should read that last sentence.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not directing this post at you persay, Lightning. You just offer a good point of transitioning between topics.

The DH staff has always had something against saying "I speak for the playerbase" and with good reason. You're right, it isn't tasteful. That being said, I haven't seen a single person other than those directly involved with the plugin itself receive it well at all.

One of the many problems here is that we have a group of uber experienced players who really enjoy what they have in the current system. From here on we're refer to them as 'PlayersX'. In their eyes this group of players is the playerbase. We have hundreds of people who pass through the server never to return. We have many others who the new plugin will effect minimally due to the fact that some of them aren't in towns, and most importantly aren't in PvP. This is important because every thing involved with war and any sort of fighting is straight nullified in PvE which is the group the the developers are catering to. I stand up for maps when the other is in the wrong, PvPers wanted PvE dead and I said that that wasn't the answer, and now PvE essentially wants PvP dead and I'll say it again - It's not the answer!

I'd like to continue by saying that I've never even visited the siege server, it doesn't interest me and I have no desire to see the upcoming plugin, that doesn't translate however, into me not liking the plugin, I'm just not excited by it. That being said, I've only heard horror stories about the siege server: Raiding is impossible and simply discouraged, towns can be ruined by misplacing a sign, you can make infinite money off of a 1k investment, ect.

If any of these stories are even remotely true, then I have no desire to partake in the new plugin, and correct me if I'm wrong but these are the exact concerns that PlayersX are voicing. You can't honestly say that a vast minority of players feel this way, and while I don't agree that MalaWolf represents most of the playerbase, I honestly believe that about half will stand by him in one way or another, and that's a number worth listening to.

I don't have all the details and I most certainly don't have all the answers, but I know that if we don't listen to our community then there will soon be no community to listen to. Take what you will from this post, but know that neither petty squabbles nor vague accusations will get us anywhere. I feel that there is a finger pointing game between a lot of people and we all need to come together at a table of brotherhood and discuss these things like men. We can kick and scream and stomp our feet but it will accomplish less than civil conversation.

For what it's worth, that's my 2s.
While I can not touch on all of these topics, in a short post ( Headaches OP ) I can assure you the Unlimited money issue is not to worry about. The town Plugin is quite expensive, and paying 100s to get 20s per day isn't really going to go anywhere but strait into town. ( As it costs more than 20s per HOUR to keep it up ) So... Good Luck with getting unlimited money XD

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Everyone is more than welcome to suggest things on the forum about it. So far though it has only been a gripefest of how unfair it is. Please, please make some suggestions for town defenses. And please don't let it just be "the only defense should be your townmates" because we already know that some towns have better PvPers than others and that won't solve anything. However getting ideas from PvPers on how to actually improve defenses would be awesome
You do realize that the better pvpers will also get these defenses right, so it's still even

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
"I feel I speak for the players most vocal against the plugin and test world, when the main gripe with the 3.0 system atm is pvp defenses being used in a way that is preventative to pvp. These defensive structures, (Arrow Turret, 25% Damage Boost, DOT when present in enemy town) are working perfectly on preventing pvp on the test map, these extreme defense are needed as one town has a majority of pve players vsing a town of pvpers, however on the pvp server, where people want to pvp and are all reasonably skilled, the defenses are so over-powered that every time you would raid, you would lose. The pvp community are the ones who are most vocal agaisnt this, and are the ones who will ultimately be left with this when the system goes live. (For the love of town pvp, please remove all of this.)"

1. The only input we are currently getting is from the “pve” town for structures to help keep raiders out. The turret does not instantly do 3 hearts of damage. It starts off weak, easily disabled, and not very accurate. When it is a max turret it then does 3 hearts of damage, still easily disabled, and still inaccurate at times. Also keep in mind that if any blocks are in the way the turret will not be able to shoot you. So if you create structures around the arrow turret so those will be protected you are also taking away the usefulness of the turret. The 25% damage boost actually does not do much at all. I tested this and it is a very minimal change that really I don't mind if we throw out or not. We were just testing an idea that someone had so we could see how it worked out. The poison when you enter a town was actually NERFED by MY REQUEST. Multi wanted it to do more damage, but I felt it was too much and would prevent PVP. This was actually an idea of mine for the poison. I wanted to test it. That is why it is a TEST. I like the idea of a home advantage or an underdog feature. The poison I think is a neat idea, but maybe activate if there is an enemy inside the town longer than 1 or 2 minutes. It was to prevent camping outside peoples houses for hours. I want to see PVP and even players from BOTH teams want to see PVP, but there is a difference between PVP and camping/harassment. Right now we are not testing Heroes or how effective camping is. We are focused on the plugin and the plugin mechanics. The actual structures. We know there will be PVP in the live server, but for the purpose of the PLUGIN TEST we need to test the PLUGIN. I want all structures and mechanics tested. After we know that there are no bugs, THEN we can discuss the PVP aspect. Right now we have some plans to include more defenses and offenses, but we need to know how the CURRENT structures work. When those get tested we can add in offense and defense. There is mention of a random teleporter for the offense. What else would you guys like to see? What about a region that temp jams the effect of the poison within the town long enough for a raid rush? Or a region that makes the enemy town members take damage or deal less damage or silences spells or whatever you think they need so raiders can rush? We have the input from the defending town's point of view, but just let us know what you think should be added. We never ignore suggestions from any players to make the plugin better, but I am tired of hearing that the plugin is bad when we just want to test an idea. Give us an idea you guys want. I would love to see STRATEGIC PVP. That is what I want.

"The second element of pvp defenses and in my opinion the part that is worst of all, is pvp safe-zones. "It really really really really sucks to be chasing someone, keeping them in combat, only to have them run into a house and becoming invulnerable. take them out! The walls of your structures should be what keeps you safe not the magic room of invulnerability." - Ahrall. This is also something that will only affect the pvp server, and again the pvp community is in outrage about it. I would even go as far to say that pvp safe zones encourage camping, as the only cheap and effective way to lower power is to kill players, who will sit in their safe-zones to prevent death."

2. Yes when we first had the Townships up on the test server Combat Flags were not working properly. This was something we were trying to fix in the second test, but something kept making it active. I believe someone should have a safe place to go in the town or even logout and login to the town. If you are hit you are put into combat and can chase someone into their house and kill them, but if they are in their house organizing chests and you walk in expecting to kill them you can't. What I have gathered is you want more ways to lower power from a town that can be easily accessible and fairly cheaper? Why not just say that? We can make a region that drains some power from an enemy town. Or even make a region that reverses the effects of a town that has power generators and make all the power generators actually drain power from the town instead. This would actually be a stealthy way to drain some power from the town and get the power low and weak. Then raiders can kill members to lower more power and do something else too. Most towns don't keep an eye on the town power and may not notice their power generators are instead draining power until it is too late. ;)

"In addition, as fun as it would sound I would not like to be able to permanently destroy a town and be able to grief it using tnt cannons in order to fully destroy it's region. Hell, being able to remove a region at all is wrong in my opinion and will deter new players away as they see their base getting destroyed by veterans with seemingly endless money. This server has been 100% against grief since it's inception and being able to blow up town regions (after you have lowered their power) in my opinion goes against everything this server stands for. Players work hard putting in time and money on their towns and the fact that they can be sieged down and destroyed is a negative mark. This was also the main cause of problems with the tnt inception, and a 'regeneration' effect was necessary to stop all mass rage."

3. We have creeper heal on so TNT cannot destroy blocks permanently. When blocks are regenerated the town can go in and rebuild the structures and patch any holes. Maybe we can do something so if the owner tries to make the town again they get a reduced fee? We are open to so many ideas just give us suggestions and we will see what we can do.

"Furthermore, mandated building is something I do not feel is healthy for the server, more specifically the individualism of each and every building in the town. Currently as the system is each player is assigned to a house within the town, and not only that but with regulated sizes and regulated blocks (I mean why? if people want to have unique and creative houses let them). The primary house a shack is a mere 7x7x7, contrasting the current 15x15x15 or 21x21x21 plots that you will regularly see on live map towns. Yes they can be upgraded, but why should you be forced to pay more money to upgrade to a reasonable house size that will allow for creativity. Secondly individual houses require every player to be active to keep them generating power/souls/items for the town and also create 'residence esq' buildings or 'nanny state' houses that prevents townies from even opening doors of townies houses. It's almost like player residences in towns and that has been a serious issue for town mayors previously. (I think it was banned, not 100% sure)"

4. We just give max sizes allowed. You can really make a very small shack or house. The MAX size for a shack is 7x7x7. You CAN make it 7x5x4. The blocks that are outside that region will still be protected so you can make a yard or w.e. you want just the max size for a protection is 7x7x7. Inside a town you can have a 7x7x7 shack, but outside the town you are allowed to have an individual shelter. I would have to check those sizes, but it is bigger than 7x7x7 and stays 100% protected until you have not used or stepped inside your shelter for like a week or 2. Houses always drain power every day. If the owner also wants souls every day, then they place food in their housing. They don't NEED to do so. The house won't blow up if you don't. It would just be more beneficial to the player or town to have an active member in that house. This keeps active players in town and can switch inactive players to other areas. The regulated blocks are not that bad. We just require that you don't have dirt shacks and houses in a town. If you want more blocks then just tell us which ones you want added on the list. I had talked about possibly having only a main building material and a secondary building material, but just make suggestions and they will be looked at.

"Finally from the aspect of newer players this system is to complicated. Okay so I want to make a town with my friends, I'll need 5 'shack's' a council room, I'll need a farm too. I'll need to keep xx building constantly fed xx item and I'm not sure what items, I'll go check the wiki and spend hours working out what I'm going to do. While it might be cheaper for them to make a town from scratch (not 100% sure because all income on the test map was generated a lot faster as souls where worth 4 times as much.) It is more complicated and there is more chance something could go wrong. As it did on test 2 where we accidentally destroyed our own town due to inexperience with the plugin, if we where having issues with it what hope would that innocent lost soul and his friends have? This is also further enhanced as a town expands, it needs more buildings with more requirements and more upkeep. This even applies to besieging other towns. It costs 3700 souls to make a tnt cannon that can shoot at other towns, not just because you need the cannon, but because you need a command tent and an outpost all with set blocks and upkeep."

5. Yes it may seem a little complicated, but a quick overview of how regions work make it not so bad. Every region has an unlock cost and a build cost. Only need to unlock it once and each time you build it you will be charged the build cost. Some regions require inputs. Put those items in to make it work. They are used each time the region generated the output. Some require reagents. Put those items in the chest and they are needed, but never used. Outputs are what you get. Super regions require certain structures. Just use /to info tribe or /to hamlet to look at what you need (OR if you are still lost try to create the region and it will tell you what you are still missing. ;) Often this is what I do.). Yes test 2 did not go as planned because of inexperience of the plugin. That is why I set up the event this way. Dutchgirl619 actually had never played in a siege event before this one. Neither did Jonsoon. Look at what they were able to do by themselves. Sure just a few questions here and there, but all of which could have been found on the wiki. Yes we discussed the costs and we discussed possibly lowering the costs OR we could buff the damage. Let us know what you think would be better.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
@Dutchgirl619 @DaBur @malikdanab @MariusAbyssal @Naxet91 @devotedworker and anyone else who has been active from Amoria. We have heard extensively from the more vocal of Sanmak-kol but not much from Amoria. What are your take always from Townships 3.0? I know that when I first joined Herocraft I didn't know what a township plugin was and over the past year I am still learning about our current plugin. The learning curve is steep. This being said yes, Township 3.0 is new and different and will have its own learning curve. For someone who knows all the in's and out's of the current system they may see it as complicated. Knowing little of the current system though I myself find it no more complicated than what we have now.

I've heard complaints about it being restrictive. How so? Nearly all blocks are incorporated into the config files. If one is missing it can easily be added. In fact there are more block options in this than engineers have for bridges. Size restrictions? Nothing says that you can't overflow the building region so long as the minimum requirements are met for the region you have bought. I've done this in my builds. The number of blocks required for a build actually leave a lot of leeway, you can meet the requirements and still have over half of the region to use whatever blocks you want. Want an "L" shape build? Make the region on one side of the "L" the overall super region still protects your build much like the current system. The new region protections will be effective in the regioned part of the build.

I've heard how the PVP crowd doesn't like that they can't kill people inside the towns. I honestly don't get this one. I agree that the damage buff was ridiculous, it was subsequently removed. The poison damage to attackers? Over the top if it is on all the time. Rebalance the cost, damage applied, and add a cool down to it. What I'm reading is "if we can't waltz into a town and kill who we want and take what we want, it's no fun for us" am I reading it wrong? I'm a member of Sanmak- kol and I'm pro PVP when it doesn't devolve into "I killed you, now I'll sit here and kill you again and again till your death chest timer is up and I can take everything you have while you are naked and can't fight back" (this has been my experience with PVP repeatedly on live, never anything else)

I have not heard though what Amoria doesn't like about the plugin. Are costs too high? Region sizes restrictive? Too easy to upgrade? Missing block choices? What do you not like/want to see changed?

I also have not heard from Sanmak-kol what you DO like about the plugin... Honestly have you tried doing anything with it yet other that to reduce the opposing towns power via killing town members? Am I causing a detriment by being responsible for building the town and creating the regions? if so i can pass this off to one of the town leaders.

What we need to do here is an After Action Review (anyone here with a military background should be familiar with this... annoying after a long day in the field but definitely worth the time!) essentially this comes down to this:

- What was supposed to happen?

- What did happen?

- What are some improves?

- What are some sustains?

- What can be done to improve the training (plugin) next time (for live servers)?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@agedbear actually yes I have tried other things with the plugin and actually made my own tribe

@Phoenix_Frenzy after this I will most likely stop posting and giving any input because it has been flat out ignored, defenses don't matter on PVE, they only matter on PVP which is the community that is outraged and hate what you are doing, first you make the entire town a safezone, then give so many advantages that a defender can easily 2v1. We have given our response but instead you are trying to cater to the ones we are killing. Let's say MG were to raid Hollywood 5v5 and which many of them have a lot of money because it is so easy to get, they keep the poison up... Who do think will win? It eliminates the ENTIRE POINT of PVP in or around towns. I really hope you change this or don't put it on PVP, I can guarantee that you will make practically ALL of the remaining pvpers if it is put in now.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
@agedbear actually yes I have tried other things with the plugin and actually made my own tribe

@Phoenix_Frenzy after this I will most likely stop posting and giving any input because it has been flat out ignored, defenses don't matter on PVE, they only matter on PVP which is the community that is outraged and hate what you are doing, first you make the entire town a safezone, then give so many advantages that a defender can easily 2v1. We have given our response but instead you are trying to cater to the ones we are killing. Let's say MG were to raid Hollywood 5v5 and which many of them have a lot of money because it is so easy to get, they keep the poison up... Who do think will win? It eliminates the ENTIRE POINT of PVP in or around towns. I really hope you change this or don't put it on PVP, I can guarantee that you will make practically ALL of the remaining pvpers if it is put in now.

I know that you built a a tribe (sorry i didnt region it for you to save on the cost :( my play time is limited and i wanted to get NeoSanmak up and running first) you were one of the few people actually doing stuff with it Trazil, however a Tribe is rather limited. As of now NeoSanmak has 4 members and we can not build any new structures or upgrade to hamlet since no one else from the town is online. Current owners are myself and Malawolf so we can add new townsfolk. Current town members are you and _D4sssy, and our bank is only at 550 souls + about 1.5k in my bank from donations. we need activity and souls to further test other structures for the plugin so we can give constructive feedback.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I know that you built a a tribe (sorry i didnt region it for you to save on the cost :( my play time is limited and i wanted to get NeoSanmak up and running first) you were one of the few people actually doing stuff with it Trazil, however a Tribe is rather limited. As of now NeoSanmak has 4 members and we can not build any new structures or upgrade to hamlet since no one else from the town is online. Current owners are myself and Malawolf so we can add new townsfolk. Current town members are you and _D4sssy, and our bank is only at 550 souls + about 1.5k in my bank from donations. we need activity and souls to further test other structures for the plugin so we can give constructive feedback.
It's fine we raided Amoria and I got like 1k souls, diamonds emeralds gold and other stuff lol. It's my evil cult tribe to Truzle :mad: Rawr he will burn Amoria to the ground!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Would have shacks and things but needed more money and with school and hockey I can't play much ( it is way too grind heavy and no life = win)

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Behold the Death of PvP lol not really...
6spawuC.jpg

I've nerfed poison, I've removed the damage buff, houses don't protect you in combat, and I'm giving you guys teleporters to get you into bigger towns. Also siegecannons got a 30% cost reduction

Last edited: