• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Test #2 --- Warring Towns! Thursday 10/02/14

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I stole the redstone out of the Chest... There was plenty of Redstone in the Town Concil room, so just FYI :D
Did you have to open a door/doors? Because when we were at your town we could not open any doors. But when Malik/Jupiter were at our town they opened our doors

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Our town hall doors have pressure plates on them! I guess anyone can open? I didn't figure this out when I was killed down there by an enemy town player who cleared the whole carrot farm :(.

Did you have to open a door/doors? Because when we were at your town we could not open any doors. But when Malik/Jupiter were at our town they opened our doors

Ok, this is odd, how can this be happening?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I tried to tell Mala and co to keep redstone in the chest inside the council room...

Sanmak-kol may not have had power @WitchOnaRampage due to not keeping reagents in the buildings

I understood from @Multitallented that players might not want to have redstone in the chest all the time because you'd be burning 90 souls per hour to get 3 power per hour. I understood the regions would still stand - but my concern is that without the reagents the town hall became vulnerable to TNT because of the flag I posted before - Village has "deny_explosion" - and I'm trying to understand the effect of this.

So quite apart from the redstone being stolen, I might have mis-advised the town members on this.

However! The town had 675 power when I headed off to bed last night. I don't see how this could all have gone in enough time to make the town vulnerable to a tier downgrade.

No, I think it's that flag issue. I'm guessing this is being discussed in game and on TS, but it would be helpful to have answers here where they're being asked, please.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
I understood from @Multitallented that players might not want to have redstone in the chest all the time because you'd be burning 90 souls per hour to get 3 power per hour. I understood the regions would still stand - but my concern is that without the reagents the town hall became vulnerable to TNT because of the flag I posted before - Village has "deny_explosion" - and I'm trying to understand the effect of this.

So quite apart from the redstone being stolen, I might have mis-advised the town members on this.

However! The town had 675 power when I headed off to bed last night. I don't see how this could all have gone in enough time to make the town vulnerable to a tier downgrade.

No, I think it's that flag issue. I'm guessing this is being discussed in game and on TS, but it would be helpful to have answers here where they're being asked, please.

ok i got this from Pheonix:

at the start of it mala added everyone as owner of the town

then one of the people added themself as owner of the library and took all the books to make an outpost and in the process they disabled the library which disabled the town and that disabled the tnt protection

so when we went in and destroyed the council room the town was then destroyed

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Hmmm, when I was last on, the library hadn't been regioned, it was just a building.

I understand a Village needs 1 hall, 5 homes and 1 farm. I would question whether all those structures are still there, however.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
Hmmm, when I was last on, the library hadn't been regioned, it was just a building.

I understand a Village needs 1 hall, 5 homes and 1 farm. I would question whether all those structures are still there, however.

they farms were gone when we went to tnt them

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

What I heard was the town had destroyed its own buildings to get the books for an outpost, which I must note the Library was viod all books... so there might be some fact in that and destroying your own buildings would lower your power, and that might have been what happened. I also head that a town member disabled regions... but I know for sure is we placed TNT next to building and the town fell... o_o

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Ok, I finally have clarity on this after discussing it with Multi.

For future reference, the town region went down because one of the required structures was destroyed. The town size was Village, and it required 1 hall, 5 homes and 1 farm. The farms were destroyed, and thus was the region destroyed, and so the town hall was vulnerable to TNT.

The wording of the competition is interesting here. Amoria did in fact take down Sanmak-kol's council room. But this was only achievable because Sanmak-kol had already destroyed the township region.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
They hadn't destroyed the township region. They had temporarily disabled their tnt protections by destroying that farm. They could re-enable the tnt protections by rebuilding the farm.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
True, I checked with a non-town member who I thought had been opening doors - what I'd been hearing was him opening gates. However the council room WAS accessible to non-town members because the door was placed on the outside of the building and thus was outside the region. Also good to note is the safest place to put the door is one block inside the region because doors flush with the outer wall can be opened with redstone (or could when it was demonstrated to me). Noting this here for general information.

They hadn't destroyed the township region. They had temporarily disabled their tnt protections by destroying that farm. They could re-enable the tnt protections by rebuilding the farm.
Ah, all so subtle. So this explains why the region was still up when I was checking for it after the farms were destroyed.

But... how would town members know? How can town members know that the town region protections have been disabled if the region itself still seems to be up? Is there no warning message or some other way of alerting members of the problem?

Players do need to be alerted somehow that their town region permissions have been disabled.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Note: The way I broke into buildings was by using Telekinesis. Might want to check into that.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
True, I checked with a non-town member who I thought had been opening doors - what I'd been hearing was him opening gates. However the council room WAS accessible to non-town members because the door was placed on the outside of the building and thus was outside the region. Also good to note is the safest place to put the door is one block inside the region because doors flush with the outer wall can be opened with redstone (or could when it was demonstrated to me). Noting this here for general information.

Ah, all so subtle. So this explains why the region was still up when I was checking for it after the farms were destroyed.

But... how would town members know? How can town members know that the town region protections have been disabled if the region itself still seems to be up? Is there no warning message or some other way of alerting members of the problem?

Players do need to be alerted somehow that their town region permissions have been disabled.
Non-town members can't place redstone in your town. They can use telekinesis to open wooden doors and gates. This was not a planned behavior, but I'm not sure if I want to keep it the way things are. I like that it makes places more raid-able, but I don't like that it will make everyone use iron doors.

I've added messaging to /to who Sanmak that shows which regions are missing. Before now, there was an indicator in /to who Sanmak that showed if the town was disabled. Also, when a region in town is destroyed, it will now check to see if the town is disabled. If it is, it will send out a message to all town members warning them to rebuild that region.

_D4sssy_

Wood
This is my first event and I am pretty confused...I logged in a few tines but no one was there and I got lost ....do I go north east south west? Can so done just tell me where to go? Thnx in advance.

P.S @WitchOnaRampage I can't wait to kill you, if I get a chance...

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is my first event and I am pretty confused...I logged in a few tines but no one was there and I got lost ....do I go north east south west? Can so done just tell me where to go? Thnx in advance.

P.S @WitchOnaRampage I can't wait to kill you, if I get a chance...
Ah, sweet lad... :p

D4, the event isn't progressing at the moment. We're waiting to see what's planned next.