• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Test #2 --- Warring Towns! Thursday 10/02/14

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
Just a thought, but add a bit in there so that if they're a lost soul dying to a specced class, they don't lose power. That was proving to be a huge problem.

Add me on to Amoria, on that note.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Not necessarily. I'd say the intent is to give the code a good testing.

@Kainzo:

1. The Siege/Beta portal at spawn doesn't have a sign on it so it will be tricky for less-informed players to find it.

2. When I log out and back in again I'm at the Sanctuary Docks, so there's an annoying run to get back to Beta. Is it possible to set it up that when we log out, we log back in on the Central docks outside the Siege portal, please? (Dunno if this is affecting anyone else, but it's what I'm finding.)

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Not necessarily. I'd say the intent is to give the code a good testing.

@Kainzo:

1. The Siege/Beta portal at spawn doesn't have a sign on it so it will be tricky for less-informed players to find it.

2. When I log out and back in again I'm at the Sanctuary Docks, so there's an annoying run to get back to Beta. Is it possible to set it up that when we log out, we log back in on the Central docks outside the Siege portal, please? (Dunno if this is affecting anyone else, but it's what I'm finding.)
Yes that is a known issue. People who logout or crash in siege are then placed where they logged out last at. Sometimes 1,500 blocks away from spawn in PVE. The only solution we have right now is go to central and logout. When you log back in you will be where you just logged out and then you can enter the siege portal. That is what I have done.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Just a thought, but add a bit in there so that if they're a lost soul dying to a specced class, they don't lose power. That was proving to be a huge problem.

Add me on to Amoria, on that note.
We do have a system in place. I will have to look into the exact numbers, but players who are a certain number in levels apart, then it doesn't lower power for the town. There is also a 3 minute wait incase people die then run to their stuff and die again. If it is within 3 minutes, then the town does not lose power. Tho I had a thought maybe we should take power away from the player's town who is attacking the lost soul. To prevent constant killing of lost souls. I'll talk to Multi about it, but thoughts?

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of having killing lost souls apply no damage to the power have it so the power is only depleted if the person is specialized in either lostsoul or crafter. This way someone will not be able to stay lost soul and just mine like crazy for their town.

In my opinion there is also too much 'No-PvP'. Having it on each and every person's house is a bit much, and way too 'friendly'. Put No-pvp on the main building of the town (Idk if there is a townhall or not because I have not really followed the plugin much).

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
OB5mCyk.png

so we win right?

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Instead of having killing lost souls apply no damage to the power have it so the power is only depleted if the person is specialized in either lostsoul or crafter. This way someone will not be able to stay lost soul and just mine like crazy for their town.

In my opinion there is also too much 'No-PvP'. Having it on each and every person's house is a bit much, and way too 'friendly'. Put No-pvp on the main building of the town (Idk if there is a townhall or not because I have not really followed the plugin much).
For the first part yes this is what I had in mind already. Just want the ok from Multi.
For the second part we need areas of non pvp. Towns will be pretty big and there will be lots of areas for pvp to take place. We just feel the house should be safe. Tho we will be hopefully putting in place combat flags to make it more interesting for pvp.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
So @Multitallented , Village has "deny_explosion", which isn't deny_explosion_no_reagent". Does this mean that if the individual structure/region doesn't have reagents in place, then TNT works on it?

So the town hall didn't have reagents in the region chest and was destroyable by TNT?

But I gained the impression from you that you mightn't want to have reagents in your town hall chest because when you do you're getting 3 power for 90 souls every hour, so that's not something you're wanting to do all the time.

How have I misunderstood? or if I haven't, how does a township protect the town hall from TNT, please?

EDITED TO ADD: In any case, @Trist95 and co, congrats on figuring this out, because this is an example of testing the plug in's complexity which is what I understand we're here for.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
So @Multitallented , Village has "deny_explosion", which isn't deny_explosion_no_reagent". Does this mean that if the individual structure/region doesn't have reagents in place, then TNT works on it?

So the town hall didn't have reagents in the region chest and was destroyable by TNT?

But I gained the impression from you that you mightn't want to have reagents in your town hall chest because when you do you're getting 3 power for 90 souls every hour, so that's not something you're wanting to do all the time.

How have I misunderstood? or if I haven't, how does a township protect the town hall from TNT, please?

EDITED TO ADD: In any case, @Trist95 and co, congrats on figuring this out, because this is an example of testing the plug in's complexity which is what I understand we're here for.
I tried to tell Mala and co to keep redstone in the chest inside the council room...

Sanmak-kol may not have had power @WitchOnaRampage due to not keeping reagents in the buildings
I stole the redstone out of the Chest... There was plenty of Redstone in the Town Concil room, so just FYI :D