• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Policy Vote (consensus)

Should rings allow stealing and PK if not flagged off or LWC'd ?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (give example)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
frostygunna said:
I dont mean to hijack the post, but on the subject of pvp why doesnt herocraft develop something like the purge in buxville. I read about buxville and the purge was a amazing idea, the only bad thing about it is that the whole purge isnt pvp enabled, only a small part of it.

Not only does it refresh resources but there is a risk vs reward aspect thats there. If there would be a way of limiting specific resources to the purge, that would even be better.

As for the subject, im all for it. Anything to add a little flavor to the server.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the purge except for what you implied about it in your post, it sounds like we're already implementing this idea in the FFA world that will be coming out soon. We are, after all, HeroCraft: The Multiverse, and it has been our vision from the beginning to have places such as these somewhere in the multiverse.

Seriously, though, guys. Circle-shaped regions? Can we do this?

Kaliven

Gold
Doreagarde said:
Seriously, though, guys. Circle-shaped regions? Can we do this?

Not currently, REGIONS works on a corner to corner basis, REALMS broke with beta 1.1 and isn't ready to work again,

Realms worked with a pylon point system that let you make any shape you wanted for your areas, its a great thing that we don't have anymore =/

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
All mayors have regions and can turn PVP off in their town. I say let them be responsible for it and stop bothering admins and mods with petty squabbles.

In fact, let's just get rid of the "no PVP in rings" rule. It takes 2 minutes to region your town to turn PVP off, there's no excuse for people even being ABLE to PVP in your town.

Stealing in towns should remain punishable by bannhammer, of course.

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
PVP and theft in rings is a yes for me, Im a consistent baron for lwc and anti-PvPing so it doesnt bother me!

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally think that PvP would be awesome in towns but stealing? Honestly i think the stealing would just cause more problems than the mods/admins would want. If you allow this there will be a lot more crying about it. While i agree lazy mayor's should have something done against them on the lwc trip, allowing stealing from towns is not the way to go.

Angusward

Gold
MatTripp said:
I personally think that PvP would be awesome in towns but stealing? Honestly i think the stealing would just cause more problems than the mods/admins would want. If you allow this there will be a lot more crying about it. While i agree lazy mayor's should have something done against them on the lwc trip, allowing stealing from towns is not the way to go.

Have a taxmaster come around and check all the chests he can find. If he finds a non-lwc one, he impounds the contents until a fine of 300 coins is payed out of the mayor's pocket.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I wouldn't necessarily agree with stealing in Ringed towns especially since the whole concept of getting a ring is to have safety from getting your house robbed.

PVP on the otherhand... If the town doesn't want pvp allowed then region it off and flag it. HOWEVER, if a town wants the liberty of killing random people that come by and start looking around chests and invading peoples homes without worrying about the rule of asking them to leave the ring three times, I just want to pk the guy because it should be known that you don't go into chests that are designated as private chests and not for the public view.

So PK for mayor and citizens as public defense should be allowed. It should be allowed though for the mayor or sic to change the flags in their town to allow pvp as long as its for good reason or defense etc. However, it shouldn't be allowed to steal in towns unless they are not ringed.