• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Policy Vote (consensus)

Should rings allow stealing and PK if not flagged off or LWC'd ?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (give example)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please tell me what you think. I'm wanting to know how you feel about this new system that may be coming in.

Basically - if a mayor is too lazy to do it - stealing and PK is allowed in townships. Mayors (or their servants) would need to pvp-off areas in town and or LWC their chests for members. MINDLESS BLOCK DESTRUCTION IS STILL BANNABLE NO MATTER WHERE.

Rane

Stone
I think Stealing in town rings is a no-no, But if the owner does not have pvp off I think it should be allowed to kill.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would add a bit more to the game again. If a town doesn't want pvp, it's not hard to region it off, and it stops mistakes where people could get banned. MUCH easier to have it off, or allowed. The stealing doesn't sound as good on second thought, if you read this before I edit'd it just now. There isn't always someone online who can lock the chest for a new member who might want to go out and mine and lots of raging will happen.

EDIT: Edit'd so re read if you read before you saw this sentence.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
Open stealing is bad imo. Being in a town means having your things protected, not in a literal magic spell sense. I dont like open stealing at all. I would lose all sense of security if this were to go on...

Kaliven

Gold
Hmmm this system sounds familiar and one of the big reasons I quit=P

If you think about it region protects chests so only members can open it, so by default that reduces your threats to only those within, IE your own members stealing. LWC can cure this, or doing a child region on each plot and then changing owner of the plots (which is what I do/did) problem solved on a local level.

As for PVP it would CERTAINLY cure the "omg you killed me inside my rings but underground" -- which happens to be a LOT of points of contention, if I was able to kill you, then who's fault is it? -- Hint its your town owner -- who didn't do regions right. Had that problem in Artemis once. As a Villain it REALLY sucks to have to check XY on a theoretical ring, you might not be able to see, cause you're underground, and its night, and the ring is made of smoothstone, cause if your calculations are off, you will get banned. -- On the otherhand, if I attack someone and it says "You're in a pvp protected area" -- oh hey, I guess I know where I am. Its so SIMPLE I don't know why its even a discussion.

As long as you amended the the region guide to better explain how all this works, its a great start to reduction in mod work, no more "waaaaaah someone killed me in my ring" or ... "OMG I GOT STOLEN FROM! in my personal chest" IMHO you should be placing more responsibility on the mayors, and less on the mods/admins, they're overworked policing griefing and stealing complaints in the wild, and answering dumb questions as it is. =P

It would also draw players to towns with smarter more organized members, since its likely their protections would be RIGHT. A sort of natural selection.

Anyway, figured I'd chime in. (but out of respect I did not vote)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
it's a yes for me, we should let a little time for mayor to make the region protection before allowing it, but it's still a yes

so, this will stop complaining about being killed/stoled : if it's possible: it's legal (well, exept in sanctum)

and, ofcourse, we need to make sure the protection is working before any update, but i guess it's allready like that

I see a problem in visiting other towns.

Example: [Town] advertises in trade that their buying gold so [player] herogates to there in order to sell. IF there is no pvp disabled or the [Mayor] is a dick and decides to disable it for a few minutes then the [player] gets ganged in the town and loses all the gold/items they were intending to sell there.

Other than that, I like having the possibility of pvp within towns. it would make walls and defenses actually useful. But as Kainzo has said before: never in history has there been a mutual war; that would be madness.

SO yeah I would like to see this work but I'm still slightly skeptical. (Is that how you spell sceptical? O.O)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
As for the gold part, any town that had ever done that a single time would lose all gold buying opportunities forever, because nobody would trust them anyone.

So, one person gets ganged, nobody else ever goes to the town, town dies, the bad people who did it are denied entrance to other towns, bad people leave, problem solved.

Also, anyone with this worry can simply come to Chronus and sell me allllllllllllllll your goooolllld without dieing.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
supaskwirrel, i don't see any matter here, this server work a lot with thrust and reputation, if a mayor is a dick, people will know, and nobody will sell gold there again

like wolfgang said, if mayor are a dick or lazy: he will kill his own town and lost the thrust of others people

but well, it seem like majority don't want a rule allowing pvp/stealing in town for now, too bad

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I am in favour of this for simplicity's sake. With this, there would be no more "u killed me but when i was under ring" confrontations. As for issues with trading dangers:

SupaSkwirrel said:
[Town] advertises in trade that their buying gold so [player] herogates to there in order to sell. IF there is no pvp disabled or the [Mayor] is a dick and decides to disable it for a few minutes then the [player] gets ganged in the town and loses all the gold/items they were intending to sell there.

This is a valid concern, and one that I think will be fun to have haunt the minds of travelers who aren't sure about the rules in certain towns. If I were [player], and something like this happened to me, I would take my business elsewhere in the future, and advise others to do so as well.

carmeops said:
supaskwirrel, i don't see any matter here, this server work a lot with thrust and reputation, if a mayor is a dick, people will know...

Giggity.

And yeah I'm not sure if it will "solve" the problem of 'you killed me in the ring qq'

qqzone.gif

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Because of the square region it has been said many times that for now mayors are allowed to region outside the ring so that the entire ring can be pvp off, so there will be some pvp off in the corners past the rings as well.

Shenorai

Banned
To me, stealing is an absolute no-no. Not within Sanctum, not within my town, not within your town.

PVP, on the other hand...I can see where having PVP enabled would be a good idea.

1) Should someone be coming into town and causing trouble that the citizens don't like, the citizens should be able to K.O.S. without being bitched at for killing someone else within their rings.

2) Having cities where people could just go and battle does sound like fun, even if I don't do much PVPing myself. Even if it's just a small, designated area where people can gather and fight in an arena. (Which would actually bring some interest back to PVPers, especially if the arena allows gambling. You want a "risk and reward" system? Put up valuables against one another and fight to the death over them!).

3) If someone doesn't want PVP in their town or house (as has been already stated), then just ask the mayor to add/change the region to non-PVP.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
aceshooter11 said:

This is perfect.

Also, can't we do circular regions yet? Have we not yet achieved Circle technology? I thought this was a real thing a while back.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Loved the vid, very appropriate.

I wanna change my vote now. :p So long as the option to stop PvP in regions remains, and chests can be locked and doors protected, I'm fine with it happening in towns. It allows it to happen if the mayor wants it to, and to prevent it if not.

So, If you got killed, it was allowed. If you got stolen from, it was allowed. What's not allowed if griefing, and in town I think that even minor malicious block displacement should be against the rules.

I dont mean to hijack the post, but on the subject of pvp why doesnt herocraft develop something like the purge in buxville. I read about buxville and the purge was a amazing idea, the only bad thing about it is that the whole purge isnt pvp enabled, only a small part of it.

Not only does it refresh resources but there is a risk vs reward aspect thats there. If there would be a way of limiting specific resources to the purge, that would even be better.

As for the subject, im all for it. Anything to add a little flavor to the server.

Raetac

Legacy Supporter 4
Well considering we have BigBrother now, we can check who broke into a chest which was blocked in and send the thief packing for griefing.

As for PvP. We really need some sort of flag system like we had with Realms that could work independently of Regions for our Kingdom system.

Voted Yes on the second proviso.