• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Towns with no structure supporting it? Towns completely enclosed?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd like a bit more clarity on this rule "Floating structures must be supported" actually for my building in NW.

My building is a spaceship, at the bottom it has the engine (big glowing area from snowblocks and redstone lamps). The only reason I ever built anything below it (which I'm looking at redoing) was to give it some form of "support" even though it floats/hovers.
I'd love to be able to remove these "support" structures entirely, leave my building floating/hovering where it is, with the garden on the ground below.​

If I could get an official okay on this that'd be great!
Plus it'd look a lot nicer ;)
I would make a dock that goes high up and connect to it.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I would make a dock that goes high up and connect to it.
Good idea!
I use lifts (like teleporters) to get in and out of the ship. But I could create something of a mooring structure.
Thx 4 that!

Still hope I can just have it hover there. *fingers crossed*

MixxiM

TNT
I thought that was called griefing on this server...
Let me clear some things up.

1. The rule regarding ugly ass walls and domes was put in to place to prevent just that, ugly ass walls and domes. It did not mean that you can't make your base 100% raid proof, which is actually encouraged iirc.

2. The TNT plugin Neotetro is referring to is still in the works, but it will allow you to blast your way in to a regioned area and have the blocks automatically renew themselves, as the name implies.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Both towns need work.

It doesn't mean you need to make a traditional HC town (like the towns of Sanctum), but if it's ugly it's getting taken down. The TNT plugin coming in will make it pointless to have an enclosed town unless you want to keep as much people out as possible.

So if it must be enclosed, or floating, it needs to be pretty, and if floating needs to look convincing. If it's held up by "magic" make it look fucking magical :)

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
As far as Raubtier is concerned (and Kain may need to give an ultimatum) I'm pretty sure the rules were against ugly walls and glass ceilings. It seems to target people who build towns for security over form. But if you can do both, bully for you.

As far as the other place, I'm less certain. The message that pops up every so often does say floating structures need support, but what defines support in the case of flying towns? Skyforge was never removed for it's floatitude. Does that mean a thematic justification counts as support?

SkyForge was not removed for it's "floatitude"(lol) because It is supported in the middle by a pillar. So it does have a structure supporting it. Therefore it is legal

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
SkyForge was not removed for it's "floatitude"(lol) because It is supported in the middle by a pillar. So it does have a structure supporting it. Therefore it is legal
That's what I hear.
The difference with Skyforge @Dazureus is that on all 3 maps it has been supported by a central tower, so it's not completely floating

Of course if I wanted to be contrary I could ask whether a fancy tower qualifies as reasonable support for something the size of Skyforge. But I like Skyforge and it's gone anyhow. Just using it as an example.