• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Towns with no structure supporting it? Towns completely enclosed?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I have came across two towns that may be testing the rules of what is allowed on the server. Granted, they both look nice, but I'm not sure they're exactly legal. Of course, I could be wrong.

1y3blu.jpg

Excelsum (sp?) is way up in the sky, and seemingly the only way to get there is via-lift in a small boxed room.

I believe the other town is called Ruabtier. It's a nice looking pyramid in a desert that is completely closed off.

I fully understand the reason behind building these towns is for ultimate protection. Yet, if every town followed suit, there would never be any raids, would there? Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
As far as Raubtier is concerned (and Kain may need to give an ultimatum) I'm pretty sure the rules were against ugly walls and glass ceilings. It seems to target people who build towns for security over form. But if you can do both, bully for you.

As far as the other place, I'm less certain. The message that pops up every so often does say floating structures need support, but what defines support in the case of flying towns? Skyforge was never removed for it's floatitude. Does that mean a thematic justification counts as support?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
As far as the other place, I'm less certain. The message that pops up every so often does say floating structures need support, but what defines support in the case of flying towns? Skyforge was never removed for it's floatitude. Does that mean a thematic justification counts as support?

If a structure looks like it should float, then it's okay. Like how Zeal looked like it was ripped out of the ground or if a town was supported by helicopter wings. Excelsum doesn't look like it should be floating though. They've put a little lore on their town page telling why it is floating. lol

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
I will look at Excelsum. For Ruabtier, I have accidentally already stumbled upon it. They have a giant pyramid, but there is nothing in the pyramid. It's hollow.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
when I was mayor of excelsum I know we were planning to make the bottom of the island to look presentable. We just had other priorities. We didn't make it floating completely out of defence. We just thought it would be cool to have a town like that. I don't know what those guys are up to now but that is all based off what I knew when I was mayor.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I am a member of Raubtier, the rules are that glass domes are not allowed (dome = half circle type roof). I am pretty sure our pyramid is legal to have, as we follow the rules for township creations well. The pyramid is a temporary site for citizens to live until the main town walls are built. Around the town you can see the town wall being built. The pyramid is not not completely closed off as there is an entrance on the North side of it.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Towns with that kind of architecture must have form and beauty, ie.) No floting dirt blocks. It should look like it floats. I shouldn't look up in the sky and think, "wtf is holding that up?"

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
But yeah I don't see any excuse for Excelsum, I made a pe about it once but it got closed without a comment or anything. :\

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Personally I find floating towns pretty awesome, but I do believe that they should have a central tower where you have a chance of getting through if they forget to close something, sort of like what wolever said, skyforge has always had a central tower holding it up.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd like a bit more clarity on this rule "Floating structures must be supported" actually for my building in NW.

My building is a spaceship, at the bottom it has the engine (big glowing area from snowblocks and redstone lamps). The only reason I ever built anything below it (which I'm looking at redoing) was to give it some form of "support" even though it floats/hovers.
I'd love to be able to remove these "support" structures entirely, leave my building floating/hovering where it is, with the garden on the ground below.​

If I could get an official okay on this that'd be great!
Plus it'd look a lot nicer ;)