• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town of Braavos Creeper Greifed[LO]

Do you think this is ok to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Good, then LightningCape owes me an apology (just kidding... sort of) when it's revealed that I only blew a hole around the perimeter.

masterT007

Iron
Ok here's my story:

I logged on and TheMechMan and petepot(or potpete) where in front of my house.
they said they were new and asked if i could help them.
I came out of my house and said "No, sorry" They both attacked me and killed me before i could close my house.
I returned and got killed like 10 times, finally i got to close my house and got in to safe my chests.

I was staring at them in front of my window, when petepot or potpete lured a creeper in front of it and blew a hole in my house. I got killed again and they looted my chests.
I did everything I could to safe Braavos but i had not weapons except potions. I got killed like 10 more times. At some time I had to go and I left.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
In fact I owe you no apologies, and if Danda finds your name on any of our chests at the time of the explosions....wont be good for you.

I was kidding about the apology, but this is a game, and I followed the rules to your disadvantage, no need to pout. I did go through a few open chests before the whole xFuze thing happened. I must have looked inside 20 empty chests, and 1 chest that actually had stuff in it. I took a few sets of chaimail and redstone. So yes, he will "find my name" on some chests, and I have no idea if that criminalizes me in some way if he's not able to link the time of the griefing and the time of me opening the chests, but masterT007's post should tell you enough.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
"4.1 Breaking into areas otherwise impossible to enter."​
Shh.

Kevin... Danda already stated, twice might I add, that what I did was within the rules. You're beginning to become one of those guys who quote bible passages to explain the workings of life.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
And more bashing from Braavos citizens will be kicked from the town, grow up.

As for this situation, it is wrong, and it is griefing. Easy fix; disable creeper explosions in HeroTowns.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This is sick and wrong. @Danda you should be ashamed of yourself for support this malicious and disgusting behavior.

EDIT: I take some of that back, I wasn't aware at the time of your helpfulness in the situation in game. Sorry Danda!

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
STDS was not responsible for any of the extreme damage in braavos, nor was anyone else in our town, as we were too busy getting our shit pushed in by xfuze outside and inside of our own town for a few hours. At one point he left, and someone said he left because braavos was being raided by someone else. There are obviously so many exploitable things in this game, but only some of which people seem to bitch about. If you think using creepers to break into towns should be illegal, then why isnt using dragoon jump to get over our walls? Yeah, one causes damage and one doesn't, but they both end up doing the same thing. Obviously I think this type of in town griefing should be illegal, but another part thinks the combat aspect of the game is pointless if people can't break into towns somehow. STD trying to 'gain an edge' while creating forum posts trying to ban such edges is obviously stupid of him, and if he had some honor he wouldn't have done it, which probably stresses the need to ban such practices if the people who hate the current situation the most are still doing it.

Pretty funny that all the people in braavos wouldnt expect this from std. I don't know how he managed to pull the wool over your eyes and convince you that he was some sort of model of maturity, yet I get on the towns shit list. Way to weed out those shitty applicants. Despite my immature attitude, I consider myself to be a man of honor and your town probably would have grown to love my class clown antics.

Anyways, creeper damage should probably be turned off in town, but I'm less against using it to break through exterior walls because it spices the game up a bit. I suggest a temporary moratorium on using creepers to blow up walls until this can be figured out. Otherwise there could be chaos as everyone goes around revenge creeping everyone's town.

Either that, or....

afc.gif

malmenca

Diamond
"Griefing
4 Griefing may be defined as:​
4.1 Breaking into areas otherwise impossible to enter.​
4.2 Destroying blocks in another player's structure."​
Using creepers to utterly destroy regioned blocks and player structures is illegal.​
Using creepers to do so could also be included within these rules:​
"1.1 Building or mining within towns without explicit permission from the town's mayor.​
1.2 Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics."​
Danda should read the rules more often, and since all players are to read the rules as they join they'd know this is illegal - thus they are to be punished for their actions.

ROFL these aren't even the fucking rules. Look at the forum rules rofl. The actual rules. And I'm pretty sure disrespecting staff is against the rules. In fact, I'm sure of it.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Just to clarify I'm not trying to throw stds under the bus here, just to say that he was never as mature as you thought. Every thing he has said in this thread is the truth as it happened and he had no intentions of destroying anything in your town other than to break the main exterior

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@malmenca kevinlive wasn't disrespecting staff, he was pointing out a notion to Danda.

Care to contribute something useful to this conversation?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't think anyone in Braavos thought I was a model of maturity, just look at my screen name for goodness sake. I was, however, loyal during my stay, just like I'm currently loyal to Genesis.

The reason I did what I did was because I'm still a little butthurt over our break-up, honey. That, and I knew what level your floor was at since I was a member during it's construction.

As I said earlier, I'm a gamer, and get too involved in video games I'm obsessed with. Only 1 other person on this thread will understand this, but I became 5th in the world playing NHL 2011 by scoring the same goal over and over again. It was called 'the stuff goal'. I fully agree that my tactics were bullshit, but all the winning players were perfecting it, so I had to follow suit.

You play to win the game! You play to win!
But yes, disable creeper damage on all levels in regioned areas, and this problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.