• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town of Braavos Creeper Greifed[LO]

Do you think this is ok to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Just throwing this link here before we begin
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/creeper-damage-off-in-towns.25349/
2q3zvvn.jpg

4rqkup.jpg

2wdzkud.jpg

28bfxqh.jpg

14m3nls.jpg

Pention#1620

If this kind of thing is illegal(which it honestly should be) please punish the people responsible.
If its legal in the case of raiding but not doing it excessively please punish the people responsible, because look at this mess. They had access to all our chests yet they kept using creepers to destroy our homes and hard work. Now, the people who did this are probably going to come on this thread and tell everyone stuff to justify their actions. Crap like this:
-Its hardcore noob, get over it
-Stop crying
-If its illegal then why can we do it?
..etc
Before you ask, no these do not justify excessive greifing and I think that something should be done. This is already a growing issue on the forums as to weather there should be creeper damage on cities or not.

Thanks for you time,

-Light
Edited(things added) 10/7/2012
wisxae.jpg

mw3xvs.jpg

20538dh.jpg

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Creeper griefing should be illegal.

If it is impossible to make it illegal (hard to find out who did it without screenshots/video evidece), then make it so that creepers can't blow holes in townships.

If you can't stop creepers blowing up holes in townships, then make it so they can't blow up blocks anywhere. They already do a lot of damage, so it won't effect much.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I thought last map creeper damage was turned off in townships and I think personal regions as well ((Not positive on the PR)). So it is possible to sort that out, at least I thought.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Creepers don't do block damage in regions. Because the new township system doesn't use regions, creepers can still do damage. Why not just remove block damage all together?

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems silly that creepers can cause the kind of damage to a town that, by dev design, would normally require a high level miner with TNT (which isn't even working yet).

Creeper damage should be disabled in towns if for no other reason than giving miners more value. At the very least creeper damage should regenerate the way TNT damage is planned to regenerate (once it all works).

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
What did they steal? [DOUBLEPOST=1349620772,1349620513][/DOUBLEPOST]Seems like when people raid the town is when I forget to put dirt over my chests. Also whoever did this has noo life. They wait for like 30 min for the creepers to the spawn and then bring it over to blow it up.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Well if someone is fighting a creeper and it explodes and you are under the level where it does break blocks maybe you should light up your town more.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Well if someone is fighting a creeper and it explodes and you are under the level where it does break blocks maybe you should light up your town more.

Yeah, blame it on the victim. You know what, why not tell someone, whos house has been griefed, that they should have made it out of obsidian?

Good god. Do you know how ugly you make towns by placing torches everywhere? It's also a pain in the ass because MOBs can spawn in fully lit areas. Though uncommon, it still happens.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll man up and admit that I was responsible for originally planting the seed of getting into Braavos' base in the first place. I was responsible of digging a staircase going downward to the level where your underground city's floor is. At that point it took luring 4 creepers into the exact location to finally break through 2 layers of stonebrick to get access into your base. At that point one of your town members, Ruka-Samurai or something, came downstairs and was snooping around, probably suspecting something fishy had just went down. He spotted me and my accomplice* and began to run the opposite direction. We chased him to the point where he was about to get hit, until he logged off. At that point 10 minutes later xFuze showed up and proceeded to absolutely crush us repeatedly (Dragoons 4 life).

Throughout this process I had noticed that the hole that was blown at your perimeter had been covered back up by dirt. After xFuze repeatedly killed me and my town members repeatedly to the tune of a 20 kill streak (I'm embaressed at how terrible we did, or at how OP Dragoons are) I logged off for the night.

Now, of course, here comes my 'excuse' for my actions. As you know, as it stands, breaking the barriors to get into a base via creeper explosion is LEGAL. I'm the kind of compulsive gamer who will try anything within the rules to get an edge, and this seemed like the best option. If left alone inside your town, I wouldn't have done what your screenshots have shown, just for the sake of it. My intentions were to steal, not to destroy made structures.

Let it be known that I've already fought against this rule yesterday. I think having the ability to do what I did to get inside a base being legal is hogwash, and defeats the whole purpose of becoming a miner as well. I would be happy if this became illegal from now on end, or if creeper explosions were turned off at all levels inside a regioned area.

For what it's worth, impressive underground area, and I'm sorry it got destroyed the way it did. As it stands though, rules are rules, and this rule is a head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.