• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Nevermore {Neutral}

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Like in one lab I had to ping from one workstation to another to troubleshoot why one can't connect to the internet, but i had command line access to both (but only the ping command could be used) and on the network diagram Wrk1 was labeled as PC 2. TRICK QUESTION. I almost didn't notice and wrote the wrong ip addresses down in some of the question text boxes lol

What was the question? You don't really.. well I should use the word "Usually" troubleshoot internet connectivity by pinging inside the same network. Usually you ping a webserver/domain outside your network from either computer first. Half of the IC issues I've encountered were "popped" network cards, or simply wrong settings. Usually, popped network cards, or a virus corrupted network settings. But almost never where the user changed settings after we set them up. (Most people don't know what they're doing enough to hurt their internet settings.)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
What was the question? You don't really.. well I should use the word "Usually" troubleshoot internet connectivity by pinging inside the same network. Usually you ping a webserver/domain outside your network from either computer first. Half of the IC issues I've encountered were "popped" network cards, or simply wrong settings. Usually, popped network cards, or a virus corrupted network settings. But almost never where the user changed settings after we set them up. (Most people don't know what they're doing enough to hurt their internet settings.)

I tried using other commands in the virtual terminal but it gave me "this is not an operable program or batch file".

When the test wants me to use a specific command, it's my only option :(

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
we usually just do like:

ping www.google.com -n 5000

Which pings google's server 5,000 times and brings you back a pretty solid report of your connectivity and network packet loss. Other tests inside high end routers can do even better jobs at this, though...and you don't have to ping google, you can ping yahoo, msn, etc. Incase one of those websites are down. However I think google's only ever been down maybe an hour out of an entire year. They're pretty solid for a ping test. From what I've seen.

If we see too much packet loss, we usually start to diagnose it other ways, checking our settings, routers, wires, wifi panels, etc.. Until we find the problem.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow. My school/school district hates us. The computers in the shop/comb lab came with Wondows 7 on 'em.

They currently have Windows XP.

Your school probably doesn't have a customized image of Windows 7 made (it's something they install as the OS that comes with all the apps and setting you need) and they probably put a XP image on there.

That blows haha

navr665

Stone
Hey I really want to join this town, i'm a newer player but I can improve a lot. You can also mold me anyway you want since I don't actually know what I will be. My friend YellowJester is pary of the town also, i'm really creative and nice to be around.

Cheers!
Navr183

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey I really want to join this town, i'm a newer player but I can improve a lot. You can also mold me anyway you want since I don't actually know what I will be. My friend YellowJester is pary of the town also, i'm really creative and nice to be around.

Cheers!
Navr183

Send a PM to myself, xexorian, Aanokint, and Drastikos (all in the same convo) and we will see ;)

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello Nevermore! Here on official Herald business.
I'm creating a Town Library with screenshots from each town, and a banner, so new players can look through the Library and put a picture to the name! It'll be a great way to show off your amazing architecture and also to give new users a chance to find the town they wish to join.
What I need from you is:
-A banner representing your town. It needs your town name, images are optional. It can only be 2inches high, 4 inches long.
-A screenshot of your townhall, in default texture pack, with no user interface (use f1).
-Screenshots of your town, anything else you're proud of, or your townmembers in town, also needs to be in default texture pack. You do not need to use f1 for this.

If you could do this, it would be really helpful, and I would appreciate it immensely. Send the pictures to me over a private conversation when ever you can!
Thanks so much.
-Barnubus

Xanderous

Stone
Hey, my IGN is Xander117, just so you know, and I was playing herocraft since 1.5. I am a decent builder and a moderate PVPer. Generally i dont PVE because my computer lags, but I can hold my own against zombies. I am generally funny and nice to be around, and I am known to be loyal and strongwilled, and will do my best to help this town grow and flourish.

Hope you'll consider!!!
Xander117

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Hey, my IGN is Xander117, just so you know, and I was playing herocraft since 1.5. I am a decent builder and a moderate PVPer. Generally i dont PVE because my computer lags, but I can hold my own against zombies. I am generally funny and nice to be around, and I am known to be loyal and strongwilled, and will do my best to help this town grow and flourish.

Hope you'll consider!!!
Xander117

Accepted!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Would still like to know what the deal with Newerth in XD is. Could you please keep in check Newerth from raiding Oblivion? I know NW isn't exactly good, but they've (victim mostly) defied the no attack treaty time and time again, yet I haven't seen anything going on there in reprimanding him for it.

@xexorian

Chientueur

Dirt
A little fore-note, if at all possible could I have 2 plots, one as a house (which will be shared with Drakonhammer) and the other as a shop. More on that under the second category :)

A link to your white list topic:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/42968-herocraft-hardcore-mmorpg-server-12/page__st__22340

Include some details as to why you should be accepted.
I am an active SMP Minecrafter, who is new to Herocraft, and would absolutely love a nice safe place to make my home - and to start my trading empire with Drakonhammer (He will sign up too soonish). Furthermore, if accepted I would be able to supply the town with enchanted tools for a great price! If it makes any difference, I've talked to Dielan9999, and he said that he'd like me to join i that makes any difference.

What you like to do on Minecraft/Herocraft!
Everything. Quite literally I enjoy all aspects of Minecraft. I've built massive cities, zeppelins as well as done hours of raiding with my friend Drakonhammer. I can't really elaborate much more really, otherwise I'd just have to go through all aspects of MC xD