• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town duels

Avoir

Obsidian
Unfortunately that will not work. Each town has less then 5 actives save for Volantis, but only a handful are PVPers.

If you are looking to hold it to townships, instead of groups of players I fear the idea will not turn out to be what you are looking for due to inactivity.
Now if you are wanting to hold even, organized matches of players; then it will open up because all players will be able to participate(even if their towns don't have 5+ players.) Keeping it open to groups of players will allow for even fights even when the numbers on the server are low.

Edit: Of course, I am not saying that anyone should be forced to group with people they don't want to group with, but for the sake of getting even numbered fights, it will need to be open to groups.
I know for a fact that every town has Atleast 3 members so even fights wouldn't be a problem.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Prometheus for example has 9 people in the town, and probably 3 active people including myself

Avoir

Obsidian
Ahh, then I guess we would not be interested.
I will tag you with the event we are working on when it's completely hashed out.
So you're saying out of all your 4 towns none of them want to participate? I will talk to the town leaders, I'm sure Hyperion, sentinel or volantis will want to participate.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So by being in a town with no active pvpers I am not allowed to participate with another town? If the whole point of this is to gather people for the lack of pvp, then why exclude?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
You are always free to ask, but with the server asleep you are unfortunately going to miss out on most of the potential of your suggestion.
Now you did title this "Town Duals" which I overlooked so I will not try to hijack your suggestion and I wish you luck, but I cannot support it myself, as it would neglect a large portion of the server.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
So you're saying out of all your 4 towns none of them want to participate? I will talk to the town leaders, I'm sure Hyperion, sentinel or volantis will want to participate.

Pretty sure you'll find people in Volantis willing to play, but if Eldry is against it, we will not be participating.

Avoir

Obsidian
So by being in a town with no active pvpers I am not allowed to participate with another town? If the whole point of this is to gather people for the lack of pvp, then why exclude?
Nope, if you want to join then you will need to make an effort and recruit. Work hard and you'll be able to join the fights, you're always welcome to watch if not.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Pretty sure you'll find people in Volantis willing to play, but if Eldry is against it, we will not be participating.

I would like people to have fun at anything that would help the server base, and would not deny anyone the chance so if you can field a group then I would not ask you to stop. What I am saying though is I cannot give energy and time to something that would only help the minority on the server.

I have plans for a simple and fun, capture point/group/tower control that would work based off groups or teams of players as a free play combat or as a league style. This way individuals and the newer townships, as well as those with low actives could create teams to compete in even battles.
Something like that where all players can participate is what I would put time into, but if Franky is willing to put the time forth and setup and maintain this then that's just another outlet for some people to have good fun and that's something we need, even if it's limited.

Avoir

Obsidian
You are always free to ask, but with the server asleep you are unfortunately going to miss out on most of the potential of your suggestion.
Now you did title this "Town Duals" which I overlooked so I will not try to hijack your suggestion and I wish you luck, but I cannot support it myself, as it would neglect a large portion of the server.
Eldry, the server is far from asleep, there is people all over the map pvping and the numbers just keep increasing. Unfortunately I will not be the one missing out, you will.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Drakenvale will get to work constructing an arena in the next few days, pretty sure we reserved a spot inside the town regions if not we can put it on our east road. I support the idea of friendly pvp, we could have a small entrance fee and the winner each week gets to walk away with it.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Yea I had wanted to start a Coliseum a few weeks back. I've got a location for it that wouldnt cause too much conflict with the town as well :D