• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town disbanded without reason.

deltatronica

Stone
Greetings.

Had a town of only two people which randomly disbanded within the last day or so.
There was plenty of money in the bank and therefore I have no idea what happened --
Only I should have had power of the purse.

My dirt-ed chests were raided as a result and I don't want to spend another 500+ coins
claiming sections out of pocket reclaiming. I also don't want to do anything before hearing
something.

Town was "Shadowood" @ +1800, 2000. (Don't worry, nothing of value is left you vultures.)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The rules may have changed, but I know that in the past it was a requirement to have at least 5 people in your town to remain active. That may have changed. I'll wait for someone else with brains to answer.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This is the reason the war system was removed. My town went to war with your town so we could siphon your town materials but it also nuked your town bank after we won.

Not sure if the admins are considering reimbursing those effected because it was like this since launch and the scoring of war (gaining points against offline towns so you can win against inactive/undefended towns) is working as intended. War is removed until the algorithm to produce winnings is fixed because it's so nuclear. When it returns you gotta be ready to defend what is yours, that's why war was made.

Part of it also is that the prices for war and sue are currently appropriate for last map where the economy was much stronger, so we need to come up with a new way that works in every economy.

See my suggestion thread for how war can be improved.

deltatronica

Stone
Well, congrats I guess.
You went to war with a 50+ member town to a our 2 person town and won.
Haxxan usually wanders over to steal stuff, so I'm not surprised. Ugh,

deltatronica

Stone
Hardcore...ugh.

Then in my opinion the war system needs some form of PROPORTIONALITY so the brute squad can't march
the earth removing every hamlet that isn't logged on 24/7.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hardcore...ugh.

Then in my opinion the war system needs some form of PROPORTIONALITY so the brute squad can't march
the earth removing every hamlet that isn't logged on 24/7.

You sound kinda upset right now but when you relax go post on my suggestion thread.

Right now I'm thinking the pay out should be a flat rate based on tier (like 250c for tier one for example) and keep the algorithm for siphoning town mats the same. I need more feedback before I implement any changes

deltatronica

Stone
Of course I'm slightly vexed that every time I'm offered a bit of protect there is some half-baked 11th hour clause to strip it away.

It should be skewed that if a 25:1 population ratio war is started by the larger town, the initiating larger town pays a
proportionately higher price. Collecting a tax of 10c per person per day, supplemented by 40c per day vote system,
means 250c to start a war is too trivial for larger towns.

Economic incentive of cost should be set that larger town should be worried about being sniped constantly by smaller towns.

The world shouldn't be walled in and inaccessible, but it shouldn't be this, either...unless.
Unless you only want two or three kingdoms in the end, then keep the system as is praise be the few raiding mongol hordes.
All rise: PvP is dead. Long live PvP!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Of course I'm slightly vexed that every time I'm offered a bit of protect there is some half-baked 11th hour clause to strip it away.

It should be skewed that if a 25:1 population ratio war is started by the larger town, the initiating larger town pays a
proportionately higher price. Collecting a tax of 10c per person per day, supplemented by 40c per day vote system,
means 250c to start a war is too trivial for larger towns.

Economic incentive of cost should be set that larger town should be worried about being sniped constantly by smaller towns.

The world shouldn't be walled, but it shouldn't be this, either...unless.
Unless you only want two or three kingdoms in the end, then keep the system as is praise be the few raiding mongol hordes.
All rise: PvP is dead. Long live PvP!

You're misunderstanding me. Of course larger towns should be penalized and pay more to war small towns. That will not change. The victory winnings is what is bugged out

deltatronica

Stone
The problem is this: Sure, the game is evolving and being bug tested, but I'll find it as a marked of insanity to
not have some type of mat or coin reimbursement for the fault of these "under test" items. I've lost plenty of mats and coins
for literally no other reason that the foundation is shifting.

Things I can live with:
The stacks of mats lost to death chest bugs.
Loss of items when the old chest protection was removed one evening.
Loss of items from the constant raids and suspected xraying on multiple occasions.

Things I can't:
Not being reimbursed for the founding and marking land cost of a town.

I don't think I'm asking for much.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is this: Sure, the game is evolving and being bug tested, but I'll find it as a marked of insanity to
not have some type of mat or coin reimbursement for the fault of these "under test" items. I've lost plenty of mats and coins
for literally no other reason that the foundation is shifting.

Things I can live with:
The stacks of mats lost to death chest bugs.
Loss of items when the old chest protection was removed one evening.
Loss of items from the constant raids and suspected xraying on multiple occasions.

Things I can't:
Not being reimbursed for the founding and marking land cost of a town.

I don't think I'm asking for much.
It sucks that its happening the way it is, but you must also understand that a 2 person town isn't safe. Even if war was 100% fixed and it costed us 1000 coins or more to war you, we could still very well run you over. Not that we intend to ruin towns, in fact, we tried to target seemingly inactive towns. Sucks that we ended up hitting a few that were still around.

My suggestion to you, is to join up with a larger group or recruit more numbers.

deltatronica

Stone
It's only relatively inactive because protections keep getting kerfuffled and the goons from newerth and
toontown keep regularly wandering in for ...reasons?

I don't think the server can successfully handle (Lag wise) the 300+ concurrent players likely needed
for any town to be safe in this sort of waring/peace nation vision you may hope it to be. (100 pushes it
with mob movement tick and hit issues, melee shadow-lag mongoloids rule the earth, etc.)

I'm perfectly prepared to say perhaps this server isn't for me, but I don't think the vision you are hoping for
is possible either with the current conditions. I see it devolving into small towns do guerilla warfare on the
large,and large prevent the small for doing much and no one really has fun.

If I log on at 1AM for a month straight, declare war as a town of one on another one with a rainbow, pin-striped
tissue box for a house, and break crap for the sake for breaking crap, is that fun for anyone?
I just don't think it is.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings.

Had a town of only two people which randomly disbanded within the last day or so.
There was plenty of money in the bank and therefore I have no idea what happened --
Only I should have had power of the purse.

My dirt-ed chests were raided as a result and I don't want to spend another 500+ coins
claiming sections out of pocket reclaiming. I also don't want to do anything before hearing
something.

Town was "Shadowood" @ +1800, 2000. (Don't worry, nothing of value is left you vultures.)
This is being fixed, sorry that your town got hit so hard, hoping this is more enjoyable int he future.