• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town Alignments, Living the lie.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Greetings my name is Teddy Tazer. As mayor of underworld I promote evil behavior, the killing of anyone that is not part of our town, the raiding and stealing of any chest left unprotected. I have noticed many towns claiming to be good and neutral, yet share the exact beliefs me and my town hold dear. For instance this town oakenshire, I was peacefully exploring looking for my old friend jacobburkey. I came across about 4 people where he was last seen and before I could stop and type out "Hi I am Friendly and Peaceful" They ran me down and murdered me. This was clearly not what I would consider Good behavior. Then there is LO, the so called neutral kingdom, I'm sure I am not alone when I say they pretty much kill first ask questions later. I've even seen LO members camp Graveyards for hour or so just at chance to kill some random guy.. Even though my town is evil I discourage killing unequipped and lower level players coming fresh from graveyards, mostly cause it makes u weaker and there is no place for weakness inside my town.

So when I see these Official Townships claiming to be Good, Neutral I just presume they are evil just like my town. My question is why don't they advertise it as it is?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Oakenshire seems to be lying to an extent - as noted by their alliance to the evil kingdom of the RoV. However, please realize they killed you because you declared "war on the world" - and I believe Oakenshire is considered a piece of our world. You're also evil, and so you're justified to be killed no matter what by good.

On the case of the LO, you have to understand that almost everybody attacks us now. Most people are either KoS or in evil towns/guilds themselves unless declared otherwise. I've rarely seen LO members "camp" graveyards this map, and I think you're mistaken (I've seen Underworld do it much, much more, but that's ok because you are evil...). My kingdom is neutral too, but I consider myself a good player this map. Personally, I am against killing noobs and camping graveyards. Overall, I would say the LO is definitely a neutral kingdom.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
I was part of Underworld for a brief time and I went on exactly one raid with them....it was to Oakenshire.

So yeah, Oakenshire killing Underworld members on sight really shouldn't be a surprise, regardless of their declared alignment.

Although you're absolutely right, too many Good/Neutral towns actively raid other Good/Neutral towns. Also, too many members of good/neutral towns kill new players and/or players not belonging to a town (who should be considered neutral until their actions deem them otherwise).

It's like Kainzo was saying when talking about the proposed alignment system---there is currently NO drawback to killing/raiding--only potential reward. This alone makes declaring a town alignment rather silly.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Uh, if I am not mistaken, good towns are supposed to kill/raid evil towns. That's the idea, good fights evil, evil fights good, so the residents of Oakenshire are not in the wrong. I also might add that I've been told by several players/staff members that the town alignment system isn't followed very much anymore nor are there consequences for "stepping out of line".

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Uh, if I am not mistaken, good towns are supposed to kill/raid evil towns. That's the idea, good fights evil, evil fights good, so the residents of Oakenshire are not in the wrong. I also might add that I've been told by several players/staff members that the town alignment system isn't followed very much anymore nor are there consequences for "stepping out of line".
Yes, but why be good if you're allied to an evil town? Why not just be evil yourselves?

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes, but why be good if you're allied to an evil town? Why not just be evil yourselves?
Because our town likes being good but our allies just so happen to be evil. There are exceptions you know, meaning our evil allies might like raiding every good town but ours.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Because our town likes being good but our allies just so happen to be evil. There are exceptions you know, meaning our evil allies might like raiding every good town but ours.
No, there aren't. That goes against the definitions of "good" and "evil". Some of us try to preserve what we can of town alignment, because it adds a special flavor to the game, politics, and other aspects of HC life. Breaking that sort of ruins the fun.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
I laughed so hard at LO doesnt camp graveyards as much as underworld. First off I always saw Da_Burg, PewPew, Midnight, and Beasttrecon feed off of people at graveyards besides evil towns. The fact that one day you told me LO they do not go kill noobs but just to destroy evil towns is laughable. PewPew even admitted to camping gys and killing noobs in his TC app.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I laughed so hard at LO doesnt camp graveyards as much as underworld. First off I always saw Da_Burg, PewPew, Midnight, and Beasttrecon feed off of people at graveyards besides evil towns. The fact that one day you told me LO they do not go kill noobs but just to destroy evil towns is laughable. PewPew even admitted to camping gys and killing noobs in his TC app.
Feel free to believe what you want. If it's slander, then so be it.

Be and let be.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
So youre okay when ex LO members say they camp gys and kill noobs? But you say that you guys dont?

Why should you be a Tree Creeper:When I first started PvPing, I thought to be good I had to camp noobs. So I sat at graveyards as a low level bard, stuffing my jukebox down their poor throats. I thought I was a godly PvPer. Turns out, I wasn't. I thought what I did, was what TC did. I thought that all of you sat at graveyards, and camped for hours. I was very wrong..
Please note that he says when he "first started PvPing" - and mind you, Pew has been around for a long time. This goes back to the beginning of DragonGuarde, and never happened in Bastion.

You make mistakes and you grow from them.

I hope you don't mind PewPewPewLasers , but I had to use concrete evidence to back my case.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
But he knew the rules of LO and still did it, and he STILL camps them all the time. And Pew Im not trying to attack you on this subject, Im just stating that LO does camp gys and alot more than Underworld. But LO is a "Neutral" town

teddytazer

Soulsand
Also before My town was created members of LO used to camp the construction of my town and murder my friends for no other reason then the glory of killing them. This is not the way you make friends or remain neutral.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Also before My town was created members of LO used to camp the construction of my town and murder my friends for no other reason then the glory of killing them. This is not the way you make friends or remain neutral.
You were and always have been evil. Last map we even fought against Altum kingdom, I'm still not sure why you immediately expect people to hold hands with you when you declare yourself evil.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
You were and always have been evil. Last map we even fought against Altum, I'm still not sure why you immediately expect people to hold hands with you when you declare yourself evil.
Remember the babies. Everything will be alright.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Ok you got me, I've been evil from the start. Killing my town members and camping my town was just what a good town should have done... but aren't you guys neutral?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok you got me, I've been evil from the start. Killing my town members and camping my town was just what a good town should have done... but aren't you guys neutral?
I'm good, a bunch of us are neutral-good, and when you compromised MajorasMask 's old bridge to the original barracks, people got mad.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

I mean at this point it's too late to say who started what, considering you've been fighting us and we've been fighting you since almost the start of this map. So being neutral doesn't mean ignoring the fact that you're a group of enemies living next to us.